Who still hasn't told?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
When do you plan to?

I'm trying to talk dh into telling the kids for Christmas. I'll be 15wks. I'm not sure when we'll tell extended family.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Most know I'm pregnant... Very few know it's twins. I'm just so nervous about it I haven't told yet. I don't understand how other multiple mom can be so confident so early. Maybe after another ultrasound or around Christmas when I'm in my second trimester. I can't imagine how my son will react. Hr will probably say he only ordered one haha

November 24th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, I dont see how a first time mom pregnant with only one child can tell ppl within the first trimester. Im 16 weeks along already and im still scared of a miscarriage. I keep pushing the annoucement till after my next apointment on december 3rd.
I guess some feel so confident and overly excited, so its easy for them to say.. Kinda wish I was like that.
November 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm scared to tell people, but at the same time I'm so excited about it and just want everyone to know so that I can talk about it! We told our families within a week or so of finding out. Just our parents and my siblings bc they were with my parents when I told them. Most of my family lives in Texas and we live in Tennessee, but they were all going to be in Alabama (which happened to be the weekend of the week I found out), so I went ahead and told them so I could tell them in person instead of over the phone. We told his parents the following week. And told his siblings a few weeks later after our first doctors appointment. We've told our closest friends and I ended up telling the people who come to my Zumba class after my first appointment as well, because it was starting to be hard for me and I wanted to be honest with them as to why I wasn't giving my all. We haven't made the big announcement to everyone else yet (i.e. Facebook), but we are planning to do that after our next appointment on Dec 3rd. I feel like so many people know at this point that I don't want someone else to ruin that for me. So, hopefully we can make it another week without someone spilling the beans on Facebook!

I think that as a first time mom and this being my first time pregnant, I'm just so excited that I can't imagine going 12 or 13 weeks (or more) without having told anyone. Or at least our family and close friends. That's just such a long time to keep such a happy and exciting secret quiet! I realize that I would probably feel differently if it wasn't my first pregnancy or if I had experienced a loss before or something. But, I'm trying really hard not to worry myself over what could go wrong and to just enjoy it (which is hard with being sick!). I realize if something were to happen then I would have to tell all those people, but I feel like I would rather be able to go through that with my family and my friends than by myself anyway.
November 25th, 2012, 01:54 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I have told a few people in my family. I have not told my aunt or my grandpa yet, I'm sure heads will roll lol. A few friends know, my work knows.. Oh and my beautiful daughters know

I'm waiting to get his shirt done, then I will announce it

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

November 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just told our families on Thanksgiving. They were very excited. I haven't told my work or facebook yet, probably not until closer to Christmas.

November 25th, 2012, 06:14 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We haven't told the world yet, just family and a few close friends. I FINALLY have my first exam appointment tomorrow afternoon, and as long as all is well, then we'll finally announce to the world!

November 25th, 2012, 06:27 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've only told one person.. which is one of our close friends.. but still none of the family.. I know since we have an almost 9 month old, we'll be getting some smarta$$ remarks and also since it being #4...altho most my fam knows Ive always wanted a big family.. they still have something to say.. The thing that makes me so mad is we always have our kids never do we ask for anyone to keep them or try to pawn them off on neone so I dont understand why people have such rude thngs to say when we are very good parents and our children are our #1 priority and always have been! So needless to say Im not to excited to tell anyone...

November 25th, 2012, 06:38 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
We haven't told anyone besides my work to find out about maternity leave- which I get NONE!
I am not eager to tell anyone, but am really showing, so it's time, I can't hide it anymore!
briellelynette and D&K's_mama like this.

November 25th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I told my side of the family, because they are kind, warm and supportive. DH's family are rather cold.

Because of financial concerns, we almost didn't keep the pregnancy, but after alot of tears and struggles, we are just going to buckle down and do it. We had a 5 year plan to buy our own house instead of rent, and an unexpected baby throws a wrench into these plans.

DH's father recently helped us with a few bills we were struggling with, so im sure he is going to be super judgey.

It doesn't really bother me, because I've reached the mindset that people can hop on board or get run over. My husband on the other hand....he will take all the down-talking to heart

November 25th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Super Mommy
I'm a little nervous to tell my whole family. My step mom and and my siblings all know, my DH's family knows. I just don't know about what my extended family will say, they're all very kind and we all love each despite our differences. But this is our third, and we're still very young and DH hasn't gone back to work yet, but hopefully will in another month or so. He's in school full-time, we own our house outright, never have to borrow money from people and we rarely ask for help with our boys. I just feel like they might give us some flak about the baby, just because, but I really have no idea of knowing. I'm thinking we may tell them on Christmas at my grandparents house. I'll be about 14 weeks by then, and I start showing pretty early, so I want to let the cat out of the bag before it'll be obvious to everyone. We'll see how it goes.
November 25th, 2012, 07:07 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Currently my work knows, my mom, dad, stepdad, and my best friend. I'll be making the announcement (assuming my first trimester ultrasound goes well tomorrow) on Dec 16th at my family's Christmas party. I didn't want to tell anyone except those listed before my first trimester was up because this is my first pregnancy. I told my mom that I could wait even longer, but the Christmas party is the next big family event, and the last one for a while. I'd rather just tell everyone in the same place. I'm very excited, but very nervous at the same time. I guess we'll see how it goes.

November 25th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have told a couple of friends and my parents because they live a few blocks away and I have been really sick and exhausted. We will be ready to make a more general announcement after my 12 week appt if we hear the heartbeat then (Dec 7). We will probably announce to DH's family when we are there in person for xmas. I probably won't announce on my blog or tell farflung friends until we learn the sex though.

November 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told our families at Thanksgiving and a few close friends of mine know too but I wont share with the majority (ie Facebook) until after 12-13 weeks at least. Oh and forum people know as Im a frequent forum user of multiple forums.
November 25th, 2012, 10:55 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We just told our immediate family at Thanksgiving, and a few close friends also know. I haven't told work, extended family, or other friends. I am waiting to hear a heartbeat first, which will hopefully be Tuesday. I will still put off telling work a few more weeks. I'm not really showing yet and I just don't want to talk about the fact that I don't get any maternity leave. I'd like to sit down with DH and come up with a plan for me to stay home again before telling work.
November 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We still have not told anyone except MIL, SIL, and my mum and sister. We're just going to let people figure it out on their own.
November 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
A few people know now, but I still haven't told my mom or anybody at work. I'll be talking to mom soon, but haven't decided when to tell at work.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 25th, 2012, 01:16 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive told all of my family but none of DHs family yet. But my family is pretty supportive. Id rather tell them though cuz I know i will have their prayers and support. My mom is praying like crazy til i reach my 2nd trimester. And each week my moms been my cheerleader...ie..6 weeks..7..8..9 10!! And i feel so much better not having the secret. We havent told DHs family because they arent as supportive and are a bit of a pain in the behind! Lol

November 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
no maternity leave? have you been at your job over a year? scared to look into this now. havent told anyone yet, enjoying this time to myself with my DB and our little bun.
November 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I don't get any maternity leave either, I will have been at my job 19 months when I deliver-- it has left me absolutely LIVID!! The joys of non-profit work :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search