Conception Stories

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 05:27 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any of you have any funny or exciting stories about when this baby was conceived? I was just lurking on the March DDC and some of theirs are pretty funny.

My story's not so great. I greeted hubby at the door for 6 days straight and said "let's go!". We were so sick of each other. Haha.
December 1st, 2012, 05:46 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nothing too exciting for me for conception this time, but I did get my BFP on our anniversary trip to Italy. My oldest was conceived after I drank one too many bottles of wine one night, so that makes a good family story
December 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing exciting this time for me either lol. Just was trying to conceive so we dtd on the day i was ovulating. With DD however.....I got very intoxicated and dtd and he said afterward...omg what if I got you pregnant?!?! I said nahhhh Im sure Im not. Lmao...well he was right.

December 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The conception story is pretty boring. Just my husband trying to guess my cycles and seduce me without realizing I was in the fertile period. Obviously it worked.

The BFP announcement to DH is pretty good. Him "so, you are serious? You are really pregnant?". Me "yes-see it say pregnant". Him " well, ****. Now I have to run another marathon. This kid has already qualified for Boston, something I haven't done"
jhmomofmany and QueenCrafty like this.
December 1st, 2012, 07:08 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing too exciting other than we are pretty sure we conceived on or right around our anniversary.

DD was conceived after a drunken night out celebrating my birthday.
DS was conceived after a drunken night out celebrating a friend's birthday.

Now there is a joke with our group of friends that Jordan and I aren't allowed within 5 feet of each other if it is someone's birthday or a special occasion.
Nattie84 and MamaSkunk like this.

December 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Super Mommy
I was so mad at my body for taking so long (3 weeks, so, not SO long) after the miscarriage to ovulate and was disappointed every morning when my temps didn't rise. One Friday morning, the weekday my hubby has off, I went to the bathroom and noticed a nice big glob of EWCM (sorry, TMI!) and said "Baby, move your butt upstairs now, we're getting it on!" He was flabbergasted because I'm such a crab in the mornings but complied anyways! We only had about 20 minutes before having to take Isaac to preschool. My temps shot up the next morning and 12 days later I got my BFP! I'm not sure if our baby is from that batch of spermies, because we DTD 2 or 3 days before that, I guess we'll never know!
December 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours is pretty boring, too. Earlier that week we decided (well, more like I convinced DH, lol) that it would be good timing to get pregnant soon, but we didn't want to put any pressure on it. I thought, eh, it could take forever, let's just NTNP and have fun with it. It literally happened the very first time. I guess that means we're lucky, but I really did want to enjoy the not preventing part for a while! Can't look a gift horse in the mouth, I suppose.

Now poor DH is back to not getting any because my sex drive plummets when I'm pregnant. Sorry, dude!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

December 1st, 2012, 10:28 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um. Well mine isn't that exciting either. The baby's dad and I hadn't been together very long at all and about a week before I conceived he had decided to move back to california for personal reasons. We hadn't "dtd" as you ladies call it in about a week because of course I was heartbroken. We decided to have one more night together the night before he was flying out. I would've never thought I was ovulating, plus with my PCOS...it just didn't occur to me. Well, he flew out the next morning and that was it. Or at least I thought. Not the best story

December 1st, 2012, 11:55 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Mine is I have no idea when we got pregnant, what condom was broken.

December 2nd, 2012, 12:57 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I was asleep. Literally.
All I remember is telling my dh that I had taken my sleeping meds and then asking him in the morning if we did anything. He swears we used a condom too but I honestly don't remember.
For days after he kept talking about pulling my strings. Apparently, while I was asleep, I was also telling him I had these magic strings on me.

See why I don't drink.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 2nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
IVF is nothing exciting but they were conceived the day after our wedding anny which we think is pretty cool. It was almost the day of but we decided to continue stimming for one more day to try and get better eggs.
December 2nd, 2012, 06:24 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
We actually conceived on opening night of his show Frost/Nixon...I had dinner plans that night, and he had the show.. but I went to his house after I went to my dinner. I brought him sushi, and just had a romantic night set up for us...and sure enough, we conceived...

