Flu Shot?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did anyone else have to get a flu shot at their first PN appointment? Man my arm is KILLING me..

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 30th, 2012, 08:40 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I haven't had my appointment yet but I don't do the flu shot not pregnant. I hope your arm feels better.
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yep. It took a couple of days for my arm to stop aching.
November 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Mommy to Be
They made me get a flu shot in one arm and took blood from the other, but my arm wasnt in pain at all

November 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Nobody can "make" you take the flu shot.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't, but I am going to go get one at the health department sometime in the next couple days. I hate how they make your arm hurt!

November 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did, but had no problems. I have learned that if I relax my arm (the muscles) when getting a shot it hurts a lot less.

November 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do they have the one for pregnant ladies at the health dept? I personally don't give a crap about the imagined risks of the shot to preggos, I just don't want to get those nasty strains of influenza... and I had a voucher for a free shot from any drugstore, my DH's work gave them out for everyone in their employees' households (and gave them all shots at work). We are expecting a nasty flu season around here. BUT when I went to the drugstore to get it, they wouldn't give it to me... I had just gotten my BFP and was also breastfeeding my toddler still... so I had to wait and get the shot from my OB. Very annoying since I had made a special trip!

It didn't hurt too bad afterward when I got mine. I am getting another shot next time too, pertussis.

November 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got one, and yeah, my arm was really sore for a few days.
November 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch!! No flu shot for me prego or not. We are very selective vaxers around here the flu shot is one we def don't do!
MamaSkunk likes this.
November 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had a flu shot and never will. We are an "anti-flu shot" kind of family
MamaSkunk likes this.

November 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been getting a flu shot every year since I was about 14 or 15. I had mild asthma as a kid, so they recommended it and working in healthcare, I get one every year for free. I got the one from my doctor's office at my first appointment. it wasn't too bad. A little sore for a day or two.

November 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Do they have the one for pregnant ladies at the health dept? I personally don't give a crap about the imagined risks of the shot to preggos, I just don't want to get those nasty strains of influenza... and I had a voucher for a free shot from any drugstore, my DH's work gave them out for everyone in their employees' households (and gave them all shots at work). We are expecting a nasty flu season around here. BUT when I went to the drugstore to get it, they wouldn't give it to me... I had just gotten my BFP and was also breastfeeding my toddler still... so I had to wait and get the shot from my OB. Very annoying since I had made a special trip!

It didn't hurt too bad afterward when I got mine. I am getting another shot next time too, pertussis.
I didn't know they were different ones... I told the lady I was pregnant though. She said no problem. So I am assuming so!

November 30th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Veteran
Nope! I just don't like to have flu shots while pregnant.
November 30th, 2012, 11:33 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My brother is a doctor and he encourages all pg women to get a flu shot. I won't be getting one though because I have other conditions it's not recommended for.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 1st, 2012, 07:18 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're expecting a really nasty flu season so I didn't decline mine. I also took dd to get hers yesterday..

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post

I didn't know they were different ones... I told the lady I was pregnant though. She said no problem. So I am assuming so!
Yeah, they have a different weaker one for pregnant ladies. But I bet they do have the pregnant lady ones available. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if my drugstore had them too but it was just my dumb CVS pharmacy guy. He was like "uhhh... you're pregnant AND breastfeeding?... whoah... no, I don't know if we can give you one."
MrsLat likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I dont get the flu shot and didnt get it when I was pregnant with my son. He might get a shot but I wont
December 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't yet and I'm still debating it. I don't always get it. I didn't last year or the year before but I got talked into it the year before that. I haven't decided yet :/ but I need to soon.
December 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm guessing the pharmacist is told to recommend having pregnant women get the shot from their OB even if the vaccine is the same. I don't think pregnant women can get the flu mist since it is a live virus. I usually get the vaccine when I'm pregnant, but not the rest of the time. I did have the flu last year, which sucked but I got through it just fine. I don't do the flu shot for my kids though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search