12w4d period like cramps?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
First time mommy :)
I woke up this morning and didn't feel anything. Then over the last hour I have gotten cramps that feels like my period. Very mild but I really don't like the way they feel. I associate period cramps with bleeding so I'm just worried. I didn't think I would feel them being this far along. Anybody have anything similar? I have no bleeding but I'm still worried. I have also been having a backache on and off that also feels like what I get when I'm on my period. I'm worried to death about miscarriage, so much so that I can't even enjoy being pregnant.
November 22nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're so worried. I wouldn't worry about cramps too much, unless they are severe. Cramping can be fairly normal in pregnancy, you can be especially more aware of cramping if you've had a baby before. I say if you're not bleeding, don't worry yet.
November 22nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You can get cramping easily from dehydration and overdoing it. Try drinking a big glass of water and then lying down on your side for half an hour and see if it helps.

If you still have bad cramps after doing that, I recommend calling your doctor and telling them what is going on. They might want you to come in. Probably as far along as you are, something like a UTI or bad constipation is more likely than a m/c. But I definitely understand being worried. Hugs!!! KUP and hope the water and lying down helps!

November 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had so many cramps when I was pregnant with DD I was POSITIVE something was wrong. But it was just stretching. You say your cramps are mild, and being 12 weeks your uterus is really starting to get larger now. I've been having cramps on an off the past couple of days and my back has hurt constantly for the past 4 weeks. If your not having any bleeding and the cramps aren't that bad i'd chalk it up to just one of the joys of being pregnant

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Last edited by Kalynas_Mom; November 23rd, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
November 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Growing pains! Unless the cramps gets so bad that you can't walk or if you have ANY signs of bleeding just take some mild pain medication, drink some water, and go back to bed

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search