anyone else...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By dmreed32

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 08:49 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
Have a limited diet right now.. and by that I mean only able to eat certain things b/c certain foods make you sick.. for a week now I have been trying to eat as bland as I can.. I can't even eat "healthy" food and snacks.. b/c right now the thought of any kind of vegetable just makes my stomach turn.. and the only thing I am able to eat is mashed potatoes, cracker, crackers with peanut butter and some fruits.. like grapes.. and I can only drink like 7up.. and some water.. even water is iffy..i don't know if it's just it's not carbonated.. Thanksgiving is in 2 days.. and I look forward to all the yummy food.. and I can't think about not having all the food I've been looking forward to.. When I was pregnant with DD I was already in the middle of the 2nd trimester.. and not sick..
November 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been hard for me, but I'm just finishing up my first trimester now, and I seem to be able to eat more variety recently. There was a time that everything made me sick, even crackers. It didn't seem to matter so much what the food was, at certain times everything made me sick.

The only thing that I'm still not able to eat at this point seems to be meat. I haven't been able to stomach it for weeks. My husband was looking at the menu for the week that I wrote up on our whiteboard (I always plan the meals for the whole week so I don't have to go shopping a million times) and he seemed to notice a theme..."Hmm...vegetarian, vegetarian, vegetarian...hunny? Are we eating any meat at all this week?" Nope! On the bright side, our grocery costs have gone down
dmreed32 likes this.

November 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Morning sickness is the absloute worse with this baby than my other three so I can totally relate. I've been looking forward to Thanksgiving and all the amazing food but I can't even finish cooking dinner before the smell makes me sick. My midwife prescribe me some phenergan and I took one so I could try to eat some dinner last night and it knocked me out. Thank goodness for DH because I was out for hours!

November 20th, 2012, 09:30 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
I agree with you ladies, not much variety over here either. I can't stand the smell or taste of ground beef anymore, I can deal with baked chicken but at a low limit. I have been able to drink alittle bit more water lately but I'm not drinking it alot, but my doctor told me it's ok as long as you getting some type of fluids in your system so you don't dehydrate. My goal is to eat a plate of Thanksgiving food or at least half a plate, lol. I can't wait till this gets better. Hang in there ladies.

November 20th, 2012, 09:33 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I mostly can't eat anything cooked. Cooking smells make me sick and I can't finish so I haven't cooked for weeks. One night I ordered 3 large pizzas and my husband ate that for days hahaha It really seemed rational at the time. He came home and said, "You know I could have just heated up some soup." hahaha

I am going to try to cook tonight. We shall see
briellelynette likes this.

November 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
I'm pretty good on the nausea all day, until about 4 or 5pm. It really seems to kick in then. I can stomach most foods, but I never feel like eating meat, it just grosses me out.
November 20th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's funny because I can't get enough meat. Meat, meat, more meat. But I am not sick with this one. I take a Benadryl every night and I think that is helping. I take it for allergies and this itching thing I do, but started it about 6 mo ths ago.
November 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most days, I do pretty well with eating someone early.. Lunch is a little more iffy, dinner is almost a no go. Today, even trying to eat a bagel made me feel awful. So far, I've had 1/3 of a bagel and 4 crackers and I can barely tolerate water. Coke has been my best friend today.. (though I've only had 2)

OAN: I discovered today that I can have up to 5 cans of coke a day. They recommend no more than 200mg of caffeine a day and each 12oz can is only 35mg... Woooooot!

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Our meals have been interesting here too. Last week was especially awful. One night I felt so miserable but my kids were starving. I ended up cooking them scrambled eggs with apple slices as the side. What a lame dinner, but I couldn't stand the thought of trying to make anything else. I could barely stand to look at the eggs while I was cooking them. What is okay one day, makes me want to throw up the next day. And if I manage to cook a real meal, I am too exhausted to clean up after myself. Thanksgiving will be interesting with me making 3 sides and a dessert. I am hoping I can eat a few things.
November 21st, 2012, 08:18 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
One thing that gets me is.. (For the time being we are living at DHs parents house) and they keep making these meals I can't eat then wonder why I'm not eating.. And my MIL has 3 dogs and they smell and I can't have them sit next to me and then my MIL thinks I'm being mean.. Sigh....
November 21st, 2012, 08:28 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToLillie View Post
Most days, I do pretty well with eating someone early.. Lunch is a little more iffy, dinner is almost a no go. Today, even trying to eat a bagel made me feel awful. So far, I've had 1/3 of a bagel and 4 crackers and I can barely tolerate water. Coke has been my best friend today.. (though I've only had 2)

OAN: I discovered today that I can have up to 5 cans of coke a day. They recommend no more than 200mg of caffeine a day and each 12oz can is only 35mg... Woooooot!
OMG I can have Coke??? I hadgiven it up cold turkey haha

November 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I can only eat what sounds good or I can't even get it near my mouth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search