Tried to explain to my 4 yr old there is a baby in my belly

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
....and he cried because he thinks I ate a baby.
navywifey2003, CCR, rcjh12 and 3 others like this.

November 27th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
So adorable! I love such young innocence!
November 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dd has gone through this before with her dad's gf so she knew what I was talking about when we told her.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Awww! When I was pregnant last time, my niece (Steph625, it was Makaylah) thought that whenever I ate or drank something, the baby was getting covered in it. Hahaha! I had to explain that the baby was in a different place than my stomach/belly.
Steph625 likes this.

November 27th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, Through the eyes of a child! Sorry it wasn't the reaction you were hoping for. It's amazing the things they come up with. After we told My DD. She told me to open my mouth really far. She yelled into my mouth "HI BABY". Then asked if the baby heard her. It's so hard to explain things to them.
November 27th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Nattie84
This tickled me....LOL
November 27th, 2012, 09:13 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
lol mine is 2.5 and when I told him he just shakes his head up and down and says "Yea" like he knows!

November 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Rochelle
Too cute!
November 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love that. Haha.

I babysit 2 different sets of kids and when I told the little boys (5 & 6) they had a million questions. Every time I see them they want to know how big the baby is now. The 6 year old is very concerned that my baby is sad because it's in there all alone. He also told me that whoever guessed right about it being a boy or a girl got to keep it. Haha. He also asked me if my baby came from God and went into my mouth to get in my tummy. He thinks that the baby will come out of my mouth. He told me "when the baby comes out of your mouth, it's going to hurt!" Ha.

The little girls I babysit (3 & 6) didn't understand that it would be a while before I had it. I think they thought I would be bringing it with me the next time I came. I love kids reactions!
November 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Veteran
my 5 year old said, "are you joking me? Ok, that's cool" and ran off to play.

November 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My 4 year old was confused about how the baby got in there too lol but he's dying for the baby to be here already.

November 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Aww that's adorable!

November 27th, 2012, 12:49 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 2 year old points to my stomach and tells people that "her baby" is in mommy. Lol she told the doc n nurse yesterday that its "my baby" referring to herself lol

November 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! How cute. My 6 yr old keeps asking when he gets to see and hold baby.

November 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Super Mommy
Ha! That's actually really funny! It's so hard coming up with answers for the zillion questions my 5 year old has about the baby and pregnancy in general.
November 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ROFL!!!!

My 4 year old asks how they managed to get pictures of the baby when there's no hole in my belly. My 2.5 year old walks around, lifts his shirt, and says "There's a baby in there. Christian's baby in there."
November 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's adorable!

My 2 year old is completely clueless. I'm afraid this is going to be a big shocker for him.

My 5 year old has been through this before so she knows a lot already...unfortunately, she witnessed some puppies being born on her grandmas farm not too long ago and has been fascinated with the whole birthing process ever since. She has already asked me multiple times if the baby is going to come out of my privates just like puppies do. I'm not one to lie about things like that but it has opened the door for a whole mess of questions I wasn't prepared to answer yet

November 28th, 2012, 04:09 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was very concerned about my safety and what the doctors were going to do to me and how they were going to get the baby out and if it hurt, etc. She went with me to an appointment and saw how mice everyone was and heard the heartbeat so now she is more relaxed and excited about it.

November 28th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kids say the strangest things! Hopefully you can ease his fears
DD who will be 4 less than a month was telling people before I knew I was pregnant that she prayed really hard so god put 2 babies in my tummy. So when we gave her her big sis shirt she was jumping all over. She likes to talk to the babies & tickle and give them kisses. I showed her my baby app one time now she always wants to see how big the babies are . DD doesn't have a sense of time so she thinks they will get to come Hang out in few weeks. She does understand that mommy has to get help at the hospital to get the babies out...thank goodness she has not asked details bc I'm not ready to open that can of worms!

November 28th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I bring them to the births. It is great experience and learning. Use words like uterus and cervix and vagina often. Don't be afraid of them! Mine 10 yo delivered the last one.
ashleykathleen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search