Sweetest Ultrasound photo- Unsettling news

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, you'd think they be able to block it with a thin plastic shield or something or maybe guide it to another less essential organ. I read a story years ago about a woman who had this happen to her and it actually attached to her liver. In fact, the whole baby eventually left her womb and was just hanging out in its sac on her liver. It was touch and go with her for a long while but the baby and mom survived.

I know that it is a very personal decision to make and that what is an acceptable risk for some moms is unacceptable for others. I, personally, would also gamble my bladder if it meant a very good chance of my baby making it to term. However, be prepared for all the lifestyle chances that may mean.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry about the news you got today. You will be in my prayers. It sounds like you have a wonderful team of doctors. Please keep us updated.
Your picture is so cute!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
Wow, what an ordeal you have been given. I am keeping you and baby in my thoughts! I imagine you are having routine u/s to check on the condition? Is there anything that can be done to prevent the placenta from growing further into your bladder while baby is still inside?
There is nothing that can be done to keep the placenta from growing where it is growing sadly boy I wish it had a redirect button. We will be having ultrasounds every 2 weeks so at least they are being very cautious about making sure I am watched
December 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow thats tough. Sending good thoughts your way.
December 9th, 2012, 05:37 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. I don't really know much about your condition but I will keep you in my prayers that there is minimal damage to your bladder or potentially other organs. So scary! Ah, I wish there was more that could be done to prevent problems But I am glad that you have a good team of doctors to watch you closely and often.

December 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm peaking in from the May DDC. Sorry you are dealing with this condition. I pray it works out well for you and baby. I found this story online. I hope it comforts you.
I've Been Through It.. And Survived. Here To Offer Advice Should You Need It.
CartersMommy likes this.

Nichole
December 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a wonderful link! I'm encouraged by all the comments of women who have been through it all and survived. This is going to end very well, I'm sure! You're doing great Mama!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 10th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
Hi, I'm peaking in from the May DDC. Sorry you are dealing with this condition. I pray it works out well for you and baby. I found this story online. I hope it comforts you.
I've Been Through It.. And Survived. Here To Offer Advice Should You Need It.
Thank you very much I had not really searched around for a site and there were lots of stories on there about people dealing with placenta accreta, increta an percreta
December 10th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you got such scary news. I will be praying for you and baby. I never new such a condition even existed. Try to take comfort in knowing many other women and their babies got through it and that you are being watched by a good team of doctors. T&P's for you and your family!!!!
December 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
wow.. that is crazy. i see things like that on tv but i dnt think they happen to normal people lol if that makes any since.. i am hoping that it doesnt ruin anything of yours and you have a full term healthy little baby... i know that seems alot to ask for right nw but stranger things have happened! you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

December 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartersMommy View Post
Thank you very much I had not really searched around for a site and there were lots of stories on there about people dealing with placenta accreta, increta an percreta
I'm glad it was helpful. Good luck to you!

Nichole
December 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow .... that is so scary... you are an amazing woman and mother. I know that God will see you both through this time. Your faith is an inspiration to me
December 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking from July DDC.....I just have to say that you are such an inspiration and I will be praying for your little one (such a cute cute pic) and for you. What an amazing mommy you are.

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you all we truly appreciate all the prayers You ladies are so wonderful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search