The Holidays

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 05:03 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
How do the holidays work in your family? Do you travel to multiple homes to celebrate? Does everyone come to you? Do you spend a nice, quiet holiday with just your family? Or something even crazier?

Since my parents and the ILs are separated by several states, we started traveling and doing the "every other holiday" thing. So last year we did Thanksgiving in FL and Christmas in NC, this year we did Thanksgiving in NC and we will be traveling to FL for Christmas.

With any luck, we will be in a HOUSE next year, and I plan on staying home and letting everyone come to US!! I'm tired of traveling and Connor is getting to the age that I want him to wake up every Christmas morning in his own home!

December 11th, 2012, 05:18 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We used to drive ALL FREAKING OVER. Then my grandparents passed, and DH's family decided I am the devil, so now we make the short trip to my parents' house and spend the rest of the time at home. We alternate with my BIL, the only inlaw who doesn't hate me, and this is our year to host him and his family. It is so nice to not have all that pressure each year.
December 11th, 2012, 07:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Since everyone is close, we do go to everyone's house. Thanksgiving is always at my house. Christmas Eve we go to my parents' to spend with my family. My MIL comes too because she otherwise would be alone Christmas Eve. We do a big dinner and then open presents. On Christmas morning, it's just our little family first thing. We open our presents, and then get ready. We have lunch with DH's family at his sister's house and open presents there too.
December 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first christmas with SO, but also without DD she'll be going to GA to visit her grandparents with her dad and we'll be going to SO's mom's for breakfast and presents then his grandparent's for lunch/dinner and his dad's at some point either Christmas eve or day

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 11th, 2012, 07:39 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christmas Eve - I host my Mom's side of the family for dinner and we all open presents. About 25 or so.
Christmas Day - DH's immediate family for dinner. There's only about 10.

We don't see my Dad's side too often since they live out in Ohio now and DH's mom doesn't speak to her brothers since her mom passed so it's a lot quieter now then it used to be. LOL

December 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
We will open the kids' presents here, then go to my aunt and uncle's house for breakfast, then head to my step mom's house for brunch. Probably come home and relax for a couple hours before heading out to my grandparent's house (my dad's parents) and spending most of the night there. It's my very favorite thing about Christmas, we have a big family!
December 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
This year we are not doing anything. My parents are coming up the weekend before for my daughters dance recital and doing Christmas then. We are the ones who usual travel though.

December 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since my family and DH's family live in different states, we do Christmas every other year with alternating families. When I expressed concern about the Iowa family getting baby's first Christmas next year, my mom told me not to worry, they can have the first Christmas, she wants second Christmas, and she said they would come to us

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
December 11th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our Christmas Eve is usually super busy. We go to Brian's grandpa's house in the morning (eat seafood, open gifts) leave at 4 to go to my dad's (open gifts with my siblings & their families), then across the street to my grandma's house (eat dinner and open gifts), then to Brian's parents house to open gifts.

This year Brian has to work, so we won't make it to his grandpa's, but we will go to everything else.

On Christmas day, we just eat dinner with my in-laws.
December 12th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We travel but not very far at all. We will go to my in laws the Sunday before the holiday and my parents that Saturday before the holiday. Then after we open gifts at home on Christmas Day, we will head over to my parents for breakfast. 2 WEEKS!!!
December 12th, 2012, 06:28 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going to his parent's friends house on Christmas Eve for dinner, then my immediate family comes to my house to open gifts, then from there my parents go with us to my in-laws house for presents and brunch. This year my husband's grandparents are coming in from Mississippi so we are all excited to have them here with us.

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search