Finding out the sex??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 2 Post By LisaS
  • 2 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Veteran
Okay so I have three kids, two daughters ages 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 an a son 16 months. I have never found out the sex of any of them. It was absolutely amazing when my son turned out to be a son! I burst into tears upon the news And all the waiting was worth it! HOWEVER this time I think I want to find out, I know this will be my last as I have caesareans and as you can tell from the ages of my kids life is crazy as is lol!

My question is for any of you mamas who have a couple kids. Did any of you go both ways, the surprise and finding out via u/s?? What was better? Is it worth it to find out or is that surprise worth it!
Not to exclude any first timers or ones who have only gone one way or the other I'd love to hear your reasons for or against finding out!

I just want to add I completely respect each persons individual choices on this topic! Just very interested on your point of views!
December 8th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only have my one little mister, but we're very firm on keeping this baby's sex a surprise. I really just think that there are so few surprises left in life, and I know that hearing "it's a _____" will be one of the best surprises yet!

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

December 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've found out with both of my girls but am considering waiting this time. If this is my last baby, what an amazing surprise it would be to wait
December 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will be my 3rd. I have found out with both kids and was considering waiting with this one...but we have decided to find out again. It's just easier to plan ahead and making rooming arrangements knowing the gender. Plus, I find it just as exciting when the u/s tech says, "are you ready to find out what you're having?".
Rossi_R likes this.

December 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We found out with both of ours, and will with this one too. I wanted to keep it a surprise, but DH can't wait. Plus it helps us bond with the baby better when we can name it and the kids will get to get used to saying the name too. DH says it's a surprise either way...you just have to wait longer if you don't find out via US.
bribugg13 and Rossi_R like this.
December 8th, 2012, 09:34 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm definitely a planner, so there's no way I would be able to wait 9 months before finding out! I agree that it's a surprise either way, and with u/s being wrong sometimes, it could be a REALLY big surprise at 9 months ha ha. But I don't like "gender neutral" so if we're having a girl, I want to buy a lot of pink and have a "girl" nursery ready! And if we're having another boy, I want to know that I won't have to buy hardly anything! lol It will definitely save a lot of money!! Plus, I'm really excited to do the gender reveal party!
Rossi_R and sunnydaze like this.

December 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im a total planner also. And its just as much a suprise when the U/S tech says it too. I feel its easier to bond before knowing the babies name and getting your kids used to the new baby before it comes. Plus i also am not a fan of gender neutral nurserys. Purples and pinks for girls!
CartersMommy likes this.

December 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
I did not find out with my son but did with my daughter. They both were fun! In the end I liked being able to Bargin shop for clothes etc so we are finding out this time.

December 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We tried to wait with our 3rd. We were excited about waiting and then the anterior placenta came into play. I couldnt really feel him moving so not knowing the sex on top of that was hard. So we found out at about 25 weeks. I dont regret it and we will find out this time as well.

December 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Veteran
Thanks everyone! I forgot to mention my DH is and has been very much against finding out! So if I choose too I will be keeping it my little secret! Well maybe not on here.
December 9th, 2012, 04:32 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Will deffo be finding out the sex

December 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to know. I have no patience. Plus, after two boys, I am really very hopeful for a girl.

We plan to have a gender reveal party instead of a baby shower. We are just asking everyone to bring a box of diapers or other baby essentials.

Once I know, I can bargain shop for clothes and whatnot.

December 9th, 2012, 12:01 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
This is our 4th and so far I've found out with all mine. With our second we were told girl then thankfully a month later they did another US and told us boy, he's a healthy little boy! I'm not patient enough to wait. I like to have everything ready and be prepared for baby but I think it would be amazing and worth it to wait. My niece has three girls and with her second she waited until she was born. She found out with her third. I'm not sure why she decided not to wait again.

December 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did not find out with my son and I really did like it as a whole though once he was born I didnt get that big "Its a..." moment like I was hoping so that was a bit of a let down. In all honesty if it wasnt for the fact that we just moved and I have some plans I want to do with the nursery and other things I wouldnt want to find out again as I did like the experience and it is what I am use to since this is only my 2nd pregnancy but Im finding out this time so who knows maybe itll be fun this way too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search