My kitties

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By wanttobeinvienna
  • 1 Post By lalap
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2012, 11:52 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swear that my cats know that im pregnant. They each now suddenly HAVE to lay right across my baby bump and they all would lay there all day if i let them and they fight over who gets to lay on the bump. They do not normally do this! Normally they snuggle n wander off n do their own thing. And my one kitty that has been a mama before is the worst about this. She was pregnant while i was preg with DD and she didnt do this then. My other kitties didnt do this with DD...except my very old cat who passed while i was preg with DD...and that cat was just so in tune with me I wasnt shocked by her doing it...but now all 4 of my kitties wont leave my belly alone! Lol anyone else notice your kitties or doggies doin similar behavior?

November 14th, 2012, 12:07 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
YES! I believe it...
Although my mom doesnt know yet, I SWEAR her cat does! She is on TOP of me and my belly right now...

Thank goodness she can't talk!!!
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Lol! I have four cats as well. They're all up in my business all the time though, so it's hard to know it it's increased or if I'm just more irritable. Haha.
MamaSkunk likes this.
November 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 cats and one is evil so, no, she hasn't been clingy at all lol. The other is up my butt constantly anyway but last night she was insistent about laying on my stomach. I would push her off and then she would gripe at me and hop right back on...very weird.
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with DD for about the last 3 months everytime I brought anything home my dog would dig in each bag and stopped after we brought her home. I'm curious to see if he acts the same this time.
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Veteran
My boyfriend's mom has a lot of cats...so far two of the females who NEVER lay on people's laps have been trying to get on mine the second I sit down, and if I'd push them off they'd be back up within no time...This has been going on for the past 3 weeks. I also noticed that my boyfriend's favorite cat has been very distant with me lately. But then again he hates the other two cats that are all over me so maybe that's why. who knows. I find it rather weird. My dog on the other hand is acting her normal self so it'll be interesting to see if she picks up on anything over the next few months.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 14th, 2012, 08:57 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On the dog topic, my dog has been around since before my kids and has acted the same with both pregnancies...he doesn't act any different until somewhere around the halfway mark. Then he gets very protective of me and also starts liking to sleep right next to me. Normally, he likes his own sleeping space and he sleeps on his bed in the floor of our room but both times I've been pregnant, as soon as I start to get a pretty good bump, he starts liking to curl up next to it. I'm curious to see if he ends up doing the same this time cause so far he is still clueless.

November 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol cute stories. I think our pets are all more intuitive than many ever realize. The only one of my dogs that has acted different is Ruka...and she just sticks real close to me and Im not sure if thats cuz she senses something or because she needs me as a security blanket since she got attacked. Its mainly my kitties that are acting funny. And mine are also griping if i push them off my belly! Lol

November 15th, 2012, 03:09 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got 2 cats and a dog. The dog is constantly with me anyway, so no change there. He hasn't started acting strange. The 2 cats are what I call scared-y cats anyway. They don't really care about attention and do their own thing all the time anyway. I think they each get petted about once a day and that's by their own choosing. It'll be interesting to see if any of that changes throughout the course of the pregnancy.

November 15th, 2012, 05:45 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
I wonder if it'll have any effect on my teenager students.. maybe make them sweeter? Nah..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search