Struggling with drinking water

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am REALLY struggling with drinking water. The most I seem to get down on the weekends is two to three tall glasses and then I usually drink maybe a glass of juice or tea. During the week I carry my water bottle all day but I usually only fill it up once or twice. So thats two bottles *sometimes* three at work. My twins stuff says I need a gallon or more a day. Anyone have any advice on getting more water in? I have tried putting fresh lemon in it and that works for awhile but its getting old. I don't drink anything with artifical sweetners either so I don't really want to do those powdered drink mixes. I need help.
December 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
*Lurking from May DDC*

Have you tried different brands of water? I'm not a big fan of water, but the only brand I like is Deer Park (and it has to be the kind packaged in Florida, not White Plains, TX... hahaha). I tried Dasani, Nestle, Evian... Deer Park is the only one I can stomach.

My Boring Blog
December 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Lauren
I've been mixing my water with apple juice- one part juice to two or three parts water. That's been helping me to drink more in the evenings when my nausea is at its worst.

Also try plain sparkling water- the carbonation might make it more palatable.
December 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I can only drink smart water. It's so odd.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 04:58 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I normally enjoy just water, but often have trouble getting enough of it. What I do sometimes is buy just generic koolaid. All koolaid is unsweetened. I use splenda because it's safe in pregnancy, but also doesn't contribute to calories. You could also use regular sugar, but use less than the recommended amount. I've also been buying juice that has a strong flavor (the cranberry mixes are pretty strong) and watering it down. Good luck finding your niche with it!

December 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been using Mio. I know, not the greatest option (artificial sweeteners). I also find I drink less on the weekend than during the week.

December 2nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Cucumber water is good too.

December 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my DS2 I would do a different pitcher of fruit water each day. The night before I would fill up a picture with filter water and just switch out the fruit i put in. Then in the morning I would take the fruit out and make myself drink the whole pitcher before night time. It worked pretty well most days. Not pregnant I could go a whole week with no water and barely drinking anything so it is hard for me to get my water in. With this pregnancy I am not able to stomach any liquids yet so I just force down water when I feel like i can. haha.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 2nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
Just remember that that gallon of water you need probably includes all the water in the foods you eat, too. Try looking up the foods you eat and see how much water is in those. You probably don't have to drink an entire gallon of water everyday. I would constantly be running to the bathroom! That being said, remember later in pregnancy, or even in a few weeks from now, your uterus will be irritated by you not getting enough water and will contract if you're getting dehydrated.
December 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
Try making it ice cold and drinking threw a straw the straw tends to make me drink A LOT more water (no idea why but it also helps others that I know)

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the ice cold thru a straw trick

December 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Ice cold water makes a difference for me. I'm picky- water has to be out of my fridge filter and no place else or it tastes nasty
December 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sparkling water is my go to st. Croix lime or cranberry no sweetener just natural flavor. Also like another mama mentioned sometimes the brand makes a difference. My fav is Fiji it's almost seething tasting it is so good. Good luck

December 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had been having the same problem, but it seems to be getting better as my nausea gets better. Also, I agree with the ice cold through a straw theory. I definitely prefer water out of my fridge from my brita filter, tho I will do my best (especially today) to tolerate tap water (ick!) since we'll be having a day long play date with a good friend at her house..

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search