How were you born?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wanttobeinvienna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2012, 10:43 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How was your moms labor with you? Do you think you will be similar?

November 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom was in labor for 8 hours with me, she pushed for 3 hours, and then she hemorrhaged and then almost bled out. I REALLY, REALLY hope my labor goes differently, as DH and I are already terrified of that part. Her labors with my sisters were cake walks though.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
November 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was my moms first...she was in labor 6 hours....only 2 hours of that was in the hospital. She had a natural birth. She pushed 3 times and I was out. With DD i was in labor 24 hours but my water broke before any contractions started. I did also only push three times for a total of five minutes with DD tho (so we have proven to be quick pushers lol) I will be happy as long as this one is less than 24 hours cuz that was killer!

November 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
With me, my mom was in labor for 2 hours. With my sister, 3 hours. Both times when she got to the hospital, it was too late for an epidural. :/

Hopefully this time around, I'm lucky to go that quick! Although, I want time for my good friend epidural.
November 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My mom had fast labors with all three of us, and so far neither of my first two have been anything like hers =\ I did inherit the big baby gene, though, as both my first two were over 8 lbs.
November 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My mom had fast labors with both my sister and I. I was her first and her total labor was an hour and 40 minutes. My sister was 45 minutes she was born in the hospital hallway. I have followed her pattern with all but my first. My first I was partially induced for pih. His labor was 12 hours. Katelynns was 4 hours but only intense for an hour or so. Everett was a little over an hour.

November 26th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom was in labor with me for almost 72 hours before I became distressed and she had an old fashioned C section.

November 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mommy to Be
My mom told me I shot out like a football, my dad almost missed my birth filling out paperwork when my mom got to the hospital

November 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
head to foot in one shot, dr caught my like a football.. dunno exactly how long labor was though.. my dd was NOTHING like this. I had to be induced

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Rochelle
I was a footling breech ERCS. They didn't know I was breech. The exact same thing happened with my first, my DD1. I was doing a homebirth and things weren't progressing and there was meconium in the water so I went to the ER and u/s showed she was breech and had to get a ERCS.

DS and DD2 were headdown but failed VBAC for failed to progress and suspected deformed pelvis.

I'm getting the c/s this time with possibly a trial of labor so baby can pick their bday.
November 26th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im the second born, I don't know how long my mom was in labor for but I know it wasn't long, she had me as soon the doctors laid her on the hospital bed, my head was right there and she only pushed like twice, of course she didn't get an epidural so she had me natural. I had a similar experience when I had DS, I was 10 cm dilated when I got to the hospital, didn't have time for an epidural they did had to brake my water and I pushed for like 15-20 minutes and my son was born. I spent all of my labor at home because I'm really good with pain and didn't think I was actually that far in to labor, this time around ill make sure ill get to the hospital earlier lol!

November 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I was number 5 so they knew how things would go. My mom was induced so they would be sure my dad was there (worked railroad) and she didn't have me at home. By the time she would start to dilate, baby would be there. I'm the exact same way. Almost had one in the hall and one I had by myself.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I was born natural (as was my brother), however they had to use forceps to pull me out! Connor was a c-section after almost 48 hours of labor, my original plan was to go natural, and I'm hoping that is the case this time around, we're definitely trying again!

November 26th, 2012, 04:27 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I was brought by the stork. My parents never did the deed to conceive me. My mom never went through labor with me.
Much like Dumbo came to Mrs. Jumbo, I was dropped off in my parents loving arms.

At least that is the truth I can handle
MamaSkunk and crawmommy like this.

November 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um. Well, my mom is missing a pelvic bone that allows a woman to dilate. She never felt contractions or anything like that. Thankfully they had found this out with my older sister. Unfortunately, my mom went to the hospital 7 days in a row and told them she was in labor (she could feel some pressure, but no pain) before they finally looked at me and said I was in serious distress. They rushed her off for an emergency c-section. It's such a weird thing and I highly doubt I'll have any of her trouble.

November 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was a C-section because I was breech. My mom went in to the Dr for a checkup and they saw I was still small so the Dr assumed I would go late and told her she had a few more weeks probably. Lo and behold I came a few days later 6 days before my due date and the Dr was on vacation. My parents got to the hospital and they said the baby is breech did you know that? I guess the Dr assumed I would turn before I was born. I ended up being a small baby anyway, 5 lbs 8 ozs.
November 26th, 2012, 06:47 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom was in labor with me for almost 24 hours. I'm not sure if she had an epidural or not. I do know her labors all got shorter and shorter but I don't know all the details because I was only present for a few of them.

November 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I was a pretty quick labor. My mom said she went to the hospital in the morning but the nurses didn't think it was active labor. They gave her pitocin without an epidural (apparently in 1982 here, natural was the way to go) expecting it to take awhile. By dinner time my mom said she was pushing but they didn't believe her. Sure enough I was about ready to come out so they grabbed some random intern out of the hall. He put on gloves and caught me. I came so fast that I broke my collar bone.

It sounds like my second child. 90 minute labor start to finish. Didn't make it to my hospital and she came out so fast that there was no doctor in the room. The L&D nurse delivered her. Luckily no broken collar bone for her.

We'll see how this labor is.
November 27th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I text my mama to ask lol. She said I was 2 OR 3 weeks late, lots of back labor, they broke her water she was in labor natural for about 12 hours no drugs pushed for 25 minutes and got the cutest little monkey baby ever for her Birthday! I had so much hair all over and my head they called me monkey baby.

DD was 8 days late. Labor was about 12 hours start to finish pushed about 30 MIN just had nubain. She was 9 lbs and tons of hair. So a lot the same

November 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
My mum was in labor with me for 16 hours. Vaginal with no meds. I was in labor with dd for only 6 hours but I also went vaginal with no meds. Doing the same with this baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search