Prenatal yoga?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 09:48 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to start doing prenatal yoga during DD's naptime. I'm probably the least limber person in the world...I've never come close to being able to touch my toes. I really want a VBAC and I want to do everything I can to increase my chances. Anybody have a good video you can recommend? I have one but it's too easy, even for me, and I didn't find it useful at all. I'm don't want anything too challenging since I'm definitely a novice, but I know in the beginning I can modify the moves and make them simpler or take breaks and work up to being able to get into the poses.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I just use the regular yoga dvd's that I have and modify or skip some of the poses. The only prenatal one I tried was what I used on my rest days, even at 10 months it was too easy.

ETA: there are also some good books that you can use to build your own routine. Check your library before you buy.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have the Gaiam Prenatal Yoga dvd with Shiva Rea. It was good. There are 3 ladies in the video and you can follow the one that fits your need (experienced, 2nd trimester, or 3rd trimester/beginner)
November 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same, completely inflexible. It's ridiculous how inflexible I am.

I've actually found some pretty decent 30 minute prenatal yoga workouts on YouTube, surprisingly enough. Kind of nice, since it's free...you don't end up paying $20 or $30 on a dvd that sucks and you'll never use again. If you don't like it, just try a different one.

I've really, really been trying to get in a workout every day, but feeling as crappy as I've felt the last two months, it's really hard to get motivated to do it - even though I always end up feeling better afterwards.

November 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you have Netflix, there is at least one prenatal yoga video on there. and several other pretty easy regular ones.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search