Where are we all at with holiday prep

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmreed32

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 07:22 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So how is everyone doing with decorating, shopping, baking etc.?

I am almost 100% done decorating hubby has not done the outside yet but he has been very busy at work so it is ok if we go a year without all the lights and such outside. I would like some more garland and burlap for my staircase also.

I have 20 presents left to buy and stocking stuffers are only 1/2 done for the kids. No wrapping done at all. No baking either though I am not really a baker!

I still have to get my kids Christmas outfits and I have not even ordered cards yet. To say I am a little behind the game is an understatement. Hubby and I both need new outfits for his Christmas party. Geesh writing this out makes me want to cringe! On to of ALL things Christmas my sweet baby turns 2 next Tuesday and his big party is this Saturday
December 5th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My house is decorated inside and outside. My sons Christmas outfit is ready, even got our doggie a holiday sweater. Still gotta get DH and I Christmas outfits, oh and still gotta get Christmas presents and wrap them of course. got lots to do, too!

December 6th, 2012, 04:22 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm starting my baking next weekend I think! I made my list yesterday. We only have a few gifts left to buy, but I still have to wrap everything. I'll probably start that this weekend too! And we don't do much decorating, but our tree has been up and done since Thanksgiving weekend!

December 6th, 2012, 04:47 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I'm pretty much at 0% haha . Christmas decorations still in the basement. No tree yet. Very few gifts purchased. I'm making lists today for gifts and groceries I need to buy. My husband gets a bonus tomorrow and I get an extra 10% off one transaction tomorrow at work (wal-mart) I want to get as many gifts and groceries for the house plus baking and any household stuff I might need with that 20% off . That can be a really huge savings and with all I need to get for the babies I really need to save whatever I can
phantomsgrl11 likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am really hoping to he a lot done this weekend. The outside of our house is decorated and the tree is up inside but that's it as far as the decorations go so far. Planning on finishing up decorating this weekend. Most of the gifts are taken care of but still need a few things. Haven't started wrapping yet. I've got to order Christmas cards this weekend! Thought about doing a little baking this weekend so we will see. Still have a lot to do!

December 6th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tree is up and decorated (which is the extent of our decorating) and we're finishing shopping today! Then we just have to wrap everything.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 6th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things are a little different for us this year, since we're back living with my parents. Usually I'm hugely into Christmas and I decorate and bake and prep for weeks (months sometimes). My dad decorated this year instead, hung the lights and the wreaths outside, and put up a garland on the stair banister inside. We'll probably get the tree this weekend and decorate. Thankfully I brought a box full of sentimental ornaments with us when we moved, so we'll have some of our own stuff for the tree.

I've got most of the Christmas cards addressed and ready to go, I'm just waiting on a few addresses that I've asked my husband to track down about 30 times over the last few weeks.

I'll be making mince pies with my step-mum this weekend, and then over the next few weeks I'll bake up a bunch of tins of peppermint meringues for neighbours, friends, and teachers.

We're doing "Secret Santa" for Christmas this year with my family, since there are a lot of us, and I've already gotten my brother his present. The only other gifts I have to do are for my husband and my daughter. I've made the majority of my daughter's gifts already - thankfully I'm pretty crafty and she asked "Santa" for things that I can make. No idea what to get for my husband. It's always hard to buy gifts for him, since being a stay at home mom, I have no money of "my own"...so anything I buy for him, he basically has bought for himself.

December 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I am 100% not even started yet....

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

December 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're not decorating, so that's one less thing for us to worry about. I'm not baking either so not worrying about that either.

We only have 2 people to shop for, and DH has to do all his shopping for me still. We're finishing up the other 2 people this weekend, so I can pack the box that goes to Iowa and ship it out next week. Then I figure out how I'm packing the 6 plates I got for my sisters so they don't break on my way to California

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
December 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have a tree up inside and thats it. We dont have many decorations for the house because we were never home for Christmas before. And we just havent got around to buy anything now that we are. I may check out the after Christmas sales this year to see what I can pick up. We have a few things up outside but its been pouring here so we havent been able to finish. Baking havent started we only do Christmas cookies and we do that on Christmas Eve. Wrapping my husband and I also do on Christmas Eve. We have about 4 gifts left to buy. We scored on Black Friday and I think this is our least expensive Christmas yet because of it.

December 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Yikes, Christmas cards I haven't even ordered any yet!

December 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'm kind of at a standstill at this point. Presents are mostly done, just not wrapped. I'm in NO mood to bake, so that'll be last minute. Basically I'm just enjoying a little bit of lazy time before the true rush begins.
December 6th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's coming along! I'm done decorating. I don't bake until Christmas is closer. And I'm about 60% with gift buying.
December 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Decorating all done. Gifts are being bought as I think of them. I'm not much of a baker, but we will do gingerbread men and sugar cookies one of these days.
December 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What holiday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search