Weight- How much have YOU gained??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just curious as some of us are up to 15 weeks.. At 12 weeks (last week), I hadn't gained anything over my starting weight, but actually gained back the few pounds I'd lost. I'm back where I started. A week later, still no real weight gain..

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 5th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Nattie84
Well I am gonna be big as hell this time around there is no getting around it; I am a shorty (5'2 )and I started at 159lbs at my first appointment so I say thats my starting point. Last weight in I was 164 so I fully expect to hit 190 this time around....its gonna get ugly. With my last two though I lost about 15lbs right after having baby and a few more the first week due to the water weight. I expect to be about 160 when its all said and done *crosses fingers*
December 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With dd, I started at 155 and stopped at 210.. I refuse to do that this time, even tho I started 25 pounds heavier this time. I am not gaining 55 pounds again and given my weight, my dr hasn't even said a word to me about not gaining any... I'm just trying to be moderate in the quantities I eat and balance out the bad stuff with good stuff. I'm eating more healthy foods now than at any other point in my life.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 5th, 2012, 07:37 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
Well I lost about 12 lbs in the first 3 months, but I'm just about up 2 lbs when I weighed myself today.Slowly getting better at eating and keeping it down, I pray it stays good once I get there.

December 5th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
I started at 139 (5'3") and lost 3lbs. I guess in the last week or so I must have gained back that 3lbs! I was back up to 139 yesterday morning. So technically I haven't gained any yet. But if I'm not careful about what I eat my weight shoots up and down pretty fast. I'm planning to not gain anymore than 25lbs this time around. With Isaac I gained 50lbs and started at 137lbs, with Gabriel I gained 60lbs and started at 145lbs. Losing that weight after the baby is born is so hard! I'm definitely making better choices this time around, so far. Hopefully I can keep it up. Both times I was pregnant with the boys I didn't have a scale, but now I do and I weigh myself almost everyday just so I can keep an eye on it. I also don't want to gain so much because I'd really love to avoid having Pre-E this time.
December 5th, 2012, 07:58 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained 10. When my MS was really bad, I had to eat every hour or so to keep from barfing and the only food I could stand was crap like pop tarts and English muffins. Considering I went grain-free and was eating really healthy foods all summer, my body was totally confused and did NOT know how to process all that junk. I gained 7 lbs almost instantly, but I've gotten a lot better now and it's slowed down. With DD I only gained 25 lbs but I was working in my feet fulltime; now my lifestyle as a SAHM is mostly sedentary. I'm not too worried about it and plan on going back to a grain free diet as soon as I'm not pregnant and starving all the time. I still have a ton of food aversions which is making a lot of veggies sound disgusting, but it gets better every day.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Last edited by edgeofelise; December 5th, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
December 5th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Rochelle
I started at 190 and I'm still there at 12 weeks. I attribute a lot of that to my higher starting weight and the fact that I now have a bread aversion.
December 5th, 2012, 08:24 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My next appt is Monday, so I will find out about this month, but as of last month I had lost weight. I did this, too, with my youngest. Lost most of my first and second trimesters (I have plenty extra to spare), and then gained it all back quickly in the end.
December 5th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Today at my appointment, I was 128. I gained 6 pounds from my last appointment. Eek!
December 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
wanttobeinvienna's Avatar Veteran
I stand backwards on the scale...No lie. I ask them not to tell me unless there is an issue.

I become obsessive about it, and that's not healthy for anyone involved. As a matter of fact, I didn't know how much weight I gained with my son and daughter, and finally when I went back to the doctors for this baby, I asked, and it was 25 and 32 lbs each. I expect to fall within that range again, although hate that I can't run/exercise like I like to anymore. That might affect it!

December 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Veteran
I started at 124 and I am now at 128lbs, so about 4-5 lbs.
I was 129 when I weighed myself last week, but I know weight fluctuates a couple lbs depending of water weight, bloating, etc.
I do used to eat like a horse up to week 13, now I am not as hungry as I used to be in the first semester, but back then I craved fruit and veggies, now I am craving junk food ( hot wings, fried rice, SOY sauce, lol) - my blood pressure shot from 108/66 to 122/70 which I am attributing to my bad cravings the past couple weeks gotta watch that soy sauce intake LOL

Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I've gained 10 lbs exactly. I was up 14 this past Monday and I freaked out. With my first, I only gained 24# total and that was my goal this time around too. So I started eating healthy options Monday and Tuesday plus exercise and scale showed in my favor this am!
Karen78 likes this.
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am up 9lbs... booo....

December 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM
First time mommy :)
I'm just over 14 weeks and have gone from 154 to 163. I worked so hard to lose 25lbs a few years ago and now I'm a blimp again! And I'm high risk so my Dr advised against most exercising. But when I get down I just look at my u/s pics
December 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ive lost probably about 6lbs or so but that is my normal. I wont start gaining the little that I do gain until 20 weeks but I am overweight so usually only gain 12lbs or so.

December 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Lauren
Well I've lost 10 pounds from my starting weight of 135. At least I am holding steady and not losing anymore. I fully expect to start gaining soon as my nausea is finally beginning to go away.
December 5th, 2012, 09:58 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 2.5 pounds
I started at 110 and now I am 112.5

I think that is about average for the first trimester. I imagine I will gain 10 in the second tri and 10-12 in the third....
December 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started at 134.2lbs and now at 134.8lbs so no real gain

December 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I have gained about 6 pounds. Started at 132 and now am at 138... food is simply amazing to me right now! i hope i can maintain a slow weight gain this time.
December 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I'm up 10 lbs, depending on when I weigh myself. First thing in the morning shows about 7 lbs. I haven't been exercising, but the weather was warmer the last 2 days so I power walked with my son in his stroller. And yesterday, we got caught in the rain so I attempted to run home. I had to stop and walk a few times though. So I got lots of cardio in yesterday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search