New (sort of) - Can I get excited yet?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hopeful2BMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies!

I've been lurking around here now for two months, but I promised myself I would not post here, or do anything else baby related, until I got to 12 weeks. Well, today is the day. I am exactly 12 weeks along. I had an ultrasound today and baby was measuring 12 weeks 1 day with a heartbeat in the 160s. All looked well.

The reason I'm so reluctant is because I've been down this road before. I have healthy five year old twin girls, for which I'm very thankful, but this was my third pregnancy this year. I lost the first at just over 7 weeks, and the second at 10 weeks (although the baby had passed around 9 weeks). Both of the other pregnancies had healthy heartbeats, but that didn't stop them from ending. Hence my immense fear this time around. I have low progesterone, so I've been on massive supplements. I didn't see a doctor until 10 weeks though, so I just started using the suppositories myself a few days after conception. I take three pills a day (yuck). Even with all of that, when I had my progesterone checked at 10 weeks it was only at 25....which is ok, but certainly less than you'd expect from a lady taking 600mg of supplements each day.

Anyway, the placenta supposedly takes over progesterone production by 12 weeks, so I'm just hoping that baby held on long enough, and that my numbers are soaring now. I had a blood draw today and will get the results tomorrow. If my progesterone looks good, I can start to wean off of the supplements (thank god) and hopefully just have a normal pregnancy.

So what do you think? Am I safe yet? I know that no one can promise me a healthy baby 6 months from now....but do you think it's safe to tell now? Literally no one in the world besides me, DH and the doctor knows. I would love to tell my girls that they are going to be big sisters - they'll be so excited - but I just can't bear to dissappoint them if the worst happens. I'm so glad I didn't tell them about either of the other two pregnancies. It would be hard to explain what happened to them.

I have another ultraound in 2 weeks (just because the tech is practicing her nuchal test skills, so she's giving me a freebie). Other than that, I'll be back at the doctor at 16 weeks, but he'll just check for a hb. I so hope that I can stay here with all of you until the end. Praying this is my rainbow baby....
December 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Welcome! I will be hoping for good news at the next u/s
December 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! and Congrats
I think making it to 12 weeks is a big deal, but you should wait until you are comfortable before telling the world. Only you will know when that is.
I'm sorry to hear about your losses, and I hope this is your rainbow baby!
I'm excited to get to know you more through your posts.
navywifey2003 and zkat like this.
December 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congratulations! I am sorry to hear about your previous losses. We are happy to have you. I can't tell you when the right time to tell everyone would be, but I think it is great that you have made it to 12 weeks and that is a landmark in itself! I hope you continue to get great news and your progesterone stays good.

December 13th, 2012, 07:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Welcome! We are so happy to have you! I agree with the ladies above only you will know when it's time. I hope you get your rainbow baby!

December 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Hope all goes well for you!!

December 14th, 2012, 03:05 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope all goes well for you! Welcome to our DDC!!

December 14th, 2012, 03:55 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
Welcome!

December 14th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! I'm sorry for your losses. I hope everything goes perfect with this baby.
December 14th, 2012, 04:22 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome.

I am sorry for you losses. The others are right, you are the only one that knows when it is right to tell the world. I prefer to stay in hiding until say, post delivery, but that never happens. Honestly, I don't tell until after a heartbeat and end of the first tri. I never feel comfortable because I am so high risk, but I am learning to embrace and enjoy the ride.
December 14th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we are pulling for you and your bean!! Welcome to the DDC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search