Previous c-section pain

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
I had a c-section 5 years ago. Since then, I've had all sorts of problems with pain and muscle spasms around the area of my scar. Whenever I do any sort of exercise (pre-pregnancy) that really works my abs, I get really achy around my c-section scar. It's like a constant contraction (of muscles) Sometimes it's is quite painful. Since I've been pregnant, I've noticed alot of the same type of achiness/pain, it's growing even more frequent the farther along I am. Is anyone else having the same experience? This morning I did yoga (one with alot of planks, etc), and the pain afterward was horrid. Also, when I sit up quickly from laying down I get the same kind of, stop you in your tracks, pain. I'm going to say something to my doctor tomorrow, just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this after a c-section.
December 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first, but my sister had 2 c-sections. She always said with her second baby (my niece) that her scar really bothered her. It was numb and painful even before she got pregnant for a second time. I would guess it's normal.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking it's normal too, but will ask my doctor tomorrow. :/
December 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone else have any insight??
December 3rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a whole lot of pain related to my c-section scar, but I do get occasion extra achey in that area. Especially when I was training and running a lot or if I get (TMI) constipated.
December 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My C section scar doesn't bother me, however, when I was 16 I had emergency surgery to remove my spleen that left me with a 13 inch scar that goes diagonally from my bottom right rib to almost my left hip and it has dead spots where I can't feel anything and other spots that will itch and bug me like crazy. I have noticed that while pregnant I've been getting these odd pains that feel like someone is blowing out a lit match and then touching my scar with it. I figure it is just my cut nerves firing off or whatever.

December 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My c-section scar tends to bug me too :/ It itches a lot and can hurt. It is starting to now with my bump coming in. Scar tissues doesn't like to stretch like normal skin does, so I think that is why!

December 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had 2 csections and normally I have no problem. But when I am pregnant I do get sharp pains in the scar area and pulling pain. Thankfully with this pregnancy I have had LESS which is shocking because the placenta is growing right into the scar.... who knows. But I would def. ask your dr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search