Three for Thursday

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
1. How do you get yourself calm after a stressful day?

2. How do you get/keep your children or husbands because ya know they can be like children too calm at the end of the day?

3. How often do you get to have a relaxing bath or a pamper day?

November 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I calm myself by reading or taking a bath.
2. My DD is easy to calm...sometimes just some snuggles or tickles calms her down....DH is impossible for me to do anything with when hes cranky except ignore his behind!!
3. Bathtime is escape time so about every few days. And Ive never had a pamper day at a spa or anything...itd be nice tho!
Joanne Nicole likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I calm myself by going and sitting my room for a few moments away from everyone. (or outside if its nice)
I calm the girls by sitting with them and just cuddle for a bit. For the hubby I take the girls into a different part of the house so he gets some quiet.
I cant even tell you the last time I had a bath or pamper day. I don't get those.

November 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I calm myself with a hot bath, candles, and sometimes I just shut myself in my room and watch Breakfast at Tiffany's by myself (after the kids are in bed of course)

2. Cuddles calm my daughter down always. That and special trips somewhere with just me and her. My son is at an age where he is very rarely "calmed down". I try the cuddles thing with him but usually it's just best to ignore him when he is in a funk. Just like his dad

3. I get time to myself a few days out of the week but it has been almost 2 years since I enjoyed a spa/pamper myself day.

November 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
1. How do you get yourself calm after a stressful day? Go to sleep!

2. How do you get/keep your children or husbands because ya know they can be like children too calm at the end of the day? Make them go to sleep

3. How often do you get to have a relaxing bath or a pamper day? ummmm...once in the past 10 years!

November 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
1. How do you get yourself calm after a stressful day? I connect with my JM ladies (2 playrooms and now this DDC). It's a nice way to zone out from my own issues.

2. How do you get/keep your children or husbands because ya know they can be like children too calm at the end of the day? My oldest calms down if she can color or watch a favorite show. My youngest gets calm once she eats. She hums to herself when she eats a dinner that she likes. DH is really the only calm one in our house. Hardly every in a bad mood and does a good job of taking over with the kids if my patience is shot.

3. How often do you get to have a relaxing bath or a pamper day? Never. I'm too tall for my bathtub which is sad. DH tries to let me sleep in on the weekends, so that helps.
November 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a big bath person. I take one every other day. DH is really good... when he knows I am stressing he will run me one and put some lavender oil in it and bubble bath. It really helps.

Alex is very calm (DH). He is rarely upset and angry. Honestly, he is just laid back 95% of the time.

My kids just have to go to sleep. That is about all that will make them calm down!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search