Birth Control after baby

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I know this is a way off still but what are your plans for bc after the baby?

November 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got an IUD after dd was born, but I ended up getting it out 7 months later because I was having problems. I will probably do the pill after this baby.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a cooper IUD after DS was born had it in from march 2008 until August 2012 with no problems, took it out so we could conceive again which didnt take long, I plan on getting another IuD after this baby. Worked great for me.

November 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I plan on just going back on the pill after the baby is born.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
November 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not sure, I like the Paragard, but it did make my periods a lot heavier. We're tossing the idea around that DH might get a vasectomy, but we're still really unsure about it. Well, I am. He's 100% sure he wants one.
November 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking about the para guard. I hated the mirena. But we are a super fertile couple so I need something.

November 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
Abstinence?

November 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I had Implanon before this one. I liked it, all the pros of an IUD and none of the common drawbacks.

November 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be doing Paraguard. I, too, hated the Mirena.

November 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Probably just pull n pray we've never gotten pregnant without really trying for it, I am pretty aware of my fertile signs and DH is good at pulling out in time. Plus we do want more kids, so it wouldn't be a big deal to just go off schedule a bit!

In a different world... I hate hormonal BC, and if I really needed a reliable long term BC method I would probably do a copper IUD.
terese81 likes this.

November 27th, 2012, 03:19 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Breastfeeding has always kept me infertile for 15 to 20 months, and after that time if we need to TTA we will use Natural Family Planning (sympto-thermal method).

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Although I'm not crazy about doing something so permanent, we've talked about a tubal or vasectomy. Hormonal BC always messed with me so bad that we've just been using condoms for years. I'd be fine just going back to that, but DH HATES them lol
November 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
BC never worked great for me, been through various different ones. Tubal for me, vasectomy for the hubs. We are set with our twins and singleton.

November 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Unsure for now. I don't do hormonal birth control, it makes me crazy. I'm too afraid of the heavy period side effect of the copper IUD since I already have that normally. We'll probably go back to condoms until we decide for sure we're done and get DH the snip snip.
November 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just watching my fertile signs Im fairly regular so I can usually tell when its happening I can chart too to make doubly sure
CartersMommy likes this.
November 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since 9-10 women with placenta accreta end up needing a hysterectomy I imagine that birth control for me after this baby won't be necessary. But if God chooses a different route we will just be family planning- I have never been on birth control since being married it is just not right for our family.
November 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
After Connor I had an IUD (Mirena) and loved it. I'm not sure how soon after having this baby I will have another put in though, only because we may want to start TTC #3. We'll see, but because it took us almost a year to conceive this one, I may hold off on any type of BC right away. In the end, I'll definitely stick with the IUD though, it was awesome never having a period! lol

November 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably go back on the pill. It's worked great for me, and I was able to get pregnant the month after stopping it so that didn't seem to be a problem.
November 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hubby is getting snipped.
terese81 likes this.

November 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
Probably go back on the pill. It's worked great for me, and I was able to get pregnant the month after stopping it so that didn't seem to be a problem.
I just wanted to let you and maybe other moms who plan on breastfeeding that the full combo pill is not recommended. The estrogen usually dries up your milk and has other side effects to your milk. There are a few options that are recommended for bf moms they are the mirena IUD, the para Guard IUD, the mini pill (which is progesterone only pill), and the depo shot.Of course there are condoms, and other non hormal methods as well. Just some food for thought.
CartersMommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search