I forgot! Due Date!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lalap

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 06:49 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
My doctor has tentatively set my due date at July 31st! Yay!

BTW, Do you think there's anyway I'll be physically ready to go back to school in 15-20 days? I really don't want to miss the first week of school and we usually start mid August. My husband will have a year off before he starts medical school, so he'll be our live-in nanny. Haha.
Karenna and wanttobeinvienna like this.
November 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a due date! Woah, I would never go back to work that quick so I don't know. That is totally your choice. I don't think you will really know how you feel until you have your baby.

I tried to plan it to be due in April so it would be the end of the school year, I got pregnant and had a loss. So now I am due June 21st and I plan to take a maternity leave in the beginning of the school year. I stayed home 3 months with DD and then went back for a month and then had summer break. I want to have the same amount of time with the next baby. I don't want to lose a maternity leave just because I am due in the summer. I finally threw away the idea of planning (the last thing I want to do is be out in the beginning of the school year) but after my loss I looked at it much differently. It is one year of my life that I will not be there in the beginning of the year, the kids will survive and it is more worth it for me to have that time with baby that I can never get back.

November 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
Yay Congratulations on a due date

I think only you know if you will be ready to go back, but I understand your anxiousness about going back. Be kind and gentle with yourself, and I am sure with a good plan you can make something work. I work in non-profit, and see moms who have no option but to go back 1-2 weeks after the baby is born. I know it's nothing they WANT, but it's what they HAVE to do, and with strength and determination, they do. I know you will make the right decision for your family!

November 16th, 2012, 08:01 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
The thing is, that first week we have Professional Development. Basically, we just sit and listen to lectures for 4 days. When you miss PD days, you still have to make up the hours in order to keep your license up to date. However, even when you make up those hours, you still don't get your docked days back! So you end up working the days, but not getting paid for them.
November 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think you have to consider plenty of factors. if you have an uncomplicated vaginal delivery I think it's possible (but your going to be dead tired haha) If you have a c-section or any other kinds of complications I'm not sure. I went back to school rather quickly after DD but it wasn't that quick. I tore really badly and had 18 stitches and walking around or going anywhere HURT for a good 3 weeks.
Also are you going to be FF or BFing? If BFing you never know if your going to have a hard time with the pump or not.
I think its definitely possible, but I don't know if I would bank on it happening for sure

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
November 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My oldest was born July 31st.

I pretty much agree with PP, I'd say the answer is "maybe" but depends on factors you can't necessarily plan in advance for.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with my son--he was born on Sept. 18th, I was back to school within about 2 weeks and I had a C-section. I definitely wouldn't RECOMMEND it, but I managed.. ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? It was pretty rough though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search