Random question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2012, 12:24 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How did you meet your dh/so? Where did you go on your first date?

November 18th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I met my husband when he was at taxidermy school in Okoboji IA(NE Iowa) and I was visiting the area. Our 1st date if you call it that was to the Chinese restaurant and driving around talking around that town. We have been together ever since. He is from SW Iowa I'm from St. Paul MN so we did long distance for a year then I moved.

November 18th, 2012, 05:54 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I went to the same high school so we knew of each other but I was younger and he had a girlfriend so we never connected while he was in high school. We 'hung out' for the first time when I was a junior in high school and he was a freshman in college he was home for a weekend and ended up going with friends to a basketball game together then out to eat after. Our first 'real' date was to a local steak place.
November 18th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually, I met him at work. We worked for the same company, in the same store for about 15 months before I quit. Technically, our first date was coffee at midnight at my place..

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 18th, 2012, 06:53 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
We had run in the same circle of friends for years, but both of us were married, and then our divorces. We finally went on our first date after a month of writing emails that were actually more like mini novels. Our first date was a quick lunch date, and then our second date was a 8 hour, couldn't get enough, amazing date to dinner and then drinks after. And after just a few blissful months.... we found out we were pregnant !!

November 18th, 2012, 07:19 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually went to high school with DH's ex, so I knew her before him. Years later, we had a mutual friend trying to hook us up, but I had just gotten out of a long term relationship and didn't think I was ready to date again. He kept asking me out, and I kept turning him down. We hung out quite a bit because we had mutual friends, and I eventually agreed to go on a date with him basically to get him off my back. There was one night a couple months before our first date where we were all drunk and we were wrestling on the floor. He ended up ripping my bra somehow (completely innocent, there were lots of people there). When he picked me up for our first date he handed me a bag with a new bra in it. That is when I started changing my mind about dating again.

November 18th, 2012, 07:54 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I met DH randomly at a Blockbuster Video store. I had just graduated high school and had a friend that worked at that same store. A group of friends and I went in to harass our friend, but I ended up leaving early and renting a video. DH was the guy at the check out and he gave me the rental for free. I got his number through my friend and called him to ask him out on a date (so unlike me!). We went out a few days later to see a movie, but we had to go back to his house as soon as it was over because he was grounded. He was 16 and I was 17. And actually, I had to buy the movie tickets because it was an R-rated movie and he wasn't old enough
navywifey2003 likes this.
November 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We hung out in the same group of friends for years. I actually couldn't stand him at first I thought he was arrogant and obnoxiously loud. After a couple of nights out that ended in him giving me a ride home, I got to talk to him more one-on-one and realized we actually had tons in common. We started interacting with each other more when we would go out with friends and this went on for months. Finally, one drunken night after leaving a party, I got the courage to kiss him. He called me the next day and asked me out on a date. Our first date was to an awesome loft restaurant. We ended up staying at the bar in the restaurant and talking for hours afterward.

November 18th, 2012, 08:35 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
8th grade math class. =) We went and saw deep impact. What a terrible movie. LOL =) We still watch it every now and then for memories sake. We only dated for about 6 months then and remained really close friends until senior year of high school. We've been together ever since.

November 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met DHs best friend and we went out for a date...well it didnt take long before we realized we didnt.click as anything more than friends. And he asked me what my ideal guy would be like...well i.pretty much described his best friend and he said you gotta meet my best friend. So we went to their apartment for a few beers and BSed for about an hour..we became fast friends..and then DH came home as they lived together at the time. And it was love at first sight. I knew I was gonna marry him. And DHs best friend knew his best friend cuz we hit it off. DH asked me to marry him 2 weeks later and I made him wait a year before I said yes lol
Also on a side note DHs best friend who became mine too passed away and altho i dont feel this baby is a boy...when we have a boy I will probably name our first son after our friend....cuz without him we wouldnt even be together.

November 18th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We met on Yahoo Personals. I lived out-of-state at the time, so we emailed back and forth for 7 months before we met. We went out to dinner and then went bowling for our first date. We go back to that restaurant (if we can) on our "dating anniversary" and we've been sat at the same exact table (without asking to sit there) 3 out of the last 4 times.

