Crazy appointment!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
We had our first appointment yesterday. And, honestly, I'm not sure what to think.

As some of you might know from my earlier posts, my last couple pregnancies ended in miscarriage. And the last time I bled wasn't from AF, it was in September from a miscarriage. And, dating this pregnancy from that, I ought to be about 10 weeks along now.

Well, I went to see the midwife and she did a transvagional ultrasound to check things out. After looking around a bit even I could tell that the little bean looked way too little! And we didn't see any heartbeat.

She said that everything looked normal, for a 6 week pregnancy! And that judging by the size of the baby my due date should be July 19.

But inside I'm freaking out and trying to do the math. When did I get my BFP?! Is it even possible that I could be only 6 weeks along? Or could this baby have stopped growing?

I did wait longer than usual to take a HPT when I thought I might be pregnant, is it possible that I hadn't even missed a period yet though?

I don't know, I'm kinda going crazy over here. But we have another appointment in about a week, and hopefully we'll see a heartbeat then. If we do, I think I'll end up in the Due in July board.

November 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Try to keep calm til you figure stuff out. I know it is hard, but worrying never solved anything. You are in my prayers, chickie. You and your bean.

November 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
Hmm, is it possible that the pregnancy test you took was positive from the HCG left from the miscarriage? Maybe you are actually only 6 weeks along? I really hope so. When are they doing another ultrasound?
November 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah your hormones dont always go away right after a M/C. You could very well be only 6 weeks.

November 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like the others said it could be totally possible that your positive was from the miscarriage. It took about 5 weeks for all the hormones to be out of my system when I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I hope next week you get to see that little heart beating away.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
November 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry, I can see why you are confused. I hope that next week comes quickly and that you see a heartbeat!

November 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, the combo of possibly having leftover hcg from your m/c, and then not knowing when you ovulated (and cycles are very often weird after m/c esp the first one), it could very well be a healthy 6 wk pregnancy!!! If you got preg when you originally thought and the baby stopped growing way back then, it would NOT look like a normal 6 wk pregnancy... even if it hadn't passed, it would be misshapen sac, etc and the u/s would raise flags. So T&P for a H&H 9 months for you!... better check out that calendar again if you want to get nerdy about dates, throw it out there, I love to analyze fertility charts and stuff we will figure out how this happened!
navywifey2003, zkat and MamaSkunk like this.

November 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I honestly don't think the positive test was leftover HCG. When I went to the ER on Sept 19 they did a test and my level was 5. But 3 days after I got my BFP I got a positive result from the hospital and they only give you a positive if your levels are over 25.

But, like you guys are saying, the Midwife told me that things can be funny with your cycle after a miscarriage, and since I haven't been bleeding and everything looked normal on the ultrasound, I should probably try not to worry.

November 28th, 2012, 05:22 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ist cycles post miscarriage are wonky and It is not unusual to ovulated later than normal. I really hope you see a healthy heartbeat next week. I have to agree with Shen, if you were 10wks and the baby stopped growing 4 weeks ago it would not look normal.
November 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that it gives you added stress hun. When do you go back? I will say a prayer that it is a healthy 6 week bean and that you see a heartbeat next time!!
November 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I go back on the morning of the 5th. (Evening of the 4th for most of you.) She said that we'd likely be able to see a HB by then.

November 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers until your next appt and hopefully you will then hear Beans heartbeat...and even if your only 6weeks I say you just stay put in our DDC Cuz we are where you belong hun.

November 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Just want to send you some hugs and good thoughts. My cycle was off after my mc, so I do know that's possible.
November 29th, 2012, 03:51 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Thinking positive thoughts for you! I am hoping that your next appointment will show a good heartbeat. Definitely stay here in the June DDC!
November 29th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry your appt. wasn't the way you hoped. I pray that this next week goes fast and that you see that beautiful heartbeat. Try not to get yourself to stressed.
November 29th, 2012, 04:52 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
With do many variables in your situation I really hope you are just 6 weeks

November 29th, 2012, 05:11 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
Wow, I can see why you are nervous!

But I agree with everyone here, as hard as it is, think positive and see what they say next week...

And I definitely agree with MamaSkunk... you belong in the June DDC

November 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely agree with MamaSkunk also, stay here.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Thinking of you! I hope you see a perfect baby at your next appointment!

November 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm gonna lean more towards the HPT being from left over HCG...and here's why:

My last miscarriage, I went in when I should have been about 8 weeks. Baby was measuring 6 weeks and heartbeat was super low. They told me my days were probably just off and that the heart had probably just started beating. Went back 1 week later and there was no growth and no heartbeat. Went back 1 week after that, baby looked like "debris". So basically, in a 2 week span of time the baby was already breaking down.

I really feel like 4 weeks of no growth, things would not still look normal. Fingers and toes all crossed for you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search