Boppy or other maternity pillows

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have any of you tried one before? What are your opinions? I'm already getting uncomfortable at night with my back hurting.
December 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't tried them because everyone I asked had a different/mixed opinion. I just have used a regular body pillow. But if you get one and like it, let me know!

December 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For me with my last pregnancy, the most important thing was to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, otherwise my hips would KILL me!! I am already getting that this time too.

I did buy a special kidney-shaped pregnancy pillow last time, and I still have it, it was good and I used it a lot. But I really think any small firm throw pillow or whatever can do the trick too.

I remember when I got huge I would take like 4-5 pillows from all over the house and build a nest for myself to prop myself into just the right position... got several months before we get to that though!!! Lol

December 14th, 2012, 10:39 PM
You ladies are so funny. It's quite interesting to see that this soon, we have to go through the ringer finding some form of comfort. I am feeling what you're feeling!

I'm considering buying that Bed Rest Pillow because laying on my sides actually hurts quite often. I find myself propping my pillows in a way that has me sitting up sleeping. But yes when I do manage to briefly rest/nap on one of my sides, there HAS to be a pillow right under my ribcage to take the weight off my stomach.

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

December 14th, 2012, 10:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Toysrus

I have this one. I bought it at a consignment shop for 12 dollars. I loved it!

December 15th, 2012, 05:09 AM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
My mom just bought me one as a Christmas present I absolutely LOVED the one I had with my first pregnant the only problem I had with the one last time is I had to also put a pillow under my back so we got one that goes around my back to this time I'm so excited to get it!!

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

December 15th, 2012, 05:30 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I had a Snoogle with Connor and used it once then sold it. I hated it, I couldn't get comfortable with it, it was too stiff and rigid and was not as near as comfy as the ad made it seem! lol I used my regular body pillow just fine the rest of the time, and this time I'm just using a regular pillow between my legs, I'm sure I'll switch to my body pillow at some point.

December 15th, 2012, 06:07 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have a little pregnancy wedge pillow that I'll put under my belly when it gets bigger. I also have to have one between my knees to help with my hips. It's usually the last trimester that I have problems getting comfortable
December 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
I had a Snoogle with Connor and used it once then sold it. I hated it, I couldn't get comfortable with it, it was too stiff and rigid and was not as near as comfy as the ad made it seem! lol I used my regular body pillow just fine the rest of the time, and this time I'm just using a regular pillow between my legs, I'm sure I'll switch to my body pillow at some point.
The pros of buying it at a consignment shop it was already broken in. hehe.
bribugg13 likes this.

December 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sleep with a pillow between my knees. I had a body pillow with Sebastian I would wedge under my belly when I got bigger that helped a lot. My husband likes to cuddle when he sleeps but I put off so much heat at night, I don't like it. We get sweaty. So he stole my pink body pillow and hugs it all night.

Don't tell him I told you!

I will probably get another body pillow since the old one is flat and worn out from Jereme.
MrsLat likes this.

December 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I am wanting to try one of those this pregnancy. i always use like 5 pillows to get comfortable.

December 15th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Veteran
I use a boppy maternity pillow. I love it! I didn't get it until I was about 8 months with my son, and it was south nicer than using 4 or 5 pillows, cause they'd fall off or move around.

December 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a body pillow, but I want the snoogle pillow. I like to use my body pillow between my legs and to lay on and as a pillow and it isn't long enough for all of that. Haha. I was at Burlington Coat Factory (that also had a Baby Depot in it) last night and they had one for $40 instead of $65 like at babies r us. I would have bought it, but we are out of town & have to fly home today and I wouldn't be able to take it. So, I'm going to go check at our Burlington when I get home!
December 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought a wedge pillow at Thyme Maternity last pregnancy (I don't know if this is just a Canadian store or not). Its relatively small but it made sleeping alot more comfortable as soon as my belly got a little bigger. I just put a regular pillow between my legs and then the wedge under the belly on my side.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
December 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just use a regular pillow off the couch between my knees.
December 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I found the snoogle pillow at the Burlington here and even though I just got it yesterday and have used it once, I love it. So cozy. I'm glad I bought it (and found it there cheaper), I kind of wish I had sooner! However, I'm going to get used to it and then be gone for Christmas and that will be sad! Haha. If we were driving I would take it, but it's too big to fly... It would need it's own suitcase. Lol.
December 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just make my DH put up with me using him as a pillow

December 22nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just had a regular body pillow for all the kids. When I was pg with my third, dh and the boys had gone to the store and when they came back they had a big body pillow that matched my bed. I was very impressed, but then dh said that my oldest son had actually told dh that they needed to get it for me and I started crying. I thought, "How Sweet!" I'll probably just use a regular body pillow again. It works well until about the last few weeks when it's just impossible for me to sleep in any position.

December 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with DD, I had to have quite the system to get to sleep. I used a snoogle with my head on one end, the other end between my legs, and the long part supporting my back. Then I had the boppy wedge under my belly. That was the only way I could be comfortable enough to sleep. The cover for the snoogle is pretty rough and uncomfortable, so I ordered a jersey knit cover on amazon just now. The reviews said it made it a lot more comfortable. I will find out on Wednesday night.
December 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
My snoogle didn't come with a cover & I've been using it without one. But I ordered one off of amazon that I hope is cozy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search