Can I join??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Logan plus one Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Regular
Hi Ladies!! I've lurked for a bit, but now that I'm past 12 weeks, I'd like to join if you'll have me!! My name is Kristy, my due date is June 15. This is my second child, I have a 6 year old boy as well. I'm Canadian, married, we farm, and this pregnancy was totally unexpected, but really, really wanted!!

My first pregnancy ended in a m/c at 11 weeks, I was 21. My next pregnancy was with my DS, I had a wonderful pregnancy, no sickness or complaints aside from headaches, until at 31 weeks when he stopped moving. He was delivered via emergency c-section at 31 weeks and 3 days. He's perfectly fine now, but he spent 7 weeks in NICU. Turns out I have a unicornuate uterus, which is essentially half a uterus, and he ran out of room. He was 2lbs 12oz, and besides having Inter Uterine Growth Restriction, he was healthy, just little. Thank goodness!!!

If this baby is the same size as my first, I'll probably get to carry longer than I did with DS, but I'm slightly on edge about it. I'm hoping to make it to May, but we'll see. At least this time around we know what to expect. After 20 weeks I'll have weekly monitoring (either ultrasound or stress tests), steroid shots at 28 weeks, and who knows what else!! My first ultrasound was last week, HB of 170 and measuring right on track.

I was told that getting pregnant would be super difficult, and it was. After 4 years of charting, temping and using OPK's, we just gave up. I really can't do fertility treatments because of the size of my uterus, it just complicates things if there is a twin conception, so natural is really it. Well, we planned a trip, we planned to buy a smaller vehicle, and I bought a new horse....BAM!!! Planning my life was all it took, and here I am, 5 years after starting our TTC journey.

This turned out longer than I had planned, but HI!! As soon as I can post pictures, I will.
December 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We would love to have you here with us! I can relate to having a preterm delivery and c-section. I went through that with my first pregnancy.

I am so happy for you! Congrats!

December 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
Welcome and congrats!!

December 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome mama and welcome baby! Your story made me teary! I am so happy for you!

December 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Congrats and welcome to the group! My friend has a uterus like that with a septum in the middle.

December 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I look forward to getting to know you!
December 4th, 2012, 05:05 PM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
Welcome! Love your story. Those steroid shots will do wonders for this baby! Hopefully that'll mean a little less NICU time.

December 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Regular
Thanks, everyone!! I don't remember being scared when I delivered my first, I think you go into auto-pilot and adrenaline kicks in...but I'm making up for that fear now!! I'm pretty optomistic though, and know that we're in good hands and have more knowledge of what to expect this time around.

December 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Congrats on your newest addition. Sounds like you are in pretty good hands with all the knowledge you have this time around. Can't wait to get to know you.

December 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! And what a story!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

December 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome!

December 5th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! Welcome

December 5th, 2012, 08:07 AM