Soooo Stressed!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon
  • 2 Post By wanttobeinvienna
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So DH was given a few days off for the holidays which was nice so he could help me with turkey day prep. Well the company he works for called today and and laid him off. It was a temp agency so no unemployment or anything. He does have a new job lined up but that doesnt start for another month and so the way the pay periods on that job will line up means no paychecks til after xmas. So that means my pile of bills will stack up higher. God forbid i hope the gas and electric dont get shut off. This also means my 2 year old will get nothing for xmas. Not even from grandparents...my mom is jobless and in debt. My dad is cheap and doesnt believe kids need toys for xmas. Hes always been a scrooge. I feel like crying so bad but im trying not to cry to upset DH because he takes his role as provider very seriously and this is hurting him. I am so mad at this company to do this before thanksgiving with xmas around the corner

November 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, I am so sorry. My DH was laid off just before Christmas 2 years ago, which made that Christmas rough. I know how hard it is. I hope he finds a new job soon.
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 21st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
how crappy! There are lots of places in Minneapolis that will help you with kids gifts I believe you may need to sign up. I don't live there anymore so I don't have contact info but ask around. I know it is not the same feeling as shopping yourself but hopefully will still bring you joy. Also another idea if your DD has toys she has not played with in a long time rewrap them. The beauty of that age is she won't remember this Christmas next year and kids really just like to upwrap and play with the box
I hope things start looking up for you soon!
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so so sorry, that is horrible. I will be thinking about you guys. I agree that you should seek help so you can enjoy the holiday a little and take some stress off.
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Apply for Toys for Tots. It is really difficult. I am so sorry for you. I've been there. It is really hard. I don't think they are allowed to turn off your heat in the winter months? Not legally...
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
Apply for Toys for Tots. It is really difficult. I am so sorry for you. I've been there. It is really hard. I don't think they are allowed to turn off your heat in the winter months? Not legally...
They can shut it off if its above a certain temp. And its been warm...today was 61. Warm for Minnesota!

November 21st, 2012, 04:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Be sure to look into the EAP (Energy Assistance Program). It is federally funded, so I know that they offer it in your state, but that will help cover most the cost of your utilities. And like some of the other ladies said, be sure to look into Toys for Tots or the Sub for Santa programs in your area.

I am so sorry to hear you are going through so much and at the worst possible time of the year!
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my Im so sorry thats awful. Big hugs
MamaSkunk likes this.
November 21st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the support and advice. I did sign up for toys for tots. Although it still stings not being able to get the things for her that she wanted. Its just a completely awful feeling and me being emotional from these hormones right now makes it worse of course.

November 21st, 2012, 06:24 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
*hugs and prayers*

Last year, my husband walked out the door, leaving the kids and I with a giant house, a giant car and giant bills. My job required travelling all over the US, and suddenly I had NO one to help with the kids while I was out of town, and I had to quit. It was shocking and devestating. I kept my heater off, only had lights when absolutely necessary. I still don't know how we made it through, and it definitely was with some bumps and bruises, especially to my credit.

And I felt destitute, and more lost than ever. Point is, I totally understand, and I think a lot of us do.

We have a nation that over-values pride, and sees accepting assistance as a weakness. I know I struggled with it. Thing is- it takes a village to raise a child, and there are many times you have been an angel to those around you, without a doubt.

So- search out assistance. From a faith group, local non-profits, or from friends. There is support out there. Accept it graciously, and enjoy the holidays.

Angels and miracles come from out of the blue all the time.
MamaSkunk and crawmommy like this.

November 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks Melissa
wanttobeinvienna likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search