My poor baby (nothing too sad)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 08:05 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having so many emotional ups and downs lately that I feel bad for my baby. I believe that he/she feels what I feel because of the change in stress hormones, etc. I've been a lot less patient at work, ready to cry at the drop of a pin, and freaking out about stuff I don't need to freak out about. What made me really think of this is that last night my mom text me and told me that my old cat - whom she's had for 8 years for me since I went to college - is spending the night at the vet. She is dehydrated had has an upper respiratory infection. She's at least 12 years old, and never has been sick. I text my mom this morning to check on her and she's still not eating and they're running more tests today to see if it's something else. I just started crying and I told her to let me know if there's something serious wrong and if she's not going to get better because I'd like to make the trip up there and be with her when she passes away if I can. For people that aren't animal lovers, I'm sure this seems extreme and stupid, but for me and my family it's just normal. My point is...this poor baby! I'm worried he/she is going to come out stressed and as freaked out as I am all the time! I try to calm down and take deep breaths, etc, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that out.

December 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun!! Hope kitty gets better...it is only middle aged so try to think positive!

December 1st, 2012, 09:26 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry, I love animals and would be devasted if something happened to one of mine when I was far away Its hard to be pregnant and have these things come up Hugs!
December 1st, 2012, 10:57 AM
I just got off the phone with my mom, the results of the blood work aren't back yet. We had the discussion about what I wanted to do if the results aren't good. I told her to do what they have to do for her to be comfortable. She asked if I wanted them to wait for me to get there, but I told her I didn't want her to suffer if she didn't have to. I initially wanted to be there, but my mom and baby's dad both think it'd be too hard on me right now. I thought about it, and I agree. I just hope she's okay.

December 1st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hopefully kitty will be ok. But i totally understand. My mom has two very old man kitties that weve had since I was a kid. Their mama was my cat so Ive been there for their entire lives. They are 18 and 1/2 and one hasnt been eating real great and Ive given my mom that neither of them can ever be put to sleep without me being able to at least talk to them over the phone at least to tell them that I love them and a final goodbye. I totally get it elise. And honestly if the trip isnt far then you may wanna still go see kitty. Your not too far along that you couldnt travel. Baby would be fine too. I lost a very old kitty while i was preg with DD and it was sad of course but DD was fine.

December 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the support!! Mom just text me and told me the bloodwork is bad. Vet says she has the bloodwork of a kitten. She just has a bad respiratory infection and one more night with IV formula and antibiotics should do the trick. I almost cried because I was so happy that she's okay.

December 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Aww thats good! I will keep fingers crossed that she continues to get better. Which I am sure she will keep getting better cuz she knows how much shes loved Pets really will try to get better when they have a excellent home and family they wanna stay with
eshute likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 03:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's good news! Hope your kitty gets better soon! Try not to worry too much about the effect of your stress on the baby. I think we all have plenty of moments when we lose our patience or have some heavy thoughts on our minds. I am sure your baby will be just fine despite all that. I am a high stress person normally and that is magnified when pregnant, but I have some truly delightful happy children.
eshute likes this.
December 1st, 2012, 10:21 PM
Just realized my typo up there, oh well. Looks like you ladies got the right message in the end. I keep trying to tell myself that women who have it a lot worse do just fine during pregnancy. I mean, women live through wars while they're pregnant, right? I'm just over emotional. I guess that's one of the miracles of a baby - how resilient they can be.

December 2nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I remind myself of that every single day!! They are tough little creatures!!! At my first doctors appointment, I told my doctor everything that was going on in my world, and he was very kind and reminded me that babies are very tough, and will keep growing, even when we are under mounds of stress!
Glad the kitty is ok, I know that must have been scary!

December 2nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your cat. When I was pregnant with my third I had just started a new job & we had just moved. I was stressed & emotional all the time & I worried how that would affect the baby. However, he is the happiest little guy & hardly ever cries. Although I do worry about too much stress, try not to worry. I'm sure your little one is just fine.

December 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with my son we had to put down one of our cats. She was very old and things were not going well for her. When I was a kid I had found her by a trash can but a family friend adopted her. Years and years later I found out that the family was no longer taking the best care of her. It took a LOT of convincing and a lot longer than I would have liked but I eventually got custody of the cat. By then she was in very bad shape but with love and care we got her to a comfortable state.

One day we noticed she wasn't using her back legs anymore and there was blood in her stool. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done to hold and pet my cat while the doctor injected her.

I cried hard for weeks and was extremely depressed for even longer. I read articles and looked up information about grief and how it might affect my unborn child. Most of what I read agreed that as long as I was eating, drinking, taking my pre-nate, and got lots of rest that the baby will remain oblivious to what I was feeling. My son is a super happy toddler now

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 2nd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Turns out that she has a tumor in her throat. THey are putting her down today. She wouldn't make it through the surgery and even if she did, she'd have to have a hole in her throat so she could breathe. Just got the news. I'm heartbroken.

Thanks ladies for all your support, as always it means a lot to me!

December 2nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Oh no!!!!! Omg hugs!!! Im soooo sorry Elise! Maybe you could ask your Mom to hold the phone up to kitties ear so you could at least tell kitty bye and that you love her. PM me if you need to talk hun

December 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so sorry Hun! I know how rough it is. Huge hugs to you!

December 2nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mamaskunk - After they found the tumor they just kept her sedated so that they could put her down while she was comfortable. There wasn't time for me to get there without making her suffer and my mom was there with her. I feel fine with my decision not to go and not to make it harder on my mom by prolonging it as well. She will be cremated tomorrow. They started doing that with their pets with the last cat. She'll be put in a little kitty memorial statue and kept in the house.

I feel very lucky to have had the baby's dad here with me. He was extremely comforting and continues to be.

Again, thank you ladies for your support.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search