When you compare your pregnancies, and worry...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By j&jmom
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By eshute

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Been feeling very low the past week. The other night I "suddenly" had a serious mood swing, to the point of fighting the urge to launch a glass at my wall. I've never had an anxiety attack but the seething anger and emotional outburst almost had me hyperventilating. I had to walk into my closet and pray SO hard. Breathe. Calm down.

What I am feeling with this pregnancy is of course a total contrast to my DS, whom is 8 y/o. So I feel out of the loop not only with the long forgotten process, but the vast differences. I cramp to the point of tears on a nightly basis. During the day, I am truly ok. But I'm honestly scared a bit.

Interesting how doctors really stress that unless you're bleeding along with pains, everything is "normal"...but to what extent? I feel alone, I feel like I'm hard on myself, and I need to get my behind in to be seen. I could use your moral support ladies.

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

December 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really think it would be wise to get in and be seen. For your own mental sanity! I had a hoooorrribbblee time with anxiety and feeling blue with my DS. I was constantly worried sick. I eventually needed to be put on something to help my mood from all the hormones. You might not need that though! Maybe you just need some reassurance that everything is okay. It never hurts to have an actual doctor tell you that everything you are experiencing is normal!
Rossi_R likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy
I live with an anxiety disorder, too. It does make life a little harder, but it's taught me to really focus on taking care of myself. Eating the right foods, getting enough exercise, even things like getting some sunlight, even if it's a gray day out makes a HUGE difference. Vitamins, especially Omega 3 supplements make a huge difference with my mood swings too. If the pain is really worrying you, I wouldn't hesitate to go in and be seen. Cognitive behavioral therapy really helped me in the mental department, and I've researched it thoroughly and found that in most people, it's as effective, or more so than taking meds. It really made a difference in my life. I was having a big problem with this for a few weeks in the beginning, it was really difficult to get through. Lean on whoever you need to, to get through it. You'll pull through.
Rossi_R likes this.
December 19th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd be honest with your doctor and let him know exactly what you are going through & how you feel. If he still doesn't feel the need to see you I would look for a new doctor. Pregnancy shouldn't be like this! I'm so sorry you have been feeling this way!
Rossi_R likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sort of know how you feel. My boys are 8 and 10. I am now pg at 39. Wow - how different is that than 29 and 30. I actually feel embarrassed to tell anyone other than my husband (who is great) - and I haven't told anyone. Thisi is even though I have been married over 13 years and we have jobs where we can financially afford another baby. You know - who is this old lady starting over. I was nearly out of my mind worrying about trisomy. I wish I could be more help - all I can say is I empathize. I think when our babies begin to move, it will get better. I know u/s help me.
Rossi_R likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Go in to be seen. I think that you will feel better if you do. I had terrible mood swings with my boys and actually a couple of days ago I wanted to lick myself in my room and cry all day. it's a very bad feeling. we are here for you sweetie.
Rossi_R likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 08:31 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As you can see, you're not alone. I've had pretty severe mood swings and some periods of nearly crippling anxiety. My midwife has asked me every time I have an appointment "how are you feeling emotionally?". If your doctor isn't asking you, maybe it's time to ask why he/she isn't. I also agree that going in for an appointment should help you feel better about your baby, but also to talk to your doctor about your moods and anxiety. I know that my stepmother as well as my sister ended up on a low dose of medication to help them through their pregnancies and for a few months after birth because their hormones just would not let them be happy and rest easy. Don't feel like you have to do it on your own, we're all strong women, but even the strongest person needs a little help sometimes. Good luck and I know you'll be just fine!
Rossi_R likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM
You ladies are simply the best! Moved me to tears. Sharing your stories, and your advice really means a lot to me. I sincerely wish you all better days, as this emotional roller coaster can be daunting but the finish line will prove victorious. Thank you so much and I send all my love...

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

December 19th, 2012, 11:41 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Get in to be seen. I went through a terrible bout of anxiety and depression very early in my last pregnancy. Having a strong, attentive care provider really helped me to deal with my feelings. I hope things start looking up for you

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

December 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a severe mood swing maybe once every 3 days. I mean, where I get really mad. Usually, I can tell I am having a mood swing and that I am not really justified in my anger, but sometimes, i just lose it and have to ride it out.

My very unlucky but very patient and sweet husband seems to take the brunt of it. I was craving spagettios yesterday and he brought him the chef boyardee brand and not the spagettios brand because it was like 5 cents cheaper and I went off on him and called him a miser and cried.

Was I aware I was bat $hit crazy? Yes.

The truth is, he is very good at diffusing the situation. His calmness and patience usually takes the wind right out of my sails.

When you get angry or have a mood swing...is it directed at a person, or nothing in particular? Maybe, you could warn the people around you, and they can help you calm down fast, like my husband does for me.

Other than the explosive anger I feel every once in a while, I find I am just excessively weepy. I cry over sad songs, commercials, the news, cute kittens, kind words...dumb stuff like that. I seriously can not watch the news while I'm pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search