Just Heartbroken

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very sorry, that was incredibly cruel of her. I would definitely be setting some boundaries because you do not need a toxic person like that involved with your family.
rcjh12 likes this.

November 26th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Super Mommy
I am so very sorry, my heart aches for you and your SO. Unfortunately those personality types do exist and there's nothing we can do about it. That baby will feel your family's love for it, and that's all that really matters.
November 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Rochelle
I'm really sorry you're going through this. I hope that you and your SO can work things out and he can become more courageous towards his mom. I know mom's can be very controlling. She seems like an awful person. You are in my thoughts. ((hugs))
November 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying for you. Don't let anyone steal your joy. This is your baby! Your kids will love him/her. That I can almost promise. The rest can lump it.
November 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Wow. That is ridiculous. I'm sorry that you are going through this!

November 26th, 2012, 10:14 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone, it's been a roller coaster, that's for sure. There are many days I just feeling like blocking the world out. It's putting a tremendous strain on my relationship, and all in all I just feel like I am on this island, the only one happy about this new joy entering into the world.
Now the anxiety of his ex wife finding out and the strain that will cause, mixed with my ex-husband, since of course, they are both the co-parents of our children is overwhelming. Then I think about telling my mom, and I feel like an 18 year old school girl. I just pray that one of these people will turn to us and say congratulations.
The strain with his mom has sent him back into the spiral of despair and I am just over it. I am almost 14 weeks pregnant, and as selfish as it might be of me to say... 100% of this pregnancy up to this point has been about him, his fears, and the people in his life. I think I am ready to start being able to be a pregnant woman and maybe have somebody think about how I am feeling right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww you are soooo right Melissa. Someone...preferably him needs to focus on how your feeling and how your hanging in there not only physically but emotionally. You are the pregnant one...the focus needs to be on you. Not on him and his family and ex drama. And youve been doing so much trying to make it work in your relationship. Sounds like your doing all the work in the relationship and he isnt meeting you halfway cuz hes more concerned with others views and opinions. Boy hun if I were you i think id start yelling at him and his mom and wouldnt stop til someone pulls their head outta their behind!

November 26th, 2012, 11:53 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Not selfish at all. His mother or not, you do not need to have someone like that in your life. I can't tell you how long, and how much crap I had to go through, before I finally realized that I didn't HAVE to take that sort of behavior.

I really do hope you can find peace and get a chance to truly enjoy this pregnancy. You deserve that!
November 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I can't believe your SO's mother...what kind of person says that? Thoughts and prayers, mama.
November 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are DEFINITELY not being selfish. His MOTHER is the selfish one. Good for you for looking out for the best interest of your health and that of your unborn child.

November 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I feel so incredibly angry for you. What a hard and heartless thing to say. The only good news is that you can only control the things you can control and f* the rest of it. You'll have enough on your hands making a blended family work, so she can get on board or get out of the way. Time to dust off the old rule: if you cant say anything nice, say nothing at all. If you cant be supportive and helpful, please dont call or visit until you can be.

YOU still get to be the people who create a circle of love around this child, with her or without her. The world is full of supportive people who can play a role in a child's life. I never knew any of my grandfathers, but my elderly neighbors across the street were my surrogate grandparents, and I loved them so much that my son's middle name is named for him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search