I am grateful to look back on that night and remember it being so much about love.

December 2nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were trying to not get pregnant by pulling out and praying. It didn't work.
Nattie84 likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My story is nothing too exciting either. I was on BC for the first 5 1/2 months we were together and then all of a sudden, I didn't have a period.. So I took probably 10 tests in a 3 or 4 day period, all negative. Well, I didn't buy it. I knew sometimes people got late bfp's, so maybe that was happening to me. Well, I went to a clinic and all they did was have me POAS and that was negative and so I made an appt at my gyn for a blood test for the following week and that was negative. I had been so convinced that I was pg that I was absolutely devastated. But we had both gotten so excited (SO doesn't have any biological kids, tho he considers Lillie to be his girl) about the prospect that we decided that I was NOT going to go back on my BC. That was Aug 24.. Well I got my BFP on Oct 6, and I conceived on Sept 18.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mine is just boring, we did it at least every other day, it didn´t work the first month but the second
December 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had been sorta TTC but I was only on my 3rd real cycle postpartum and my periods were all weird and long cycles so I didn't feel too fertile. I thought the cycle would be a bust because I ended up taking a road trip to see family with DD and my mom, right when I expected to O. BUT my O held off... we managed to find some quality time to dtd and then I randomly took an OPK the next day and it was positive! We got all excited and dtd a few more times over the next couple days. I wasn't sure if we had caught it but apparently we did

December 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Mine's boring too. We had been TTC for a year and I felt like it was never going to happen because it didn't take this long with our other babies so I started thinking something was really wrong with one of us and DH was convinced it was him, we were thrilled to find out we're both totally fine.

December 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Veteran
we've got a pretty good story.
For DS, he was conceived during my company's annual ski trip. On Valentines Day.

For this baby, we had been trying with no luck for so long, so I went to the doc and had my progesterone tested. It was way low, so I did a clomid cycle, but I had to wait a month because DH is in the Navy and he was sent overseas for most of the summer. Then he came home, we started the clomid, and the week before ovulation, he came home and said he was getting sent out again for 10 days. I ovulated the day after he left. Bummer big time. So, I did a second clomid cycle and wouldn't you know, about 10 days before i was supposed to ovulate, he came home and said he was getting sent to school in RI for 5 weeks, starting monday. So, I bought a plane ticket and DS and I road-tripped with hubby up to Rhode island, stayed with him until about 4 dpo, and then flew home. While we were there, i happened to meet up with a girl from my Nov07 ddc, and her 4 kids. I told her my opk was positive that day, and she insisted that I leave DS with her for dinner, and head back to the hotel to 'jump' hubby.
so I did. Came back to pick up DS about 2 hours later, and joked about how i'd have to name the baby after her if I had a girl. So, now I owe her big time.

December 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Nattie84
hahaha...its funny but this will be my 3rd child and not ONE time have I ever been TTC...NOT ONCE..... I just end up knocked up one way or the other. First time got prego after an arguement on the 4th of July, second time was he says" he just couldnt pull out, he just lost himself..." <<<<< yea whateva, this time....hell I really dont know. I guess it was a repeat of the second time....LOL

guess I am sucka....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
We were trying to not get pregnant by pulling out and praying. It didn't work.
I am so done witht he whole " pulling out" thing, I have gotten my head bumped three times now.
December 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Rochelle
This one was conceived exactly as our first two were.. boringly in the bed. The only weird thigns were that we got pg right after coming home from our long trip to OK from FL just like we did when we conceived DS (our 2nd). Also, DH wasn't in the mood the night we conceived this one but I pouted bc I KNEW I was Oing right then so he gave in. LOL. So, I got my way. Like usual.

Our 3rd kid was more interesting.. our kids were not more than 20 feet away, obliviously watching a movie in an adjoining room and DH and I were under the covers and had gotten so expert at being quiet that they had no idea. Creepy, I know.

Oh and DD1 was pull n pray...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search