What kind of phone do you have?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just wondering because I just switched providers so I could get an iphone! I have never ever had a smart phone and I have always wanted an iphone. We decided that when our contracts ran out we were going to do it for Christmas presents for each other. I am sad because they didn't have it in stock and had to order but it will be here Tuesday.

Anyway, what kind of phone do you have?

Do you have a really good case or just a snap on?

I ordered a really cute padded pouch for it in etsy and then I was going to get a Vera Bradley snap on case. Now after talking to the guy, he said they break very easily and suggested the Otterbox. If I get one, I don't think it will fit in my pouch. Sorry I am just overly excited.

December 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have an iPhone. I have a cheaper version of an otter box that's not quite so bulky. It's rubbery so it has seemed to do a decent job of protecting my phone. I had it in another case a few months ago that was not rubbery and dropped it. My screen smashed into a zillion pieces
December 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO and I actually just did the exact same thing. I had straighttalk (prepaid) before and he had AT&T and we decided to switch to Verizon and we each got an iPhone 5... We also both got an Otterbox to go with them. They really are the best case you can get. And they have an awesome warranty system.

Edit: What iPhone are you getting? The Otterbox for the 5 isn't quite as rubbery as the previous version, which is nice, because it actually slides in your pocket a lot easier..

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am an android user. I am not a fan of the windows phones. I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE and my contract is up in feb so I think I will be switching to the Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note. My husband has a Galaxy S2.

Otterboxes are the best cases no matter what phone you get.
briellelynette likes this.

December 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks! I am getting a iphone 4s! I think I may get an Otterbox now....maybe I can try it on in the store to see how bulky it is.

December 15th, 2012, 03:05 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an iPhone, and I've found what I believe are the most beautiful and effective cases at techcandycases.com. I lurve the "jet set" collection. Just make sure you get some of those clear screen protectors to go with it to protect the screen from wear.

Oops! Had to edit the link!

Last edited by lalap; December 15th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
December 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I have an iphone4, with a hard plastic case so it can slide in and out of my vera pouch easily. I used to have some other case that I didn't like very much and would take it off a lot...of course, during that time I dropped it and my screen shattered. DH won't let me be without a case anymore! lol

December 15th, 2012, 05:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Droid Razr. And so far most of my friends who are iphone users have been jealous over all my phones capabilities. And after having tried an iphone...I would NEVER ever buy an iphone. I love my droid. My cover is a rubber gel cover...dont even remember what brand of cover as i grabbed it in store at verizon n slapped it on right there when i got my droid.
sunnydaze likes this.

December 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I have the iPhone 5 and a Blackberry.
December 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an iPhone and an otterbox case for it. I have dropped it several times and so far so good!

December 15th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Veteran
I have an iPhone 4S with a pink & white otterbox. The hard pink outer case cracked resently, but I really like it.

December 15th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I have a iPhone too

EDD:02/06/2015

December 15th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I ended up getting this one: Amazon.com: OtterBox Defender Series Eternality Collection Case for iPhone 4/4S - Retail Packaging - Celestial: Cell Phones & Accessories

December 16th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Otterboxes are bulky but for clumsy people like me, they are worth it LOL

December 16th, 2012, 04:48 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I have a Moto razr with otterbox.. LOVE IT!!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

December 16th, 2012, 06:31 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an iPhone 4S with a black and pink otterbox. My kids and I are both so rough on my phone, there is no way I would have any other case on it.

December 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Veteran
I have an iphone with a rubbery case. I think it is otterbox imitation. Hubby has a nexus 4 with an otterbox.

December 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Wow, so many people have iphones!

December 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an iPhone 5 and I love it. It's very user friendly and easy to navigate. I hope you love yours!

I have an otter box commuter case (thinner than a defender case) and it works well. I tend to drop my phone all the time. Protects it quite well in fact. And I would suggest getting screen protectors as well. Very easy to scratch. Mine has a scratch all ready from my earrings even. Blah.
December 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM
^^ The case I bought has a built in screen protector. Is that enough or do you mean I should get another one too??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search