Private Subforum Guidelines Discussion

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 2 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By dmreed32
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I think now would be a good time to discuss guidelines for our private forum. I think for now a set time on JM and a starting point for posts or time in our DDC. These can be adjusted as time goes on and we become closer. Before my Nov PR moved to FB we had very strict guidelines for our private forum after we had been together for 3 years. So they can always be changed. So I want to get everyone's input.

December 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is not a huge concern for me so whatever other people are okay with is fine with me!

December 13th, 2012, 06:06 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a big concern for me either....I don't think I ever posted in my previous ddc's private forum. I know I wasn't very active in it at least - I always forgot to check it. LOL

December 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Veteran
Eh - If it is something that private, you probably shouldn't be posting it on the internet anyway.

December 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's more so for those tmi posts people would like a little less public or the vent about a sil that maybe on JM, it's not neccessarily a place for super private stuff but if no one wants one that's fine we don't have to have one.

Last edited by navywifey2003; December 13th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
December 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
In other PRs, our rules were that you had to be active on the board for a specific amount of time and have a certain number of threads/posts. And then you have to request the password from the host. In one PR, we have been on there since 2007 so we post our addresses for Christmas card exchanges, some post pics of their kids because they don't post them in a public forum, etc. I have made use of the private forums before
4hearts and sunnydaze like this.
December 13th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I've never posted in my other ddc's private forums. Don't think it was used a lot. So I don't mind.
December 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it will be nice to have! Just a minimum post maybe and then maintaining some activity in the public DDC forum. Like maybe a certain amount of posts per month or something? I don't know.. I haven't been on JM for very long.
mommyandwife08 and sunnydaze like this.

December 13th, 2012, 08:26 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I think the main concern should be posts on our board not time at JM. Many of us just joined after finding out we were pregnant. I was very active and a co host on my sheknows board my first pregnancy but that place was dead so I registered here
TeresaV likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What ever post amounts that are decided on are fine with me. This is a very easy going group it looks like. Love it!!
I know i will use the private subforum. I don't post pictures on here so that would be nice. I liked having the option of using one in my last DDC.
4hearts likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 13th, 2012, 11:05 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
I will definitely use the private subforum. So long as it requires the posters to have been active in our group I am not too picky with numbers.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

December 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like to have one. I am keeping pictures and personal info off of here but I would feel more comfortable posting those things there.

December 14th, 2012, 05:40 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you find out what the avg. post count is per member of our DDC? I think my Dec. DDC was something 200 posts in the DDC before gaining access to the private forum. I also think it is something that we will evaluate as time goes on. I know that if someone tried to get into our private FB group now after almost 3 years together, stuff would hit the fan.

I did use the private forums because there are some things I don't want searchable on the interwebs. Not that I post super private info, but I have a snoopy IL that stays with us a couple of times a year.
December 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with a minimum number of posts in our DDC. And maybe a minimum posts per month on the public board.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 14th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
It's more so for those tmi posts people would like a little less public or the vent about a sil that maybe on JM
Hmmm....well, my SIL is Steph625 and she's in THIS ddc. Haha! But she's awesome so I'd never have a vent about her anyways.

I'll go with the flow. Not sure if I'd post much in the private forum, but I can see why it'd be nice to have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search