Minivan Moms

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 09:42 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Calling all minivan moms!

Which minivan do you drive?

How long have you been a "minivan mom"?
Was it a fight, or did you join "the club" willingly?

What do you Like/Love about it?

Anything you Dislike/Hate about it?

If you bought a brand new one tomorrow, would it be the same or a different one? Any specific features you can't live without?

December 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Rochelle
Which minivan do you drive? Mazda MPV

How long have you been a "minivan mom"? for about 6 months.

Was it a fight, or did you join "the club" willingly? Willingly bc it meant I could have more kids. We were in a SUV previously that was falling apart and only seats 5 so I needed something that seats 6+. Once we got the minivan we started hardcore TTC.

What do you Like/Love about it? The spaciousness bc I hated cramming the poor kids so tight before plus it was such a pain to get them out. I also love that ours has the automatic doors that you can open before even reaching the car.

Anything you Dislike/Hate about it? Nothing really.

If you bought a brand new one tomorrow, would it be the same or a different one? Any specific features you can't live without? Not really sure on this bc DH is the car guru who researched it and was hell-bent on getting the MPV. Ours is used and is 10 yrs old but it's still very nice IMO. I love the bucket seats that can be taken out and that the back bench seat folds down. Also our bucket seat on the right side slides over so there's more room for ppl to get by. Oh and I love that the side sliding doors also have windows that go down. I don't like when minivans have those hatch windows that only open a couple inches.
December 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Which minivan do you drive? 2008 Kia Sedona

How long have you been a "minivan mom"? About 6 months maybe, I can't remember, maybe longer.

Was it a fight, or did you join "the club" willingly? I went willingly and happily! I had an SUV that gave us nothing but problems, and I love the sliding doors!!

What do you Like/Love about it? We have a sunroof and dvd player in the back, which are nice bonuses (even though Connor can't see the DVD player since he's still RF'ing lol, but one day he will!) The very best part of my minivan is the automatic sliding doors, and like Rochelle said, it's also nice that the windows go down on the sliding doors as well.

Anything you Dislike/Hate about it? I don't really dislike, but we don't have many seat configurations, our captains chairs don't do anything special except they can be completely removed, but nothing like "stow n go" seating. The two things I miss most from my SUV and my car were having radio controls on my steering wheel and that I have no aux thing to plug my iphone or ipod in to like I did in the suv! OH and I had to settle on the color (silver) , I really want a black or dark blue one next time!

If you bought a brand new one tomorrow, would it be the same or a different one? Any specific features you can't live without? I can't live without automatic sliding doors for sure! I would really love a Toyota Sienna, but the Kia was more in our price range and hasn't given us any problems, so it's a toss up if I'd switch or not!

December 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which minivan do you drive? Honday Odyssey

How long have you been a "minivan mom"? almost a year
Was it a fight, or did you join "the club" willingly? very willingly!

What do you Like/Love about it? I love the space, ability to carry 8 passengers.

Anything you Dislike/Hate about it? Just my model but we didn't get the dvd it was 1800 more. =( boo that

If you bought a brand new one tomorrow, would it be the same or a different one? Any specific features you can't live without? For me? I'd love to get the same van. DH says our next car is for him though and he doesn't want a van. LOL So we'll keep my minivan running as long as possible and he can get his suv.

December 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
[Calling all minivan moms!

Which minivan do you drive? 2011 Toyota Sienna

How long have you been a "minivan mom"? Just got it this summer

Was it a fight, or did you join "the club" willingly? Both? I loved my SUV and had my heart set on a slightly larger SUV like the Tahoe or Mercedes GL. I swore I would never drive a minivan. But it came down to the fact that I couldn't afford the bigger SUVs and afford having another child. So I compromised and got the van and a baby.

What do you Like/Love about it? Everything! Love the automatic doors and power lift gate. Mine also has leather, sunroofs, and we added the DVD player after we bought it. So much room and so comfy for trips!

Anything you Dislike/Hate about it? No complaints

If you bought a brand new one tomorrow, would it be the same or a different one? I'd do the same. We looked at both the Toyota and Honda. Both are great cars, we just got an exceptional deal on the Toyota that we couldn't get on the Honda

Any specific features you can't live without? Leather and heated front seats since I don't have a garage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search