Trimester testing and early Gender from NT Scan

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was my NT scan. Instead of the NT measurement and 2 series blood test, I opted for the MatrniT21 blood test and sonogram. It will take a little longer to get the results, but it is much more difinitive. I should have the results by end of next week.

JuneBug was jumping all over the place yesterday during the scan. The Dr. could barely get the measurements he needed. The Dr. asked me "So, you said you have a busy 2 year old boy now? How was he during the Sonograms?" I told him, pretty crazy. The Dr. had trouble getting measurements. Funny how it matches his personality now. A little later in the scan the Dr. said, "Well, just prepare yourself for another just as busy"

Early gender guess is a boy. He showed us the boy parts, so we have started the name search in earnest now. We will confirm the gender on Jan. 3.
CartersMommy likes this.
December 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boys are a handful but man are they fun, as you well know. Brothers are sweet (when they get along)

December 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How exciting!

December 12th, 2012, 11:26 AM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Very exciting! My little bean was ALL over the place during my NT scan, too. Kinda makes me wonder if I have another little boy in there. As of right now we're steadfastly Team Green so I guess I won't know for awhile.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

December 12th, 2012, 01:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on another sweet little boy! Looks like we are already starting to accumulate a pretty good size team blue for this early in the game!

December 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How far along are you? My daughter was never jumping all around on the ultrasound and this one was just lounging back during the NT scan. Occasionally he/she would move like they had the hiccups but not moving and waving like I hear some ladies talking about! I wonder...

December 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 12w3d at this scan. Close to the same last time. Don't worry, some babies are just more laid back than others. My son is very full of energy now and he was during all my ultrasounds. He def. runs circles around most of his peers LOL
December 12th, 2012, 05:45 PM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh fun!!! I love having two boys Oh funny my scan that they will most likely tell me the gender is Jan 3rd also!
December 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Super Mommy
omg early prediction! I am hoping so much to get an early gender prediction at my ultrasound tomorrow! I will be 12 weeks 6 days tomorrow! Congrats on your early prediction <3
December 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. I was 13 weeks at my NT scan and they never mentioned early prediction. I'm jealous! But baby was just lounging and I ha to get up and walk around a while before he/she would flip over so they could measure. hah. So they probably didn't have a chance at looking at anything. Congrats on the early prediction! And good luck with the name search!

December 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for an early prediction! My daughter was always wild during u/s's too....and it hasn't changed either.
December 13th, 2012, 05:52 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
yeah Kat!! sounds great!! B needs a brother!!!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search