Baby belly progression from week 5 on

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By terese81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Veteran
I am kind of nervous but here is my baby bump progression (and trust me there IS a noticable one) from week 6 to week 13... I did not take one every week though because I was really sad to be gaining so fast.. this is my second child so I am sure that's why.. I hope. I am now 13 weeks 3 days and my due date is June 21, 2013. Here are a few shots:

first me:

Around 5 weeks:

Around 6-7 weeks:

then I got really upset because the weight starting piling on.. so the next one is 12 weeks:

now my most recent at 13 weeks 1 day (taken this past Saturday on 12/15/2012):

Is anyone else experiencing rapid weight gain to the point where it's like what the heck? This is my second child. I started between 102-103 lbs. at 5'4 1/2" and I weighed in at the doctor office last Thursday on 12/13/2012 at 129 lbs. So.. that's 26-27 lbs. in 13 weeks. With my daughter I gained a total of 35-37 lbs. throughout the entire pregnancy.. and I am already up 26-27 lbs.??? Can anyone shed some light on this? It worries me and my Dr. was even a bit weirded out.. granted I have not been able to exercise in over a month due to feeling to sick... but still.. this is out of control.. my Dr. told me I need to eat better maybe and try to put exercise back in to my routine from now on. (I exercised every day in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters with my daughter) Sorry if this sounds totally vain I am just worried... it's a lot in a very short amount of time.. I hope you are all happy and well xoxo
December 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look very healthy and fit - I'd say the rapid weight gain must be necessary for your body. You don't look like you have an ounce of fat on you!

Everyone gains weight a little differently, and pregnancy to pregnancy can vary too. I'm overweight to begin with, so I haven't gained anything yet, because my body doesn't need to. You're very petite and your body needs the extra weight to support your baby.

That's my take on it anyways. As long as you and baby are healthy, the weight doesn't matter so much.
navywifey2003 likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you look amazing!
pamela.burke611 likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
You look very healthy and fit - I'd say the rapid weight gain must be necessary for your body. You don't look like you have an ounce of fat on you!

Everyone gains weight a little differently, and pregnancy to pregnancy can vary too. I'm overweight to begin with, so I haven't gained anything yet, because my body doesn't need to. You're very petite and your body needs the extra weight to support your baby.

That's my take on it anyways. As long as you and baby are healthy, the weight doesn't matter so much.
I can definitely see your logic and it does make sense to me on one hand and on the other I am just amazed to gain so much so fast when this didn't happen with my daughter (she is 3 and a half now). I can agree with you though on the fact that as long as baby and I are healthy weight shouldn't matter so much and I can worry about shaping back up after baby comes. Baby is priority now. I just hate that my body is changing so quickly this time around. Thank you so much for your insight <3 It means so much to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
omg thank you! That's so sweet and means a lot, especially when I don't feel that <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
omg thank you! That's so sweet and means a lot, especially when I don't feel that <3
December 17th, 2012, 01:06 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I agree that you look amazing. I would love to look that good.

December 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think maybe in the beginning you are gaining a lot to sustain baby and maybe it will level out as you go. I think you are so tiny to begin with that your belly really pops out, I love it!!

December 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that I don't see any fat on you. I am glad the doctor is watching it, but you were incredibly tiny to begin with! I wouldn't worry unless it continues at an alarming rate for the next few months. Your body may even out now that it has built up a lit maternal fat stores. And hey try to take heart--Jessica Simpson gained like a 100 lbs! And she was able to get it all back off. You are fit, you will get it all back off again too when you are done!

December 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You look beautiful! That is such a sweet bump.
I can't see the weight gain at all, except for the belly.
You shouldn't worry about the weight gain unless your doc is concerned.
Enjoy it
December 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Such an adorable bump! Ive also gained a bit fast too...but i also havent done any exercising cuz of how sick n tired i was.

December 18th, 2012, 05:50 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you look great! I wouldn't be to concerned I gained real quick with my first pregnancy I was also super tiny and gained 20 to 25 Pds the first 16 wks! I did end up gaining 76 pds. Ugh ..but with my other 2 ... I gains 40 then 30.. so goes to show ya how differnent all pregnancies r! After my second I did get all the weight off and back to my prepreg size!just enjoy your pregnancy and relax!

