Keeping the gender a secret from hubby :)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By Rossi_R

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I am crazy to do this, I know. He told me I could find out, but I'm not allowed to tell him. Which originally made me say "no way! I can't do that!" With my son, we were team green and I loved it. I had no temptations whatsoever to find out. I *thought* I'd feel the same way with the next pregnancy. But it has surprisingly been soooo hard!! I had my friend do an ultrasound at 13w5d and she made a tentative guess, but we'll see at my 19 week ultrasound. Well....I'LL see. Hubby will just have to look away.

Has anyone successfully accomplished this?? I really hope I don't blow it. He'd be so mad. I'll say "she" half the time and "he" the other half so he won't know if I DO slip up. I've already sworn my mom and dad to secrecy (I have to tell SOMEONE!).

December 18th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is hilarious. LOL No we are having a gender reveal party for the whole family.

December 18th, 2012, 06:53 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
No, if one of us knows, so does the other. We are keeping it a secret from everyone else though, including the kids. I'm hoping to find out Monday.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 18th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well we are sort of doing the same thing...except I'm NOT finding out and DH is. I told him I'll kill him if he ruins it for me! I'm wondering if any one was able to pull it off also with one knowing and one not. Good luck....I hope your able to keep it secret. You'll really have to pay attention to what your saying at all times. I don't know if I could keep it from slipping. That's a good idea about saying he some times and she other times.
December 18th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think that sounds really fun! I don't know if DH would ever go for it though. I know for me that I absolutely could NOT handle if someone else knew and I didn't. I want to keep it a secret from the rest of the family though

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
December 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My BIL and SIL did this, where he found out on their last, and she didn't. He ended up telling EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, and after a month where EVERYONE knew but she didn't, she cracked and ended up begging to know. I hope you're able to keep it a secret, and your DH is able to hold to his guns and not want to know!
Karen78 likes this.

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
December 18th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
I know for me that I absolutely could NOT handle if someone else knew and I didn't.
That's exactly how I am! With my son, hubby wanted to know and said he swore he wouldn't tell anyone. But I told him it would drive me nuts if someone else knew but I didn't. So I made him wait. And he liked it so much that he wants to wait again this time. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitza1013 View Post
Well we are sort of doing the same thing...except I'm NOT finding out and DH is. I told him I'll kill him if he ruins it for me!
Yeah, he better keep his mouth shut! You're stronger than me. If *I* don't know, no one knows! Haha.....hubby said it won't drive him nuts so yay!

December 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I dont think I could do it!

December 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I think it would be kind of fun to have a little secret to yourself if you could keep it! LOL. My DH would die not knowing and so would I, so that would never happen. I have seen a couple other ladies in other DDC's that have kept it to themselves and they seem to have been able to do it so far!

December 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Good luck! With my sister's first pregnancy, she found out but my grandfather didn't want to know. We all knew and had a terrible time keeping it a secret. When I was pregnant with my first, my grandfather told me that we didn't have to keep the sex a secret because we failed at it the last time.
December 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought about this too since we didnt find out with Drake and my husband kind of liked the surprise aspect (I did too but this time I have too many projects I want to do and I want the extra time to prepare) but I realize he would know once I started to buy stuff. I guess I could try to be careful and hide them but then I would slip I bet and I didnt want to ruin it for him so he said it was fine to find out. Itll be a new experience for us to experience it this way and thats how we are looking at it
December 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Veteran
It's hard for me to keep secret to DH!! But this is fun though! Goodluck!
December 18th, 2012, 05:59 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I would have an extremely hard time with this because part of why I want to know is so I can buy stuff or prepare, etc. I would have to hide all that from dh. If I had to do that I think I would just wait too? I don't know, I wish I could hold out but I am so impatient!!

December 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I couldn't handle if one of us knew and the other didn't I would lose it! Lol!

December 19th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never kept it a secret from dh but I've tried to keep it a secret from everyone else. With ds1 everyone knew immediately at 20 weeks. With ds2 we tried to keep it a secret from everyone, but they kept asking & asking until I caved. With ds3 I said I was only going to tell immediate family, but my SIL kept posting "he" & "brother" on fb. This time we have already got a prediction & I told my parents & swore them to keep secret. However, I know in January I'll be getting the questions again. I'm a horrible at lying & my immediate family knows I get u/s almost every appt so I'm sure they'll suck it out if me even if I tell them I want to keep it a secret. But good luck with it! I obviously am horrible!

December 19th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingdragon View Post
I did too but this time I have too many projects I want to do and I want the extra time to prepare) but I realize he would know once I started to buy stuff.
Luckily, I don't have to worry about all that. Our nursery is done and we have all the gender neutral newborn stuff from when my son was born. Plus, I have a niece that was born this past June so I'll get all of her clothes if we have a girl. There really is no need for me to find out.....I'm just too impatient this time! I gotta know! Never thought I'd say that. With my 1st pregnancy, I thought "Team Green for every baby!!" Maybe if we have a third.....

December 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! My cousins wife has tried to keep it a secret all three times with him and has given it up along the way by accident or my favorite this time telling their 6 almost 7 year old the baby was a boy.

December 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
This is SUPER cute and fun. It's an extra additive to the baby excitement and I love your idea! I have been in a limbo with doing this. My S/O is hands-down FOR knowing, whereas I was like "no babe, let's be surprised this time!"...

Well, now I think I do want to know b/c I honestly LOVE being thoroughly prepared. But wow then again I did have more of a want to be surprised. Grr!
Karen78 likes this.

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search