video baby monitors?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have one? Will you get one?

I only had the audio with both my boys, but my brother got one that somehow connects to the tv in his bedroom and if he flips to a certain channel, he can see the camera in his daughter's room...

I couldn't decide if that was cool or creepy lol

I wouldn't want anyone watching me while I slept.

So now I have a big internal war going about it. Is this frivilous and a money suck or is it awesome?

December 13th, 2012, 12:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't have monitors. We bed share and room together for awhile and as infants they nap in the same room I'm in so we haven't needed one.

December 13th, 2012, 12:55 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be getting one with two monitors. Even though we will bedshare with the baby for 6 months after that we will use one....our bedroom is on a different floor. And I still have one in DDs room so I can hear her if she gets sick or has a bad dream. And there have been times I wished i could peek at her without opening her door. Shes a light sleeper so opening the door will wake her.

December 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have one with 2 monitors...didn't use it til DD went to her own room at 18 months, but it was nice peace of mind. DS always wanted his own space, so I liked waking up and being able to glance over at him even though he was in the other room.
December 13th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
LOVE ours! DD is almost 3 and it is still on every night. I'm trying to figure out how to disguise the camera so we can keep it in her room until she is 18. Lol Seriously though, I think it is great to be able to see what they are doing when they are little. The only time I turn on the video now is when I hear her talking or making noise during the night. Most of the time she is talking in her sleep and I don't have to get up to check on her when I can see she is still asleep. Well worth the money for us!
December 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't decided. I like them but I guess I would need two so I could aim one on each baby when they get older. I guess we'll see when we get to that point.
December 13th, 2012, 08:37 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a pretty small apartment so we don't use or really have the need for monitors but they are pretty cool!

December 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've never had a video monitor before. I have always use the cheap ones until they died. I think they are cool, but they were expensive when I did my registry with Lily so I didn't request one
December 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a video one that we still use for my son. Its cute to watch him in there playing sleeping whatever I probably will go to just audio for him though after we have the baby and they move to their own room (around 5-6 months I think)
December 14th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had one with DD and I loved it. I would still be using it if it hadn't died on us. We will be getting another one for this baby.
December 14th, 2012, 05:42 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bedshared with B until 18 months, so we only had audio for naps etc. Now that he is in his own room and my sister gave us a video, I will never ever go back!!
December 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only used audio with DD and now don't use one at all. In fact, the one I have doesn't work very well anyway. But since baby will be in our room for at least 6 months, I don't know if I want video or not.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I have video for my son and I love it!!! I think it's so cute when you tune in and see them playing and laughing (when he was 6 months). The night vision on it is amazing! I love it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search