Anyone do any Black Friday shopping?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't really.... well.. I got some good deals online through Bestbuy for movies. Can't beat $1.99, right?

But other than that, my usual yearly routine was in effect:

Me at 8PM: "I am TOTALLY getting up and going shopping in the morning!"
Me at 4AM: "Uh, I will try and go NEXT year..zzzzz..." lol

November 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We went to toys r us got there at 7pm one of the first 200 in line and got an awesome gift bag. We scored 13 gifts for 120 bucks! Can't beat that!
wanttobeinvienna likes this.

November 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We did. My mom and DH went to sears for the 8pm sale and we got a new fridge (thanks mom) and a new microwave. Now at least our kitchen will be somewhat put together. Then DH and I got back up at 3:15 and went back to sears for the 4am sale to get our new christmas tree. We looked around at target and walmart and I got a firepit and DH got some tools but we didn't find anything for SS besides a couple of movies. All he said he wanted was legos and we didn't find any good deals on the ones he wants. Then we get home and he see a comerical for some micro race track thing and annouces that he wants it and I had just left walmart where it was on sale. :/ Oh well. Hopefully we can find some good deals on legos at some point.
November 23rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Regular
I got to Toys r us around 9:30 (later than I wanted because we got home late from visiting family) but I still got what I wanted. Left there at 11:30 just in time to meet my sister and friends at Kohl's for their midnight opening and then to Target. I was DONE after Target, so I got home at 2:00am and then woke up at 8:00 and went back out to the mall and a couple of other stores.

All in all I did well, but missed shopping in pairs (dh usually goes with but we did not have a sitter) as it is just easier when you can double team things.

We actually got our best deals at 5:30a, Thanksgiving morning online through Bestbuy though. We knew we had no chance getting what we wanted in that line, so we checked online and actually got the two things that we needed CHEAPER than their black Friday prices.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
November 23rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My MIL had my girls so DH and I went to Walmart last night with friends. We got some good deals on DVDs and kids pjs. Then we headed to Toys R Us. We picked up a couple things there too. DH wanted to go to Best Buy at midnight but we had some time to kill. We ended up having another meal at 11:30pm before heading to Best Buy. Our store was at capacity so the line to get in was long. We found some cheap DVDs but the checkout line was ridiculous. We ended up leaving without getting anything because I was so tired. It was 2am when we got home. I didn't end up going out today
November 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
Just went to wal mart last night at 8 and got a great deal on a Wii and a game my son wanted. Oh, and a few movies. Online I ordered my daughter the American Girl doll she wants and my son soccer goals he wanted. I did hit the mall this afternoon, but didn't find much at all!

November 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went to Ikea first even though it didn't really have much on sale. I love their wooden toys and wanted something different for my son. I also got my niece her b-day/christmas gift:

IKEA:
Son:
*Magnet block truck
*Plush farmyard with animals
*Additional animals/stock for farmyard
*Play carpet with road tracks and things (for all the cars and trucks I know he will be getting for Christmas from grandparents)
*Roll of paper with holder for the coffee table so he can color all willy nilly
*Stuffed carrot. Funny story about this. A month or so ago i went scouting and decided that i wanted to get my son a doll, preferably multi-cultural. He loved the African American doll the most and was laughing and clapping over it. So today when we went to get it I held it up and he instantly began to cry. We showed him the Asian one and he put his hands over his face in fear. We showed him the Caucasian one and he glared angrily at it. DH decided to be funny and just grabbed dolls at random to see Alex's reaction and happened to grab the carrot. Alex went NUTS over the carrot and ever since has been hugging it and kissing it, lol.

For my niece:
*The same farmyard plus the additional pack of animals/stock
*A big box of chalk for her new chalkboard at home

$84. Not the best of deals but not too shabby.

MENARDS:
*New bathroom faucet for our bathroom we're remodeling

$15

JOANN FABRICS:
*9 square yards of various materials to make a winter poncho for my son so that we can put his car seat harness on him underneath the material and make his seat that much more safe. Plus sew on buttons to make it more snug around his arms and neck for play.
*6 large bundles of yarn for knitting a shawl for my MIL

$26 This was 50% off

And my pride and joy KOHL'S:

They do this thing where if you purchased items prior to Black Friday if you bring in your receipt on Black Friday they will cancel all charges and then "repurchase" the items so that you can get all the deals and discounts.

*Play kitchen- Original price $129, prior sale $89, Black Friday sale $59
*Play tent/tunnel- Original price $29, prior sale $19, Black Friday sale $14
*Electric Skillet- Original price $39, Black Friday sale $19 (additional mail-in rebate for another $10 off so my total will be $9).

Take off $30 Kohl's cash I had and 15% off and I saved a pretty tidy bundle

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Last edited by MerinSun; November 23rd, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: forgot about the yarn!
November 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My man did some movie shopping at Walmart last night and today I went to.Walmart late afternoon and snagged 3 pajama sets and a pair of pajama pants for Aidan as well as went to target to get him some more jeans.

November 24th, 2012, 03:54 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
went to walmart, got a new tv, pjs, slippers, skinny jeans, Elmo who plays the drums and movies
target got Brave, me a new sweater jacket my office gets really cold, mustache shirt for Nolan and a hat.

Went to Pennys, more skinny jeans, pair of pajamas for Nolan, and a shirt for Kaytie.
Zummies, got my daughter her skateboard she has been asking for.
Dillards Nolan got Yo Gabba Gabba pjs and a backpack.
Vision works new glasses for me

We still need a big gift for Nolan and Kaytie, and some other odds n ends.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search