Baby things

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you bought anything for baby yet?

December 18th, 2012, 10:40 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I actually have. While TTC I took advantage of some freebies offers, and I purchased a couple of onesies and booties with my favorite team mascot on them. Nothing big, yet, and everything fairly gender neutral. Oh, and I did score a $5 highchair in great shape from a daycare that was selling out.

I'm waiting until after the first of the year before anything too big, such as starting to stock up on cloth diapers.
December 18th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've started stocking up on diapers. I ordered our double stroller on black Driday and I think my mom is getting us our video monitor for Christmas. The only other big thing we need is furniture but we won't do that until we know boy or girl. If its a boy all we need is crib but if its a girl we will need crib and changing table/dresser.

December 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I haven't gotten anything yet except a pair of maternity pants that are still too big. I'm not even sure what we're going to need, I actually gave away a lot of stuff this summer when Lucy turned two.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We havent gotten anything yet either but thats cuz weve been broke.

December 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just an Aden & Anais muslin blanket (on a super sale from a store closing) and a new wrap. I have so much stuff already, we really don't need anything, not even clothes.
December 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet. I'm not sure when I'll start. I know we'll be getting some stuff from my aunt, my SIL and possibly my stepmom for Christmas. I think we'll probably wait until our tax return to buy some of the bigger stuff.
December 18th, 2012, 01:27 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to waiting until tax returns. It has been frustrating having to wait! But we just don't quite have the extra funding until tax time. Woohoo, going to be a massive baby shopping spree though! Better buy myself a good pair of walking shoes to wear while I am at it so I don't fall over and die cruising the aisles like a madwoman at 6 months pregnant! LOL
Kyla0709 likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet. I know people are getting us stuff for Christmas, and I know we're getting a TON of hand-me-downs, including a crib and swing, so I want to wait before we start buying anything, at least through the holidays.

That being said, I have bought a TON of material, and I made a really cute quilted blanket last week on my crafting day with my friend:

It's HUGE, so I can't wait to use it as a snuggle blanket, and then eventually put it on his/her toddler bed as a blanket
mommyandwife08 and Kyla0709 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
December 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stephanie, that blanket is adorable! I love it

December 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive been picking up unisex clothes off craigslist. I got a boppy pillow w/cover for 8 bucks, a bouncy seat for 12 and i still have cradle, swing, blankets left from my youngest. ive been on the lookout for a bumbo and bottles next

December 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, but maybe for Christmas??
December 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We won't have the money til after Christmas. Plus, we are waiting on most things until we know whether it's a boy or girl. I will probably start stocking up on diapers soon.

December 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've only bought a few maternity clothes. We don't need much for the baby. We'll wait until we find out the sex and then get crib bedding. Other than that, we just need an infant carseat and an adapter for my jogging stroller
December 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Veteran
My friend gave us a brand new/never used Chicco carseat. We also bought the Chicco carseat frame stroller thing last week. We are waiting to buy furniture until we move in to our new place in a few months since storage is limited here. And as much as I want to go on a baby shopping spree I'm waiting until we find out the gender

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a few things so far. Some that we have bought and some that we have been given. But not very much. I'm trying to wait until we know the gender so I can buy gender specific things! But it's so hard! Luckily almost everything at the stores is boy or girl, so that helps a little. My husband may have to take away my credit/debit cards after we know the gender. Haha. I've already picked out a lot of things that are gender specific one way or the other, so as soon as we know I will be splurging a little I am sure! And then we will do our registry as well.

I did buy a diaper bag the other day that I liked at Vera Bradley because it was on sale, but it's very girlie. But I figure that I'm a girl and I'm the one carrying it, so even if it's a boy, it's ok... Right? Haha.
December 19th, 2012, 03:05 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a free baby sling and a free nursing cover at a website that was having a promotion. Other than that I haven't gotten anything. I am waiting to see if it is a girl or boy. I have a ton of girl clothes/things from my daughter so when we find out it will determine a lot! I am so much more laid back this time about getting stuff. I don't need much, I look at how little I used stuff with my daughter. I need a carseat, good breast pump, cloth diapers (stressing about this-not sure what type to get), a bouncy seat, and then other stuff depends on if it's a boy or girl A girl would save us a ton of money!

December 19th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an 11 month old so I won't need much, except all my stuff is for boys. If this one turns out to be a girl, I'll buy more things. I'm just nervous to buy things now and later find out she's really a he.

December 19th, 2012, 03:58 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
Nothing yet, really want to pin point the sex down before so I can figure out how I want to do things. Probably will shop a lot after the halfway mark, can't wait for that.

December 19th, 2012, 04:47 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, not yet. We are moving in a month so I am going to wait until after that to buy things.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search