And if its a boy, he shall be NAMELESS lol!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 03:29 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot for the LIFE of ME find a little boy's name! I know I am only 11 weeks along and I have plenty of time but it is driving me nuts. I have always had names in mind early so I can refer to the baby as that instead of just "baby". But seriously, I look at the boys names and die.. I CANNOT find one I like. Sad huh? Looks like he will be named Baby Boy Latimer.

We had a couple names picked out but they were just too common. I don't pick unusual names, I just never wanted to have my child have several classmates with the same name, ya know?

Just gonna pray for a girl! That will be easier.

Is anyone else having trouble with names?!

November 17th, 2012, 03:35 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here!! I've had a girl's name picked out for ages (it's my grandmother's name), but as for a boy...nope! Haha. The baby's dad was thinking about naming it after him because he has a family name, which would be fine with me, but that was before we split up so I don't know if that's still what he wants. I used to like Bryan Christopher, but it isn't sitting as well with me now. Who knows. Heck, with things so up in the air with me and the baby's dad, I don't even know if it would be Baby Boy Shute, or Baby Boy Quintero at this point! lol.

November 17th, 2012, 04:00 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a hard time too. I am just going to try not to think about names much until I know the gender.

November 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
If my seven year old were a girl he still wouldn't have a name haha. So if I have to come up with two girl names this time around I'm in trouble!
November 17th, 2012, 04:14 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I am so glad other people are thinking about names! I have had a hard time coming up with a boy's middle name! First name will be after my dad, but the middle name is what he would go by, and nothing has grabben me!!!

November 17th, 2012, 04:38 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We toss names out there that we like but we won't seriously think about it until we know the gender. We have several girl names that we like but boy names may be a little harder.
November 17th, 2012, 05:25 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like we are going to have a hard time agreeing with this baby. If it is a girl we don't agree because both have top girls names that we love and it will be hard to decide. If it is a boy I think we have exhausted all the options that we agree on with the other two!
November 17th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeinvienna View Post
I am so glad other people are thinking about names! I have had a hard time coming up with a boy's middle name! First name will be after my dad, but the middle name is what he would go by, and nothing has grabben me!!!
This is what we do with our boys. Their first names are family names: david, Jason, Harrison, Jonathan. They go by their middles which are courson, Quinn, Reid, Nicholas. If this one is a boy, I want to use John for the guy who is giving us his house. I want to use George or Walter who were my grandfathers. But I like Zane!
November 17th, 2012, 06:32 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH and I disagree on names, especially girl names. It was really hard coming up with our girls' names but I won mostly. If this one is a girl, the middle name will be after a prominent woman in history. DH thinks I'm weird and nerdy but tends to agree to let me use those middle names as long as we never have to call our children by that name. I like unique first names that are elegant and dramatic but have a nickname to them. DH likes normal names that are pretty common. I'm afraid we have exhausted the only names we agree on for a girl.
November 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
Girl's names are so much easier for us for some odd reason, we are struggling with the boy name, lol

November 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're stuck on both. We talked about it a bunch really early on (and actually quite a bit before I was even pregnant, lol) but we got nowhere, so now we're waiting until we find out the sex to even discuss it any further. And I think this time we might come up with a short list and see which one fits when we meet the baby. We might keep it a secret, too. I'm much more relaxed about it this time.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 17th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've had our names picked for awhile. Ava Brianne or Timothy Eli. Both are after DH: Brian Timothy
November 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having trouble too, although we haven't really discussed it too much lately. We both really like Phillip Michael (Phillip is my dad's middle name and Michael is SO's and his dad's first name) but it's not concrete... For a girl, all we have is a middle name: Aurora. Which is 100% set in stone. I will NOT budge.. lol

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
We have a boy name picked out but cant agree on a girl name! Lol for a boy we picked Collin Richard (middle name richard is my dads first name) I like Lynsay for a girl, and Brooke and Ava..we cant agree on a girl name
November 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Have decided on two girl names we both love. Although if it's a girl the decision is really ALL MINES anyway! And if it's a boy, we are also between two names as well. All of this was decided before week 8

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

November 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm gonna be the odd one out and say we haven't even discussed names yet. Not even once lol. We disagree something awful when it comes to names so we have decided to not even bring it up until we know the gender. The only thing we agree on is to use family names as middle names (my DD's is my middle name and my mom's name, DS's is DF's grandpa's name). We do have a list of family names we may use for middle names but the one we use will all depend on what sounds best.

We may be dragging this one out to the very end to choose a name lol

November 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartersMommy View Post
I feel like we are going to have a hard time agreeing with this baby. If it is a girl we don't agree because both have top girls names that we love and it will be hard to decide. If it is a boy I think we have exhausted all the options that we agree on with the other two!
That is just how it is with DH and I. I have no idea how we will ever decide on a name. And we aren't finding out the gender so we are going to have to agree on both a girls and a boys name.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
November 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We can not agree on a boys name although in my head if its a boy he will be Hudson Zane. Kyle does not agree but I will get my way. If its a girl we are stuck on Payson or Reagan. Not sure on middle names though.

November 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also loooooooooooooove Peyton for a girl.. I think Peyton Aurora sounds delightful

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like unusual names... DD is Jade Raine. And this one for a girl i like Aria or Adria. DH picks middle names but i get final say so and veto power. The two boy names I liked...Aidan and Tristan both names were stolen by two of my friends after I once mentioned my fave boy names. Im kinda tossing around Jude....yep beatles inspired. Or Michael James in memory of our friend that passed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search