Moving in the middle of pregnancy

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 06:11 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Well, DH has accepted the offer on one of the jobs he applied for - FINALLY! Which means we will be moving to Jacksonville, FL....soon....as in, when we go down for Christmas, as originally planned, DH won't be coming back!

Connor and I will be moving in with my parents for the interim, until we figure out housing situation and such in FL. The original plan was for me to stay in NC until we had a house in FL, but I don't think that is going to be possible now that I'm pregnant. I'm guessing our new insurance won't cover me here in NC, and I'm going to have to visit doctors (and give birth, duh!!) in FL.

The one great thing is that midwives are allowed to practice in FL (they aren't in NC) and they actually have multiple midwifery centers there!! I'm very excited, but also nervous that they may not accept me because of my previous C/S. I'm going to be calling them this week and hope for the best!

I've never been in this type of situation, it's definitely scary, stressful and nervewracking!! But I know it's best for our family and we will be so much better off! It's the interim part that is going to super SUCK!! At least DH's parents have said that we can ALL move in with them if it comes down to it, while we house hunt! We're looking for a foreclosure though, so that's going to take a bit longer than just buying a regular house! *sigh* So much to do, it's going to be crazy here the next couple of weeks! And I thought Christmas was stressful enough!! UGH!!!

December 14th, 2012, 06:26 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry y'all are so stressed but yay to DH for getting that job! We are going to be moving here in about a month (so i will be roughly 18 weeks pregnant) so I totally get how you are feeling. That is great that you might get to use midwives! Good luck on the move and I will say a prayer that y'all find a house quickly!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 14th, 2012, 06:52 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww that's stressful with the timing but everything will work out. We just moved and I just take it slow so we still have a lot of boxes but we can survive since I'm often too tired after work to do much.
December 14th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
That's great that your husband got a job!! Woo hoo! That's one stress out of the way, but I know how moving causes more! When I was pregnant with my son, we sold our house and had to find a new one. We moved in with my in-laws for about 2 1/2 months while we looked around. It's nice to have family willing to help out like that, isn't it?! The plus of being pregnant is that you don't have to move much! I was 7 1/2 months pregnant when we moved into our new house. Hooray for help!!

December 14th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Super sucky that you'll be without DH for a little while but congrats on the new life changes!! Sounds like long term it'll be wonderful for you and your family I moved when i was 5months pg with DD and this time near the beginning of my pregnancy. Moving while pregnant is never really fun haha (in fact moving in general isn't) but it sounds kind of exciting in your situation! Hopefully you find a house when in Florida but if not at least there's a plan B incase that takes longer than anticipated. Good luck and congrats!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
December 14th, 2012, 05:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the job. I am sorry about the timing, but hopefully you get some good news from the midwives down there!

December 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay, sounds hectic but exciting!! Good luck finding a great house and new health care provider!

December 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're so stressed! The baby's dad and I will be moving probably the first of march to be closer to my mom and stepdad.

It'll all work out and you'll get settled and not even remember how stressful this was after it's all done. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search