Anyone else NOT getting the NT scan?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2012, 04:23 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
With my previous two pregnancies, I didn't do the NT scan, so, I also didn't with this one. Anyone else? (although, I'm kinda kicking myself, just for the fact that I could have had another ultrasound! Dangit!)
November 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not getting the NT scan. DH and I saw it from a financial standpoint, and figured it wasn't going to make a difference either way about our feelings for the baby, so we didn't want to spend the money on another test.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
November 26th, 2012, 05:15 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only reasons I'm getting one (today, actually!) is because the baby's dad's aunt has down syndrome. Being a first time mom, I also really wanted to see the baby before 20 weeks. It's still not real to me yet, I guess! But I know plenty of the ladies in this DDC are not getting the NT scan and will only be getting the 20 week scan.

November 26th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I'm not getting it done. Our insurance doesn't cover the blood test.

November 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't be getting it done strictly because it won't change my feelings about this baby.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 26th, 2012, 06:29 AM
My feelings were always the same about not doing it because it won't make a difference in my feelings for the baby. I do understand why people get it though, for reassurance, for the fact that if something were wrong, it would give you time to adjust and prepare. Now that I'm older, and for the fact that my husbands uncle and cousin both have down syndrome, and I'm 31, I'm wondering if I didn't make a mistake. Oh well! lol. Either way, I'm having this baby!
November 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We are not having it done. It won't change my feelings and it was never offered in my previous pregnancies just my home birth.

November 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We've opted out in the past, and this time as well.
November 26th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I'm really glad I'm not the only one! In my past pregnancies, I don't remember so many people doing it. I felt a little guilty for not doing so this time. Glad I'm not alone in not getting it done!
November 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I opted out because I am not impressed by the whole stats for the quad screen tests. They have really high false negatives and false positives IMO. Plus the NT scan is for skeletal stuff so the baby looks like a horror movie lol... when I am old enough I will probably opt for an amnio but for now, no quad screen for me.

November 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I opted to do it, and ended up with results that indicated chromosomal abnormalities (see my earlier post). Although I am scared, I am glad that I have the information. That being said, I am older (36), and did not have the test with my first 2 babies.
It's such a personal decision, and the most important thing is that you are happy with your decisions! You're a good mama- you know what the right decision is!!

November 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not do it with my 1st I just didnt want to be freaked out if something came back not ok. I told my Dr. this time I didn't care to have it because it is not going go change my decision but my Dr. Really wants me to do it because I'm having twins. I think I am going to 1st check to see if my insurance even covers it but also ask I'd he plans to still do u/s if I opt out of the scan.

November 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Veteran
I'm not doing it. My insurance doesn't cover it, and even if it did it wouldn't change the way I feel about my baby if something came back not alright. My midwife on the other hand, feels I should do it since my cousin has down syndrome, but last time I checked, that wasn't hereditary, and my aunt had my cousin past the age of 35...A lot of my friends opted out of the test as well, and the one that did end up doing it had a false result that caused her tons of worry for no reason.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search