UPDATED: Tried my doppler today...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was not baby afterall. Pretty sure it was an artery. Definitely found baby's heartbeat this morning!!! It was a little higher up than I was trying yesterday. It was in the 160s.

Yesterday's post:
It arrived in the mail today and I couldn't wait to try it out. I'm 10 weeks today and it was definitely not easy to find. At first my heartbeat was all I could hear. I finally got it to register in the 140s. We could still hear my heartbeat louder than baby's, but were pretty sure we could hear about 2 soft beats with every one of mine. It would go away after a few seconds though. Anyone else still hear your own heart beat at the same time as baby's?

Last edited by Hopeful2BMommy; November 24th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
November 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I don't think i have at the same time yet. I definitely heard mine the most, tho. The baby sounds more like a horse gallop to me.
November 24th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Super Mommy
Yup! I can still find mine MUCH easier then the babys but once you find it you will know because its super fast (like a galloping horse). Once I find the babys heartbeat I can still hear mine in the background
November 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I packed my doppler I had with my son away a while ago as I wasnt expecting to be pregnant before we moved but its hard to find babys heartbeat a lot and I use to get mine all the time. Babys is much faster though and sounds like hoofbeats. Anything in the high hundreds is baby anything in the low range is yours.
November 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Updated post
November 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yay glad you found it!

November 24th, 2012, 06:24 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I swear the placenta must be in the front for me, because I hear me ALL the time. I did finally find the baby but it was really faint. Running in 160's. My heartrate runs in the 100's so that makes it even harder. It does get easier, the further along you are.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far I haven't been able to find the baby, I don't think. I know that it might still be too early. I got mine in the mail last week and tried it as soon as I got it, of course. I couldn't even find my heartbeat down there anywhere, I didn't hear anything. Last night I found something, but I'm not sure if it's me or the baby. Do we have one or two arteries down there? If just one, which side is it supposed to be on? What I can hear is all the way to the right side and pretty low. It's really loud right there. I don't know if it's fast enough the be the baby though. But last night I found it and then I couldn't find it again for a while and when I did, it was much softer, so I wasn't sure if it was the baby and it moved? Today it took me 2 tries to find it and when I finally did, it was strong again and in the same place. So, I don't know! I have an appt next monday and the dr said we would try to hear the heartbeat, so I guess I just have to wait and see where they find it and what it sounds like so I can compare to what I found/heard! I want to hear it!!!
November 25th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I found something on the far right and left side that was not baby. It registered in the 120s but didn't sound like what baby's heart should sound like. I watched a youtube video that explains the different sounds you will find.
November 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mommy to Be
I just ordered mine the other day, I cannot wait to use it. I feel like it will put my mind at such ease just being able to hear it whenever I want to

November 26th, 2012, 01:04 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I wasn't able to find it myself, although I was mostly concentrating on the left side. My midwife found it this afternoon on the far, low, right! I'm going to try to find it myself again later this week now that I know where to look!

November 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I had this problem the first time, too. To each side there is an artery that sounds more "woosh-like", and I've always found baby a little toward the left and it sounds more thump-like, lol, if that makes any sense.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search