Dream Vacation

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2012, 09:48 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What is your dream vacation? With kids and without kids?

December 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to the Sandals Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica for our honeymoon in 2010. We loved it. We wanted to do another Sandals trip before we started having kids, but we just couldn't wait So maybe we will do a Beaches resort with the little one in a few years. I'm hoping go to Florida in February... hoping!
December 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Somewhere with miles of beaches and lots of sunshine--no kids. HOWEVER, it would be pretty cool to take them somewhere where they are entertained and not bugging me 24/7 . I have never even been to Disneyland. So, I am pretty easy to please lol

December 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went backpacking through Turkey and Greece and we always said before we had kids we wanted to go back and spend more time in Turkey...well that obviously didn't happen I would love to go back and spend a month or two exploring Turkey and learning the language...ballooning through Cappadocia, walking through Istanbul...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
December 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
We went backpacking through Turkey and Greece and we always said before we had kids we wanted to go back and spend more time in Turkey...well that obviously didn't happen I would love to go back and spend a month or two exploring Turkey and learning the language...ballooning through Cappadocia, walking through Istanbul...
We just went to Istanbul in October. Amazing!! We only had 4 days there and wish we had more time to go see other parts of Turkey.

DH and I just had our dream vacation just the two of us in October. My dad gave us frequent flyer miles and hotel points so we could spend 12 days in Italy and Turkey. We had 4 days in Florence (Renaissance art and wine tour through Tuscany), 4 days in Rome (saw everything from ancient times through modern, and even had a private tour guide of the Vatican and Coliseum), and 4 days visiting friends in Istanbul. Istanbul was indescribable. I've never seen anything like it before. 18 million people in one city on two continents. Such a mix of culture
December 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a big vacationer I know it shocks most people. BUT we took the kids to Disney in September it was hands down the most fantastic vacation I have ever been on. We are not sit on the beach and relax people. We get... bored we don't like sight seeing or nature type activites (that makes me sound like a earth hater). If I could do a DREAM vacation it would be 10 Days at Disney Deluxe resort club level with all the perks I would do every extra and of course take the kids!!!
December 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I just want to be snowed in somewhere in the mountains. Anyone can join me, but I'd better get my quiet time. I'm not a big traveler, but I'd love to get far, far away from city life. I want silence! Uh, I guess that means no kids, lol.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

December 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a beach lover myself. I've always wanted to go to somewhere exotic like Tahiti or Bora Bora. DF and I have also always wanted to spend an extended amount of time in Greece.

Vacation with kids- I remember loving Disneyworld, Disneyland, Universal Studios as a kid so I'm sure someday we will take the kids when they are old enough to appreciate it

December 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Super Mommy
I would love to go to Greece, or Italy. Norway or Ireland or maybe the Netherlands. If I had to absolutely choose, Ireland would be my first pick, then Greece. I'm crazy about European countries! I study up on the culture and the food and mannerisms in all those countries, it's just so fascinating! I wouldn't mind bringing my boys, they love learning new stuff too. But if I had to pick a trip centered around them and not me I'd probably choose Disney World, just because it was my absolute favorite place to go when I was a kid. My dad took us almost every year, I've been there at least 11 or 12 times. I'd get the whole package and do everything! I'm not much of a sit around and relax person either, I gotta do, do, do. If they were a bit older I'd take them to Yellowstone, or maybe Yosemite. My dad took us to Yellowstone when I was 14 and it was so, so cool. I probably wouldn't camp, just because I'm terrified of bears. I've never been to Yosemite and I'd love to go. We're a nature crazy family. We love hiking and being outside. Even my three year old can walk for miles and not get tired! I think they would really dig a nature centered vacation as much as we would.
December 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I've always wanted to go to Thailand. We've vacationed in the Maldives before the kiddos and it was beautiful there! I've been to most countries in Europe since I live in Europe and airfare is cheaper and really, the only place I would go again is Venice and Croatia.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search