December 18th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree you really do look wonderful And like a previous poster said, you don't look like you've gained weight anywhere except the belly (which is a super cute little bump by the way!!)

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
December 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
I agree with everyone that, one, you look adorable, and two, I can't see any weight gain aside from your belly. Being that you were only 102 and 5'4, I think they recommend a weight gain of 35 to 45 pounds. As long as you watch what you eat and exercise, I think you could still hit that mark! I don't think you sound vain at all!! This is my third pregnancy, and I'm 5'4, 117 pounds pre-pregnancy, and I'm hoping to only put on 25 to 30 pounds. :/ I'm over 30 and I'm sure it's gonna be harder to get rid of the extra weight this time. lol.

You'll be fine! You look great!

December 21st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I agree that you look amazing. I would love to look that good.
omg you're way too sweet <3 thank you xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I think maybe in the beginning you are gaining a lot to sustain baby and maybe it will level out as you go. I think you are so tiny to begin with that your belly really pops out, I love it!!
awe, thank you so much. I need to hear that at this point.. feeling so down about it lol <3
December 21st, 2012, 08:01 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
I agree that I don't see any fat on you. I am glad the doctor is watching it, but you were incredibly tiny to begin with! I wouldn't worry unless it continues at an alarming rate for the next few months. Your body may even out now that it has built up a lit maternal fat stores. And hey try to take heart--Jessica Simpson gained like a 100 lbs! And she was able to get it all back off. You are fit, you will get it all back off again too when you are done!
Girl trust me, everything has plumped up.. my thighs, butt, arms, everything. My boyfriend even was watching me walk away and came and grabbed my butt and told me how it grew lol ughhhhhh I swear I wasn't big like this with my daughter until I was around 30 weeks or close to it... lol so I just need to hopefully get this under control after my nausea subsides enough to where I feel I can make it through a workout. Thank you for your support and kind words of encouragement i.e. the Jessica Simpson reference <3 I will try to remain positive. xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
You look beautiful! That is such a sweet bump.
I can't see the weight gain at all, except for the belly.
You shouldn't worry about the weight gain unless your doc is concerned.
Enjoy it

I am trying not to worry, I am just getting bigger by the day! I will try to stay positive, thank you for your support, love <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Such an adorable bump! Ive also gained a bit fast too...but i also havent done any exercising cuz of how sick n tired i was.
I guess you and I need to just try to get back on the exercise train ASAP. We could maybe be workout buddies and encourage each other to get moving!
December 21st, 2012, 08:06 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&K's_mama View Post
I think you look great! I wouldn't be to concerned I gained real quick with my first pregnancy I was also super tiny and gained 20 to 25 Pds the first 16 wks! I did end up gaining 76 pds. Ugh ..but with my other 2 ... I gains 40 then 30.. so goes to show ya how differnent all pregnancies r! After my second I did get all the weight off and back to my prepreg size!just enjoy your pregnancy and relax!
Awe, thank you for the insight and for sharing your experiences <3 Makes me feel more relaxed xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
I agree you really do look wonderful And like a previous poster said, you don't look like you've gained weight anywhere except the belly (which is a super cute little bump by the way!!)
thank you, love! That's reassuring and very sweet of you to say xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by terese81 View Post
I agree with everyone that, one, you look adorable, and two, I can't see any weight gain aside from your belly. Being that you were only 102 and 5'4, I think they recommend a weight gain of 35 to 45 pounds. As long as you watch what you eat and exercise, I think you could still hit that mark! I don't think you sound vain at all!! This is my third pregnancy, and I'm 5'4, 117 pounds pre-pregnancy, and I'm hoping to only put on 25 to 30 pounds. :/ I'm over 30 and I'm sure it's gonna be harder to get rid of the extra weight this time. lol.

You'll be fine! You look great!
Thank you for your advice and support! It really means the world to me! I am so scared about being able to lose the weight after this pregnancy. *Crossing my fingers* for us!! xoxo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search