NOTHING sounds good to eat....

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of a sudden the last few days, I have had the HARDEST time eating. I am hungry.. but absolutely nothing sounds good. It sucks because it is making my energy tank and I have already lost a couple pounds. Even when I am not nauseated, I just cannot get myself in the mood for anything. Cravings are gone and nothing sounds TERRIBLE, just not good either..

Grrr... this is frustrating!

December 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I've been having the same problem! I am hoping it is just another "phase".
December 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Veteran
Same problem here too. It sucks! I just want to eat and can't. I'd rather have craving, but I really haven't had many.

December 15th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I would rather have my cravings back too. I could just gag at the thought of eating again but I have only had a piece of pizza, an apple and a piece of toast today. I hope this passes quickly.

December 16th, 2012, 08:21 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Yep, I'm dealing with it too. I had it with my last pregnancy too. After the nausea finally disappeared at 19 weeks, I was hoping to get some cravings. Instead I spent the rest of my pregnancy not really wanting to eat anything. It was kind of depressing.
December 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going through the same thing....except mine is more of an "I don't want to eat the same thing again" and I'm tired of eating out as nothing sounds good anymore and I have no energy to Cook

December 16th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I am having the same problem.. in fact, all I've eaten today is a biscuit with a little jelly..

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here. I will stand in front of the fridge or the pantry forever and not be able to decide on anything. And if I choose the wrong thing, I can't eat it. It's super frustrating! Every now and then I will actually crave something, but those times are few and far between now.
December 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another thing that's sucks is we had to move with my boyfriend's parents and his dad is the Cook and he cooks all this food he KNOWS I don't like. I love to Cook but I don't get home from work until 730pm most nights and they say by the time I cook and dinner is ready, it'll be too late to eat. Therefore most nights I'm eating a bowl of cereal, salad or a sandwich and it's getting very old. (we moved in here because I get about $650 each check and couldn't afford a $900 a month rent plus bills one kid already and one on the way since boyfriend got laid off this past August. Ugh! I'm ready to move out and be able to cook whatever and whenever I want!

December 17th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm there too. Nothing sounds good, and I have absolutely no decision making capabilities these days. I'm so indecisive about everything. And everything seems like too much bother. I'll make food for my family, but when it comes to myself I could just care less. I'm still -2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and this apathy towards food isn't helping!

December 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I found antacids to be one of my new food groups It is probably pretty normal.
MrsLat likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidan View Post
Another thing that's sucks is we had to move with my boyfriend's parents and his dad is the Cook and he cooks all this food he KNOWS I don't like. I love to Cook but I don't get home from work until 730pm most nights and they say by the time I cook and dinner is ready, it'll be too late to eat. Therefore most nights I'm eating a bowl of cereal, salad or a sandwich and it's getting very old. (we moved in here because I get about $650 each check and couldn't afford a $900 a month rent plus bills one kid already and one on the way since boyfriend got laid off this past August. Ugh! I'm ready to move out and be able to cook whatever and whenever I want!
I am so sorry . Living with family is sooooo hard. We spent a lot of time living with my parents the last time I was pregnant and I hate about 75% of my mom's casseroles, which is all she makes, lol. I hope some things turn around and your boyfriend can find a job so you can get your own place again.

December 18th, 2012, 04:42 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to know I am not the only one in this boat. DH keeps pushing food on me but nothing sounds good. Not even a ham sandwhich, which has been my staple up to the point. Last pregnancy food was AMAZING, which is part of the reason I gain 50+ pounds.

Teresa - that really sucks. I hope you can get out on your own soon. Rent here has just skyrockted the last couple of years. When you get ready to get out on your own again, let me know. I oversee apartments in Dallas and can help give you some pointers on finding a decent place for a reasonable $
December 18th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Somehow I haven't gained any weight.....but i'm eating like total crap. Nothing ever sounds good and then suddenly i'll eat pizza, or mozzarella sticks....or something equal as horrible for me. I eat salad everyday but now I HAVE to put chopped pickles in it or it makes me nauseated. Overall though I can usually only manage to eat once or twice a day (but I think what I eat during those meals makes up my calories and fat for an entire day haha)

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
December 18th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would murder a steak and some mashed red potatoes
Joanne Nicole likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I was super excited because last night I was dying for some Arby's and I ate it and it was heavenly. But, again, today I am here... I was barely able to choke down some OJ and Ramen (odd combo, I know). Booo.... I am losing weight. I am down 3 lbs I think.

December 18th, 2012, 03:04 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am in the same boat and have been this entire pregnancy. nothing sounds or looks good to me. plus vomiting up my food has given me several aversions. it is hard to eat something again once you have seen it in reverse! i have lost even more weight since my last OB appt so today i got a lecture about needing to eat and drink more. i wish it were that easy

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search