November 18th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We met when we both showed up for a recitation we had together super early. We were both sitting on the bench and we started talking. Our first date was a month and a half later (after we broke up with our respective SOs) and first he took me home to meet his parents (he said from the moment we met, he knew I was "the one") and then we went and saw that terrible Halle Berry movie "Gothika."

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
November 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I met DH randomly at a Blockbuster Video store. I had just graduated high school and had a friend that worked at that same store. A group of friends and I went in to harass our friend, but I ended up leaving early and renting a video. DH was the guy at the check out and he gave me the rental for free. I got his number through my friend and called him to ask him out on a date (so unlike me!). We went out a few days later to see a movie, but we had to go back to his house as soon as it was over because he was grounded. He was 16 and I was 17. And actually, I had to buy the movie tickets because it was an R-rated movie and he wasn't old enough
Our story is pretty similar!

Our story begins on June 17th, 2003. My friend and I were at the bowling alley just the two of us hanging out but it wasnt as fun as we expected it to be, it wasnt cosmic there were not very many people there so we decided to leave and head to a place called gameworks. Which was about 15/20 minutes away from where we already were but hey it was a Friday night we were 18 and had just graduated HS. When we walked into Gameworks I noticed this attractive guy playing a game next to the booth where you pay. I said to my friend hey he's kinda cute. So we walked in and started having a good time. Then I noticed that the guy from the front was staring at me and I keep finding him as well. Shortly before 10pm, Kyle finally approached me and asked if we wanted to play air hockey with him and his brother. Wendy and I did, but over the loud speaker they announced gameworks was now closed. (ugh) So Kyle left he walked away I really thought I was never going to see him again. As he was walking to his car with his brother in the opposite direction of where I was parked, I yelled out, "Gosh Wendy I guess he doesnt want my name or my number." As Wendy and I were getting into my truck their car pulled up beside us, he then asked for my name and number. As we were leaving the mall parking lot they pulled into a gas station and we turned around to pull in behind them. We chatted for a few and made plans to talk on the phone that night. During that conversation I found out how old he was, this whole time I thought he was older than me but turns out he was only 16. But I was willing to give him a shot, I had just turned 18 after all.
QueenCrafty likes this.

November 18th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dated his best friend from middle school up until the middle of Jr year of HS. Our first date was to my sr prom and we've been together ever since.
November 18th, 2012, 02:24 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
DH and I met and started dating in high school... my junior, his senior year. Our first real date he took me to dinner and then we went and parked at the airport because I had never been there. We got ran off by a cop after about 15 minutes, and then we just drove around town, and then he got me home 30 minutes before curfew. That was 19 years ago.

Robert: 19 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 18 months!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We met at a bar in 2007 actually but it wasn't random. I went out with my sorority sisters and he was really close friends with one of them and came out with them. I'm actually surprised that I hadn't met him sooner. I didn't want to date him at first because he was in the navy, divorced and had a 1 year old at the time. We later met up by chance at the same bar again two weeks later and he asked me out. We went on our first date that week to a local Italian place. We talked for hours after dinner and haven't stopped since.
November 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
online, and we saw Reindeer games. that was almost 13 years old

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

November 18th, 2012, 04:43 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We met through work about 6 years ago. He taught my training and did all the paperwork (He works in HR).

Our first date, actually, he invited me over to bake cookies at his house. He REALLY likes to cook. So he made me dinner and we made cookies together. It was awesome. I think the first time we went out, we went to Olive Garden and I think a movie. Can't remember for sure!

November 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
lol My Husband and i met on a online video game called world of war craft! Then me mett up in different states and been hook to each other ever since... we had our first child after three years of dating and got married and shortly after we are expecting our second child... bet thing that ever happen to me and a huge risk meeting someone on line.. wouldnt change a thing!

November 19th, 2012, 05:15 AM
momneedscoffee13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Yahoo to momneedscoffee13 Send a message via Skype™ to momneedscoffee13
We met at work, at the company Christmas party to be exact, though we worked in the same department, December 2004. With the help of a mutual friend, I gave him my number and we started hanging out. We were both in college, so he would come over to my place to "study" Our first date was a dinner date at a restaurant called Tripps.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search