One thing you miss?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled to be expecting a baby and would gladly give up anything that could harm him/her. But, what is one thing you miss?

For me, it is a steamy hot bubble bath on these cold nights. The warm ones ate just not cutting it.
November 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
This is going to sound terrible, but I miss smoking lol! I'm a medic and 80
Percent of the people I work with smoke, my best friend smokes and even my
Parents. I miss it and still crave it after four weeks
Of no cigs. **Sigh**

Thankfully hubby doesn't smoke, so I'm
Not around it at home. That does make it easier.
November 15th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have not had a real break since I went straight from pregnancy to breastfeeding and back to pregnancy. I am not a big drinker but today I was irritable and thinking I wanted to drink some wine. I am not such a puritan that I won't have a sip or small amount here and there with dinner, even pregnant or nursing, but my urge tonight was more for a big glass or two on an empty stomach random urge!!

I have luckily not gotten many headaches yet but when/if i do, I will sorely miss ibuprofen! And that one is a big no no.

I would take a hot bath though. Not enough of your body is submerged to raise your core temp. Unless you have a really deep fancy tub or something. I have always heard it is just hot tubs and saunas but home baths and showers are nbd.

November 15th, 2012, 07:33 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A Margarita! And a big one! lol

November 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Painkillers!! I injured my back in gymnastics in highschool n broke 2 vertebrae...twisted and tore a muscle in my back on the right side and pinched and severed a bunch of nerves....well i went 4 months without telling my mom or coach...so my vertebrae healed wrong...and sometimes my back goes out because of it....this week it went out and ive been flat on my back for a week and im dying for a few strong painkillers and a.muscle relaxer

November 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this sounds terrible, and I wouldn't change my situation for anything, but since I'm single now...I miss being able to date. I never dated much, but knowing that it's going to be a long time before I get to date again or have a new relationship is kind of sad to me. But I know it's totally worth it, plus I can't focus on anything but this baby anyway!

November 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the margaritas!

Also, sleeping. Lately I have been tossing and turning and sleeping very lightly. I'm normally dead to the world when I sleep and I would give anything to have that back.
eshute likes this.

November 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Food! Lol

Nothing tastes good, hardly anything stays down. Blah. And as long as you do not raise your core temp a hot bath is perfectly fine.
QueenCrafty likes this.

November 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not much of a drinker, but I'd really like to have a glass of wine now and then, or a margarita, or some Baileys and coffee...

November 16th, 2012, 12:23 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I'm going to miss celebrating opening day and st Patrick's day in the spring. I had booked a trip to Vegas for our new year's eve anniversary but cancelled once I found out I was pregnant. Just didn't seem like it would be as fun. Once I have the babies I will miss ever running somewhere really quick again haha
November 16th, 2012, 03:03 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adult beverages. I enjoy a drink after a hard week and I have had a couple of doozies lately.
November 16th, 2012, 03:20 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
A beer - I really want a beer!

And running, dr. has made me stop and all I want to do is go on a long trail run!

November 16th, 2012, 04:17 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Feeling normal. LOL. Since I found out I have been either terribly emotional or really sick. I just want to wake up and feel like myself.
wildchihuahua likes this.
November 16th, 2012, 04:18 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
Wine!!! Unlike previous posters, it's nothing for me to have a glass of wine each night. It's great after a stressful day. I love my wine!! I've joked about bringing a bottle to the delivery room and having a glass as soon as baby was born. LOL. Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed though. LOL.

I second running! I had to quit too, and it's SUCH a great stress reliever!
bribugg13 likes this.
November 16th, 2012, 04:29 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Excedrin and a hot bath. I've been having some pretty awful headaches with this pregnancy and the Tylenol doesn't seem to be doing much good for them.
November 16th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so thankful to be pregnant and I'm happy to give up everything for these few precious months since this will be be my last. That being said, I do miss having a glass of wine or a beer with dinner on the weekend. I also miss being able to work out hard, I'm still excersising 5 days a week but I've had to really take it down a few notches. I miss being able to sleep already. I just toss and turn all night.
November 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Definitely a glass or two of wine!! And I 2nd sleep, all I do is toss and turn all night, ugh!! I'm only 8 weeks, for real!?!

November 16th, 2012, 06:00 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Oh crap! I'm not supposed to be taking bubble baths?!
November 16th, 2012, 06:11 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sushi and Coke. I know I can have both of those in moderation but I usually cut them out or refrain from them for long periods of time over my pregnancies. I told my husband the first thing I wanted after having our son was lox and a Coke. The morning after we had him *he was born at 4 AM so several hours later* what did I have for my first breakfast as a new mom, lox and Coke courtesy of my husband, he remembered. Ill be waiting for the same after this one is born too
November 16th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really can't wait to have some beer and wine......

Quote:
Originally Posted by terese81 View Post
Wine!!! Unlike previous posters, it's nothing for me to have a glass of wine each night. It's great after a stressful day. I love my wine!! I've joked about bringing a bottle to the delivery room and having a glass as soon as baby was born. LOL. Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed though. LOL.

I second running! I had to quit too, and it's SUCH a great stress reliever!
Omg I said the same lol.. I'm definitely gonna bring some wine to the hospital to celebrate the birth of the baby and not being pregnant anymore lol
terese81 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search