Doula

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2012, 09:42 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you hiring a doula?

November 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have honestly thought about it....but Im not sure if I need one. My aunt/godmother has been a Labor and delivery RN for almost 30 years....all Id have to do if shes not already at the hospital working is call her and she would do all the functions of a doula. And my auntie has been there my whole life. My OB is the same doc that delivered my cousins with my aunt and he delivered my middle brother. So hes known my aunt and mom. Im sure he already knows itll be my auntie callin the shots making sure my wants and needs come first. Cuz she did the same when my cousins had her kids lol

November 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I had a doula with #2. It was her first birth, and my daughter was born on her birthday. AND, her daughter was my best friend, and my daughter's godmother... got that?

Though there was a nice personal connection, it wasn't beneficial to me at all. Then again, I also never went to a birthing class. I have a high tolerance for pain, and then get an epidural ASAP, so there wasn't much work for her. Historically, I have very short and easy labors, the babies seem to crawl out...hopefully this time will be no exception!

November 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I wanted one last time but couldn't afford it. It may be something I'll look into again, but DH really doesn't understand a doula's role.
November 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been thinking and researching my local options and I think I will be doing hypnobabies with a hypno-doula the local one who both teaches the hypnobabies classes, and is a doula, looks like a good fit for me. It is amazing how many doulas are in my town... like 20+ and it is not that big a town!!!

November 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I had one with Connor, but I'm still undecided this time around.

November 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My BFF is a doula! She'll be in the room with me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search