Team Green, anybody else going to torture themselves????

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Mitza1013
  • 3 Post By DaniB+3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure if this has been posted or not before becuase my pregnancy brain can't remember much of anything lately

We have decided not to find out. Honestly it is my husband's desire not to know and with my two daughters (from a previous marriage) I did find out so. I am a planner and I love to shop specifically for girl or boy, especially for all the cute hair bows and things for little girls.

Anyways, I was so excited to find some baby bedding that isn't just plain old green or plain old yellow. It is so cute, it is from a website called Beyond Bedding. Love it!!! It is gray, white and has splashes of yellow. I am sold!

That is helping to make the not knowing part easier for me.

Anybody else not finding out?

~Kristin~
December 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I think we are finding out. We are waiting for a lovel 2 u/a to be scheduled near end of jan for the gender reveal and of course other things.

I am a planner too. I plan on making diaper covers and hats and what not. I would prefer to make them gender specific.

My husband didn't want to know. But I did and told him the reasons. Now he does want to find out. I would LOVE the surprise but I'm not too sure I can wait.
Karen78 likes this.
December 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am about 95% sure we are going to be team green. I sort of want to know since we already have 2 boys but I think I want the surprise more than knowing. I am excited to have my husband announce once the baby is born and all the surprise that goes along with that.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We tried team green and caved. We are finding out this time.
princess136 likes this.

December 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We aren't finding out, but no torture here. We didn't find out with our other two either.
December 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im finding out this time since I just moved and I need to know what to do with Drake's things, also I want to do my own newborn photos and I need time to aquire props and such so it makes sense this time for me but I didnt find out with my son and I really did enjoy it. If I have another I might go back to team green
December 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We are team green! Did it with dd and I really loved it! After a while, the desire for us to find out wasn't strong at all and we just went with the flow.
December 13th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Team green here too! I don't think of it as torture. I loved not knowing with DD. And we had plenty of time to buy all the cute girl stuff after she was born. There is nothing like finding out in the delivery room who's been in there all this time. It's such an amazing surprise. I am of course dying to know like everyone else...but it's worth the wait. The baby will be in our room for the first few months any way, so we will have plenty of time to pick out cute gender specific stuff and get the room ready.
princess136 likes this.
December 13th, 2012, 04:51 AM
We were team green with our first son, but only because we couldnt tell at the ultrasound. It was an amazing experience, however this will most likely be our last child, and we want to be able to go overly blue or pink, so if we can find out at our U/S in 2 weeks we will. If we can't then we will join team green. Hoping for team pink though!
December 13th, 2012, 04:56 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I want to be team green, Hubby not so much haha

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

December 13th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Rochelle
Team green for the 3rd out of 4 times I've been pg. We found out only with DS but the girls were both surprises. I would like to find out but DH is adamant to be surprised and I support that so I can wait again. But it is kinda torture for me, I'll admit. I want a boy pretty bad.
December 13th, 2012, 07:49 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are Team Green. I found out with the twins and with my son, and since this is our last baby we thought it'd be fun to have a big surprise at the end. I really don't feel like it will be torture - I have two girls and one boy so I'm not aching for one gender or another. Plus a baby born in late June or early July doesn't need much more than some onesies, diapers and a boob .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

December 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As evidenced by my previous post (very likely team blue), obviously, we are finding out. And I can't wait to buy stuff for this little guy.. <3

Maybe if/when we have another, we'll be team green..

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB+3 View Post
We are Team Green. I found out with the twins and with my son, and since this is our last baby we thought it'd be fun to have a big surprise at the end. I really don't feel like it will be torture - I have two girls and one boy so I'm not aching for one gender or another. Plus a baby born in late June or early July doesn't need much more than some onesies, diapers and a boob .
So true!!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We didn't find out with DD and we will not with the twins either DH likes to announce it.

December 16th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my daughter, when we got the 20 week scan, she just wouldn't cooperate and show us the goods. The tech tried for almost an hour before giving up. My insurance wouldn't cover any more ultrasounds unless it was medically necessary, and so we resigned ourselves to not knowing. I didn't enjoy it. I wanted to know so badly! Right at the end of the pregnancy - 36 weeks - we found a coupon for a 3D ultrasound (they were just getting popular back then) and decided to try it. We weren't even thinking that we'd find out the gender because I was so far along that the technician said we'd be lucky to even get a good picture of the baby's face. Instead, as soon as the first image came up, we all knew exactly what we were looking at...girl parts! I was so excited I cried, and my husband was speechless with joy, and we just hugged each other. After the ultrasound, we spent the next hour calling everyone to tell them the news and then I spent the next few weeks buying as much girlie stuff as I could.

For me, finding out at any point is special and exciting - it just allows me to prep better when I know ahead of time. So we will definitely not be remaining team green!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search