Please pray for the Elementary School Shooting Victims

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, seriously... what is going on with the world? 27 people killed today in a Connecticut Elementary... mostly children. Please pray for them and their families. It is things like this that DO make me scared for the world my children are going to grow up in.

I am going to go say a prayer.

December 14th, 2012, 03:49 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have a kindergartener and I just can't imagine. I've been off most of the day with my babies. Hugging them a little tighter than usual.

December 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
It's so awful. I had to stop myself from picking my kids up early just to hug them.
December 14th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tried to stay away from the news and FB and enjoy the day with my sweet girl. I know if I paid attention to all the talk and discussion about it, all I would do all day is cry and cry and cry.

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I agree, every time I think about it, read about it, or hear someone talking about it, I get teary-eyed. I was pretty much sobbing in my car this afternoon while reading facebook. It's just horrible beyond words. With as many school shootings as there have been, you just never expect it in an innocent elementary school.

December 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The news showed a clip of a man who was extremely distraught (I assumed a dad who had just heard his child was killed) and I lost it. I cannot imagine loosing a child and the thought of those poor parents makes me extremely sad. I had to stop watching it.

December 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Today is just a horrible day. There was also a man in China today that slashed 22 elementary kids and their teacher today. What the hell?!! Praying for the victims and their families.

Last edited by Karen78; December 14th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
December 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen78 View Post
Today is just a horrible day. There was also a man in China today that slashed 22 elementary kids and their teacher today. What the hell?!! Praying for the victims and their families.
Really?! OMG! I hadn't heard that. I think I am moving my family into an underground bomb shelter and homeschooling and never leaving. Not serious, of course, but it is getting scary out there!
Karen78 likes this.

December 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have a kindergartener and it makes me absolutely ill to think anyone could do this. I can't help but picture the fear those poor babies must have felt. When I picked my daughter up today, I almost lost it in the hallway because all I could think about was the fact that it was a class full of kids just their age.

I've had to take a break from the news as well. I caught a clip earlier of one of the K or 1st grade teachers talking about how she shoved her whole class in the bathroom and barricaded them in. I was sobbing when she started talking about how she was telling them all how much she loved them.

That whole community is my prayers.

December 14th, 2012, 07:33 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive bawled alot today. And I think we are all hugging our kids a little tighter today. I cant understand how anyone could do that to children. RIP little angels. Prayers to your families who lost your precious souls so near the holidays And RIP to those brave brave teachers, who gave their lives in an attempt to save those children.

December 15th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Super Mommy
this happened 15 minutes from my house
December 15th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Super Mommy
Such a horrible horrible thing to happen. I almost can't believe that someone would do that to a bunch of little kids! It's absolutely disgusting and makes me want to homeschool even more than I already do. Praying for those poor poor families, what an awful thing to go through.
December 15th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Veteran
I was sick to my stomach learning about this on the news yesterday.. I am so scared for what's happening in this world and I am praying also for our children to be safe in it.. for us all to be safe in it. Such a truly terrifying thing My hearts go out to the victims and their families <3
December 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenna View Post
this happened 15 minutes from my house
OMG Karenna! How scary!!! Gosh I hope you and your family didnt loose anyone or have a child in that school.

December 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
So incredibly sad. We've gotten some coverage of it here but I'm getting all my info from the internet. How horrible. I can't even imagine
December 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 5 and 6 yr old and I just cannot imagine anything this horrific happening to them. I seen where the pastor had to tell a little boy his sister had passed away and that just really got to me as well.. my oldest 2 are so close I could not even imagine seeing my child in pain from losing a sibling as well. This is horrific and heartwrenching .. what a sick evil person he was to take such innocent lives.

December 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My cousin's husband is a teacher there. He is fine and so are his kids. But it really hit my family close to home. I can't even watch the news without crying.

December 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just sickened and devastated. It literally makes me feel like throwing up. I am a teacher at an elementary school and it is very scary when we practice lockdown and have discussions about this in staff meetings as a preparation. It makes it all too real, I have had nightmares about it in the past and now after this I am going to be on super alert more than I even am. When I am outside with them I am constantly scanning the perimeter of the playground as we have had a few scares with crazy parents who have restraining orders trying to come see/take kids. So so scary.

All the poor children who are forever changed after witnessing this.

I am wondering how he got in the school or did they let him in because he was the son of a teacher and they knew him? At my school it is locked with a buzzer system that you have to show id to enter.

December 16th, 2012, 04:02 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
this has had me in tears, every time i hear it on the news, and i dont live in the US

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search