MOTW - Friday!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
Hey ladies! I'm first victim for MOTW! I feel like I'm going first in speech class! :bites nails:

MONDAY - PRE-BABY LIFE

My pre-baby life was short lived...at least the really fun part of it! lol. I had my first when I was 22.

I've lived all my life in Indiana. Not the cornfield part, but in the big bad city of Indianapolis (i.e. Naptown, Nap, Indy), you know, the racing capital of the world and home to Superbowl XLVI, which was super cool, and the city did a fantastic job of hosting, the atmosphere was very much what Indianapolis is all about! I'm a "Hoosier" through and through (which, apparently, if you call yourself a "Hoosier" in other states, it's like insulting yourself, lol). But, oh well, we just don't care!

I have 1 sister, who has been my best friend and partner in crime all my life.

I played sports all my life, soccer being my greatest love. I played it year-round for most of my life, up through High School. I was offered a full ride scholarship to play at the University of Indianapolis, but, turned it down (stupid!), because I was soooooo burnt out on it, and ready to do something else in my life. Unfortunately, I took the self destructive path of partying...

After I graduated high school in 1999, I went to Purdue University...where, apparently I took the phrase "party like it's 1999" too literally, "failed" miserably (by my own standards) and decided to come home after a year of "studying" as to not waste any more money.

After returning home, I continued to party like it was 1999 through Community College, where I studied accounting, received my associates degree, with honors, and was going to continue on to get my bachelor's degree. My fiance and I took a spontaneous trip to Panama City Beach right after graduation (from the Community College).

When we got back, instead of applying to Universities, I found out I was pregnant!! Woops! I redirected my focus to becoming a responsible parent, and here I am.

I've loved my life thus far, and would not change a thing about it. Eventually, I will go back to school and finish out my degree.

TUESDAY - ALL ABOUT MY HUSBAND

Meet Eddie:

Eddie likes to wear glasses, so people think he's smart. He also people to lick his ears:

Okay seriously...

My husband and I first met 18 years ago, when I was only 12 and he was 19. It's not as creepy as it sounds. lol. He was a friend of my mom's side of the family, and was always at "get togethers" and things. Needless to say, there was little interaction between the two of us then. But, I knew him, and he knew me.

He ended up getting married and then divorced by the time I was 19 and he was 26. He was devastated. She had cheated on him MULTIPLE times, apparently throughout their 7 year relationship. My cousin Nick, who's always been like a brother to me, ended up moving down from Chicago to Indianapolis and settled in at Eddie's house. The two of them began coming over all the time and Eddie and I really hit it off. At first, he would just talk to me about his ex, and I listened, and assured him that she was and idiot.

Eventually we started dating, and were inseparable. He came over one day, and just never left. lol. We've lived together ever since. I used to tell him that his previous marriage was just to tide him over until I got old enough to date.

He proposed to me on a horse drawn carriage in October, going around downtown Indianapolis. I said yes, of course, and we ultimately got married in my parents backyard (while I was 3 months pregnant...lol). We've been married 9 years.

My husband is a fantastic guy! He's an amazing husband, and an even more amazing father. He absolutely adores all of us. He's a very hard worker. He never complains. Ever. Not about work, no about the kids, not about me, what I cook for dinner, the things I ask him to do. Nothing. He does anything I ask him to do, and a lot of things I don't. Every morning when I wake up, my cell phone is right where it's supposed to be (on charge), which is definitely not where I left it. In the winter, the windows in my car are always scraped and my car snow free. On Fridays, I have fresh trash magazines to rummage through. He's like a little elf waiting in the wings. Love him.

He used to work nights, 10 pm to 6 am. I wanted a dog. A German Shepherd. A German Shepherd that was in Illinois (the next state over, about a 2 1/2 hour drive) to be exact. I told him I wanted it, he got off work at 6 am, and was home by noon with my German Shepherd puppy. (Well, not much of a puppy now, this is Izzy).

Eddie's a very laid back guy. He doesn't yell and he doesn't get upset easily. He's very go with the flow. Which is important, because I tend to do things on a whim. He loves me for who I am and always supports everything I do. He's my best friend, and I couldn't imagine raising our kids without him. We're a team. We do everything together, and I wouldn't want it any other way. He's my bestest friend.

Wednesday - My Kids

My first born is Andrew.

Andrew is the perfect child. lol. Always have been. I got very lucky that he was my first. He's very sweet and extremely kind! He has a heart of gold. He is extremely intelligent. He's a total goofball and loves to make people laugh.

My second (by a minute) and third, Elijah and Cameron (Elijah in the Woody shirt, Cameron in the Buzz shirt).

These two are absolutely inseparable. I have very few pictures of one without the other! They even share a bed.

Elijah is very serious and a total negotiator. He's very sweet, extremely sensitive and selfless. He is very laid back and go with the flow. He is the leader of the two of them, although, he'll give Cameron ANYTHING he wants. He takes care of Cameron.

Cameron is a total goober. He does not live on planet earth, he prefers la la land. He is just hilarious. He's never serious. Ever. With him, everything is a joke. He's lighthearted and carefree. He will do ANYTHING Elijah is doing. Not only that, he HAS to do everything Elijah does. He's very dependent upon him.

These are my boys, Cameron, Andrew, and Elijah (from left to right)

They all get along great! They hardly ever fight. Love my boys!!

Thursday

Question and Answer...ask away!

Friday

More Q and A. Answers are throughout thread!

Last edited by terese81; December 7th, 2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Add Tuesday
December 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yay! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear more about you!

December 3rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Super Mommy
Awesome! I love being able to learn these things about you guys!
December 3rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Your college pic made me LOL.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
That is a beautiful story!!!

December 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice to get to know you more
December 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love this motw idea, I like getting to know people better.

December 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Yay!! Standing ovation for you going first in speech class. This is great getting to know you better! Maybe we can have the MOTW stickied up top so it doesn't get pushed down all week??

December 3rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Rochelle
Cool. I recognize that beach. PC is only an hour from my home.
December 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to get to know you better!

December 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cool! Love that baby bump from your first!

December 3rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
It's stickied. And each one will be.

December 4th, 2012, 05:46 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing! My Dad is from Indiana, and I used to be a Colts fan, but now I'm a Broncos fan...because really I'm just a Peyton Manning fan haha! Your pics are great!!
terese81 likes this.

December 4th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing. Your 37 week bump was so stinking adorable!!!
December 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone. Tuesday added. Been SOOOO stinkin' busy today! Sorry it's so late!

December 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I loved your love story! Looking forward to hearing tomorrows!

December 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We all love Eddie now <3
dmreed32 likes this.

December 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg our prebaby stories are soooo similar! Can't wait to hear more!
terese81 likes this.

December 4th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing!

December 4th, 2012, 04:21 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, your hubby sounds amazing! Such a cute story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search