Maternity Clothes Shopping

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
OK- so it seems that in the past 10 years since I have last been pregnant, maternity clothes haven't gotten much better

So, my choices are slutty pregnant girl, matronly pregnant woman, pregnant southern belle or fashion-less pregnant mama. Isn't there something in the middle???

Tomorrow night I am taking SO to see his favorite band, and clothes just aren't working anymore, so I decided to bite the bullet and find something fun and maternity... BIG BUST!!!

Old Navy was terrible, Gap was upsetting, Destination Maternity was absurd, Target had 3 racks of clothes... just insane! I found a great pair of skinny maternity jeans at H&M, but no good shirt, luckily, I can go with a regular shirt still.

So, where have you found luck for fun, somewhat in style maternity clothes??

November 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I found some good deals on jeans and a few sweaters at Macys in their motherhood section my sister looked at their outlet though and said there was nothing that was worth it.
November 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I make most of my clothes, so I don't know how helpful this will be. I discovered that if I wear knit tops, I can just lengthen them and they will work as both maternity shirts and regular shirts afterwards. Maybe you can find some tunic length knit tops?
November 23rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maternity clothing is SOOO expensive and the materials are pretty cheap. I try to purchase shirts that I know I can nurse out of later so that I can get the most use out of them.

Are you handy with a needle? You can purchase plus sized shirts and then either sew on a sash to tighten it around your belly (so you're not swimming in it) or to just take in the material a bit. You can also use a stretch belt to buckle underneath your belly with larger shirts. Like a plaid shirt with a lacy cami underneath and a belt or sash around it would look nice with your skinny jeans.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

November 24th, 2012, 10:18 AM
After shopping around, I finally found trendy maternity clothes at Sear's. Not only were they fashionable but they always have sales. The pants were originally sixty dollars but they were half off, making them thirty and on top of that for every two items you buy you received the third for free. I was able to purchase three pairs of very cute cute pants for sixty dollars averaging out to twenty dollars a piece, cheaper then walmart! I also went back and purchased three tops that were originally fifty dollars a piece and the tops had the same sale as the pants so I purchased three tops for fifty dollars, averaging to about seventeen dollars a piece (not perfect math but close to), again, cheaper then walmart!
November 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I am due June 24, 2012 btw. Boston Store had some cute maternity clothes and they are constantly having sales.
November 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
The majority of my maternity clothes from Connor were from Kohls, Sears, and Motherhood Maternity. I found the few things I got from Old Navy were poor quality/thin materials, and usually didn't fit well.

November 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This time around I imagine my wardrobe will be plain maternity tees with cute scarves and accessories... I got a pair of skinny maternity jeans at old navy that I think are cute!
November 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
At least you have an H&M. My choices are limited and I'm almost 6 feet tall so long pants are nearly impossible to find without spending a fortune. With my first pregnancy, I spent $200 for a pair of maternity jeans because they were the only ones long enough that didn't look like I was carrying a load in my butt. I'm now several sizes smaller so I'll be weeding through my skinny sister's maternity clothes and hoping for the best at the Motherhood outlet near me
November 24th, 2012, 02:33 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you have any consignment stores? I found to a of adorable stuff at ours.

November 24th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loft. But wait for sales! They have 40% -50% off pretty often.
November 24th, 2012, 02:51 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
modcloth.com and asos.com both have cute stuff. Modcloth doesn't have maternity, but they do have lots of tunics and high-waisted dresses that will work. When the weather gets warm and I'm huge I plan on wearing lots of elastic waist, full skirts over the belly.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 25th, 2012, 06:12 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Come over to Winston Salem, Courtney! We recently got an H&M at the Hanes Mall!

November 25th, 2012, 06:26 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I'm plus size to begin with so I can't find anything. I'm going to have to order stuff online and hope for the best I guess

November 25th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Last time I stocked up at secondhand stores (our local used childrens stuff stores here generally have a maternity rack), some Old Navy... though I agree it isn't the greatest quality, but my favorite bottoms in the late third tri were some super stretchy knit gauchos (long shorts) that were oh so comfy and lightweight for summer. And then my nicest stuff came from Kohls. I had some nice skinny black pants and a few nice tops from Kohls. I also had a few things from Motherhood but between them wanting all my info to sell to marketers and what the quality was for the price, I will not be shopping there again!

Oh and I got a few nice sweaters and tops as hand me downs from a friend with a baby... that was nice!

Since I am due in June again and I still have all my old maternity stuff, I doubt I will buy much more...

November 25th, 2012, 11:36 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I do need to start hitting the consignment stores! I wish we had the same stuff at our Sears... but all of it was very... matronly! I still want to feel somewhat attractive pregnant! If I ever tell anyone I am pregnant, I could score on some hand-me-downs, but I still haven't told anyone!
Thanks for the suggestions!

November 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually found some cute skinny jeans from Gap today, and they had a crazy sale this weekend so they were 60% off! I was getting desperate because my regular jeans are starting to actually hurt, lol.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

November 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am plus size with big bbs even when im not preg. So clothes shopping is challenging in the best of times. With DD i lived in empire waist sundresses but with her i was big during the summer and fall was warm and it didnt get cold til she was born lol. I did see that sears where i live had a cute selection of maternity shirts and dresses and had plus sizes too.
dmreed32 likes this.

November 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the tip. I will have to check Sears out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search