Am I the only one...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By Steph625

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
losing their patience with their other children? My poor dd gets so much grief these days.. Though she does have this little problem with not listening to me. But I feel so bad because I'm getting horrible migraines and I've been so nauseous and I just feel like I'm taking it out on her.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're definitely not the only one. Feeling sick and having to take care of other people can definitely shorten your fuse. A few times I've really taken stuff out on my daughter that she didn't really deserve - sure, she was being a little annoying or naughty or whatever at the time, but my reactions were out of proportion. At that point I just have to take a deep breath and try to start over. If I'm completely done with everything, I'll tell daddy he has to take over for a bit. Or if it's during the day when he's not home, I'll put on a movie for her, or just tell her to play quietly in her room for a bit because Mommy isn't feeling well. Sometimes you just have to take some time for yourself.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

November 20th, 2012, 01:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yea, I am the same way, my youngest has been screaming and holy cow its been difficult!

November 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Yea. I don't get on the floor anymore to play with him. But now that he is walking I am Always chasing him around the house.

November 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are not alone and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. My DD has been really naughty lately and my reactions have been crazy. I feel bad but my fuse is so short. Hopefully it change soon!

November 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I have good days with the kids then I have horrible days. Just tonight I got off work and the house was a wreck! I mean trash on the living room floor along with scissors, shoes and toys all over the place, dirty dishes in sink. I guess that's what I get from coming home earlier than expected. I was just irritated cuz I made sure the house was tidy before I left for work. Ugh! Ok...I feel better!
overlinmommy17 likes this.
November 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is my wild child. It takes the patience of a saint to deal with him sometimes...lately dad has been having to step in a lot. He says he can see it building up in me when I'm about to lose it and that's when he interferes. I'm so thankful for him because otherwise my poor son would be feeling a lot of my wrath lately.

I do feel terrible about not always feeling up to playing with my daughter lately. Luckily, since she is a bit older and she now knows about the pregnancy, she has been coming up with games and things that we can play laying down when I'm feeling sick. I freaking love how kind hearted that kid is.

November 20th, 2012, 10:46 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! My son is definitely hitting the "terrible two's" and has been throwing temper tantrums and screaming.

I have an extremely short fuse with him and his dad has had to help a lot or else I think he would end up with a "for free" sign attached to him! JUST KIDDING, lol.

But dad definitely has saved the day lately!

November 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
No, you're not the only one.. I have been on edge lately and I don't know why.. But it is probably bc I'm so tired aNd can barely eat..
November 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SO has been great with dd but he sometimes loses his patience too.. I want to say that he kind of has unrealistic expectations from a 3 year old.. I know she's a smart kid, but he doesn't seem to understand that there are some things that she just doesn't get yet. I hope he learns soon because I don't want to go through this in 3 1/2 years when we have another 3 year old..

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have very little patience lately too. I feel bad. DH has been pretty helpful when he can. He has taken over with the girls after meals and given them a movie to watch, doing baths, and putting them to bed so I can just calm down.
November 21st, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing okay. My first born is 11 and hes been really awesome helping me out around the house with chores. My younger son is 5 and he has quite the smart mouth on him for a 5 year old and hes testing his boundaries and learning hard lessons.

My DH has been amazing (he has been in the past pregnancies too), and I am a very lucky woman.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search